Dell's New Line of LCDs

dualityim

n00b
The following are from the new Dell catalogue:

The noticable changes are the new stand, introduced with the 3007WFP, is now used for the whole line apparently. Also the 2405WFP, successor to the 2405FPW, has received a resolution DOWNGRADE, down to WSXGA+ from WUXGA.

That stinks!

First no inputs on the 3007 and now the 2405 gets a resolution down-grade. WTG Dell.

Something doesn't seem right. Why do all the other new monitors follow the "07" naming scheme but the 24" and 20" do not?

And why are there no "NEW" tags next to the 20" and 24" but the other new monitors do have "NEW" tags?

I think it's quite possible there are several errors in this catalogue. Most of this doesn't make any sense.

I saw this same catalog. I got this a month ago, and clearly there are some major typos in it.

No worries... move along now.

K10, there is no 2407 listed there. It's listed as 2405WFP (as opposed to the current 2405FPW). This is bizarre, and if this 2405WFP replaces the 2405FPW or 2407, I'm not going to be pleased. . .

And I should mention we just got a bunch of new 1707FPs at work the other day, and they all had the old round-ish base, not the new one, so. . .

I got this in the mail just yesturday. I flipped to the monitor section as fast as I could to see if they got any new monitors. I got there and all I could say is "WTF?" It looked like a new model (2405WFP and 2005WFP) but it had no pictures or in-depth specs. Maybe the 2405WFP and 2005WFP just have the same stand as the 3007. Thats my guess. I couldn't find anything on the web ethier on these monitors.

I bet it is a typo or something. Even on Dells website the specs are wrong for the 2405. I was asking about the height adjustment a while back, and found they list it as 22 inches smallest height. Folks on here were telling me, it goes below 22 inches. Unfortunately something came up and I had to wait to buy one, or is it Fortunately? Anyway, I am now waiting for the 2407, hopefully the adjustable height on this 2407 will be below 20 inches, as the opening in my desk will not fit anything higher.

Guys, stop being ridiculous.

Why on Earth would Dell release a successor to the 2405FPW called the 2405WFP? FPW just stands for "Flat Panel Widescreen", 2405 is the model number.

This is obviously a typo, those are just the same old monitors. 2407FPW will be the new model.

Adrian

I've ordered both the 19" versions, getting them friday of monday.
I'll take some pics ;)

asmielia said:
Guys, stop being ridiculous.

Why on Earth would Dell release a successor to the 2405FPW called the 2405WFP? FPW just stands for "Flat Panel Widescreen", 2405 is the model number.

This is obviously a typo, those are just the same old monitors. 2407FPW will be the new model.

Adrian
Maybe the new one stands for 'Widescreen Flat Panel' ?

IanG said:

I thinks so too, because the 3007 is also called WFP.
I was on the dell.com site but didn't find the new models? Could someone please post a link? Thanks.

Most likely a typo.

Btw, Windows Vista will have true font scaling, meaning 12pt font will be 12pt font no matter what resolution you are running in, so you don't have to worry that text will be too tiny when running in hi res, like 1920x1200, so you WANT hi res monitors.

Hmm....
I'm looking through Dells' stuff via the coprorate account at work and for the widescreens I see:
2005FPW (with various warranties)
2405FPW (with various warranties)
and the 3007WFP (with various warranties)

Not able to find anything on the "new" models as of yet. Our peripherals rep (after an email) said "not yet" and did not have any specs for me.

We shall wait and see then.

Peace,
Tim

IanG said:

OK, well even if their new suffix is WFP (which makes more sense gramatically), I would be shocked if they released a new monitor with the same model number. All their new monitors finish with 07, there's no way this one is going to be any different.

Plus, Dell doesn't manufacture their own panels, and does anyone know of a panel manufacturer that's got a 24" 1680x1050 panel ready?

Sorry, but this just makes no sense whatsoever. I'm ready to put money on the new monitor being the 2407FPW or 2407WFP, with a native res of 1920x1200 and released within the next week or two.

Adrian

My guess is that they just updated the 2405fpw and 2005fpw to fit with the naming schemes of the new monitors by making them wfp, and that the 1680x1050 rating is probably a typo. I don't think that these are new models yet, just slightly updated names and a typo.

I think DELL is getting ready to release the new monitors.

The Monitor page is all changed around
LOOK

Yeah, it looks like the price of the 2405 went up to 1199.00 from 999.99.

skittzle said:
Yeah, it looks like the price of the 2405 went up to 1199.00 from 999.99.

That's Dell Canada's price (Canadian flag in the upper left hand corner of the screen).

I reckon the new monitors might be released on March 22nd, along with that quad SLI setup. They definately should be in the process of making em, just have a gut feeeling March 22nd will be the date.

Back