Dell U3011 30" LCD for $999!! Newegg

Additional $50 off (5%) if you use Discover Card to pay for it. I am tempted to get a second one now.

I completely lost the 30" bug once the $300 27" Korean monitors came into the picture. Sold my 4 year old HP 30", bought 2 x 27" Yamakasi 2701's (that blow the HP away in IQ mind you), had money left over.

Just sayin for anyone 'disappointed' this is sold out. You can basically buy a triple-screen 3 x 27" setup for less than the cost of this sale price 30"

I completely lost the 30" bug once the $300 27" Korean monitors came into the picture. Sold my 4 year old HP 30", bought 2 x 27" Yamakasi 2701's (that blow the HP away in IQ mind you), had money left over.

Just sayin for anyone 'disappointed' this is sold out. You can basically buy a triple-screen 3 x 27" setup for less than the cost of this sale price 30"

Is there any word on how long those things last, though?

ive had shit for luck with the korean 2560x1440 27s else i'd have jumped to them in no time flat

ive had shit for luck with the korean 2560x1440 27s else i'd have jumped to them in no time flat

These Korean monitors were rejected by the name brand manufacturers for a reason. Might get lucky here and there, but in the grand scheme of things they will always be an inferior product.

P.S Awesome price for the Dell U3011.

i remember back in June Newegg had the same deal....$999 shipped for a U3011 and it was very popular....honestly, this is the best price you can get from a reputable dealer....I personally have never seen Dell advertise a U3011 for $999....and even if they did, you still get charged tax....New Egg doesn't charge tax for most....so buying from newegg is the way to go :)

Last edited:
I have been using my U3011 since they were released.. If I was not already rocking 2 30" I would pick this up in a heart beat... Love the OSD, helps with truely calibrating your monitor..

I got one of these at work...boss asked me what else I bought from newegg when he saw my expense report:eek:

These Korean monitors were rejected by the name brand manufacturers for a reason. Might get lucky here and there, but in the grand scheme of things they will always be an inferior product.

I guess I got lucky FOUR times! But you are right, they are totally inferior....especially the ones that go up to 120hz :rolleyes:

Where would be the best place to buy a Yamakasi 2701 ?

Your post is trolling in a thread where no one asked for your opinion on what you prefer. This is a hot deal thread.

Your post is trolling in a thread where no one asked for your opinion on what you prefer. This is a hot deal thread.

Not sure he's trolling, just saying this isn't that hot a deal when compared to other products. (A legitimate claim.) If you are looking for this specific monitor, it's a great deal.

It's not trolling. It's on topic because there's other options for high resolution LCDs. At less than 33% of the price, it's relevant to help inform others. I had been shopping and looking at 30" LCDs for a couple years, but I couldn't afford buying one. The Korean ones get your foot in the door and in some cases, you can get a superior LCD (refresh rate, no AG coating, less input lag) for much cheaper than the Dell 30".

Wikipedia definition of an Internet Troll:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Uh, no. They are monitors that are produced by Korean companies. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Not sure he's trolling, just saying this isn't that hot a deal when compared to other products. (A legitimate claim.) If you are looking for this specific monitor, it's a great deal.

Its a hot deal when that monitor has never been that low in the past, the only time it was ever that low was a price mistake at Best Buy Business website for a day or two. That monitor is always around the $1100-1200 mark.

It's not trolling. It's on topic because there's other options for high resolution LCDs. At less than 33% of the price, it's relevant to help inform others. I had been shopping and looking at 30" LCDs for a couple years, but I couldn't afford buying one. The Korean ones get your foot in the door and in some cases, you can get a superior LCD (refresh rate, no AG coating, less input lag) for much cheaper than the Dell 30".

If this were a displays thread, I could see your opinion on the matter. This is a hot deals thread. Whether or not YOU prefer a cheap import Korean 27" monitor which has NOTHING to do with a Dell 30" monitor is trolling. I'm not even going to comment on that last line of yours about being superior since AGAIN, that is an opinion and one that is not shared by all and AGAIN, doesn't belong in this thread.

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

All of this applies here, take it to the displays forum.

...All of this applies here, take it to the displays forum.

So it gets your panties worked up, huh?
I'm not emotional about it, and I didn't make the first mention of the Korean LCDs. I certainly don't think that "odditory" posted to irritate you.

It is completely relevant. high resolution, S-IPS, much value for the money.
That qualifies it for mentioning in every $1000 LCD "hot deal" thread.

Grow up dude. Okay, I won't twist your panties anymore because it's too easy and they stink. :p

Last edited:
So it gets your panties worked up, huh?
I'm not emotional about it, and I didn't make the first mention of the Korean LCDs. I certainly don't think that "odditory" posted to irritate you.

It is completely relevant. high resolution, S-IPS, much value for the money.
That qualifies it for mentioning in every $1000 LCD "hot deal" thread.

Grow up dude. Okay, I won't twist your panties anymore because it's too easy and they stink. :p

You're spewing childish insults and telling me to grow-up? :rolleyes:

Aww I missed it. Please take your 250x1600/2560x1440 discussions to the display forum. It's quite obvious that people posting here want a 2560x1600 monitor.

To those that have their orders going out, was there a limit to your order? Can you order three?

Its a hot deal when that monitor has never been that low in the past, the only time it was ever that low was a price mistake at Best Buy Business website for a day or two. That monitor is always around the $1100-1200 mark.

Exactly. It's a good deal for this particular model, but not a very good deal for a high-resolution display of this class. I don't think anyone here is disagreeing with you.

Back