dfi board + 406BTA bios = read this

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
ok, so it turns out that Tony added in an option called "odd divisor correct", which can either be enabled or disabled.

as you all should know, the memory speed is set from the cpu speed with an integer divider. i usually denote this divider as "cpu/10" or "cpu/13" or something, meaning that the ram speed is 1/10th or 1/13th the cpu speed.

for anyone who doesn't know, this is calculated by:
ceiling( cpu multiplier / memory ratio )
such that the memory ratio is 1:1 for 200mhz, 5:6 for 166mhz and so forth

now, this option. It rounds all ODD memory dividers up one step

a quick example:
yesterday afternoon, i was running with a 9x cpu multi, and the ram ratio at 1:1, which should give a cpu/9 memory ratio.
i enabled the setting, and suddenly found that i was able to get my ram that had trouble breaking 300mhz all up to ~325mhz. i didn't think about it at first, i was just too excited to have gotten 25mhz out of nowhere. however, it turns out that the ratio was actually at cpu/10, despite everything claiming cpu/9, as it was rounded up to the next setting. this means that my ram was really running at 292.5mhz ;)

so, moral of the story: don't mess with that setting unless you're fully aware of what it does, and most importantly, if you do enable it, be sure to indicate what speed the ram is really running at if you post screenshots ;)

NOTED!

and neat discovery. still dunno if there is any reason for me to go bigtoe as opposed to the actual stock 3/29 bios im running now.... hmmmm

unless of course that one divider is fixed

Back