DFI strikes back with the DFI lanparty JR P45 T2RS

I don't care what term anyone uses... either you or MSI have "misinformation" - who is it?

Wrong. P45s are either 16x 0x or 8x 8x.

I brought up MSI and linked to their product page for a P45 board they have which they say auto-switches from 16x 0x to 8x 8x because YOU said "all p45s are x8" (post #294, 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM). I assumed you knew something I didn't, and asked you for more information about "all P45s". (Why else would you say "all P45s"?)

I brought up Apple because you referred to PCI Express lane switching as "magic", and I figured you needed a real-world example to realize it's not "magic", it's just technology, and it exists.

Not unusual. The Biostar M7NCG version 1.4 had Firewire and an MCP-T southbridge that could do realtime Dolby Digital encoding, but the updated Biostar M7NCG 400 1.0 dropped Firewire and had an MCP southbridge, but the manual still mentioned Firewire. Different revisions have different configurations, but the manuals are typically one-size-fits all.

Or how about you grow up and stop swearing like an immature person? You might also consider using a spell-checker.

Maybe you should just leave this thread since you just got owned. Obviously all Crossfire P45s are x8x8, and non crossfire P45s are x16x0, DUH? Man stop nitpicking on words and trying to boost your torn ego since I just "provided evidence" of your ignorance to THIS board which if you're blind and can't see, is HARDWIRED, aka. you can't do shit about it to x8 single, yes single! Hard to comprehend? Manufacturers can do whatever the hell they want with their boards, just because MSI did it everyone does it? You seem to be completely oblivious. And we also have a spelling police here I see. Bring on the ENG101?

This shit started because you and some others kept pushing that this board can x16, and now if pictures don't prove it I don't know where your head is. Maybe you'll provide more "Apple proof" to stir more crap up. This board is limited to x8x8 SINGLE or CROSSFIRE - end of story, don't post anymore on it kthx.

ditto, other than the notorious sata connection placement...I would have stayed w/ the asus p5e HDMI

as pvhk mentioned, overclocking on a quad w/ the DFI has been an utter PITA compared to my experience w/ the HDMI

if I was running a single gpu, then I would go Asus

Does everyone else here find that lowteckh adds as much value to this thread as I do? I've been trying to think of ways to thank him for everything he's done, but I'm having a hard time deciding how best to express my appreciation of the wonderfulness that is lowteckh...

Anyway, back on topic, I've found that if you use a Q6600 (stepping G0) with it's low FSB of 266 and 9x multiplier it's trivial to hit 3.0Ghz on stock volts at 333, 3.2Ghz with a slight voltage boost and an 8x multi at 400, and 3.6Ghz is doable but I've had issues managing the heat at that point.

Come again with the flames, now trying to center attention on me by involving everyone else? This repeat of x16 and whatnot started with you at the end of page 15 accusing me of being a "liar", and now trying to "soften" things up by being sarcastic? And you call me immature. Can't even admit to your own shortcomings - Way to go old man.

Come again with the flames, now trying to center attention on me by involving everyone else? This repeat of x16 and whatnot started with you at the end of page 15 accusing me of being a "liar", and now trying to "soften" things up by being sarcastic? And you call me immature. Can't even admit to your own shortcomings - Way to go old man.

lowteckh, what is your problem? MSI could be wrong - never said they couldn't!

Look, I was hoping you had some real insight into the Intel P45, heck, maybe you were an industry insider, I don't know do I? You made a claim about all P45s, and I wanted details, and asked you to back up your claims with details.

As someone who's the IT manager of a major software developer, I am a detail-oriented and hyper-specific person, and I expect the same of other people, and all you can seem to do is freak out and use a lot of foul language.

seriously...

in all honestly does PCI 2.0 8x really make a difference vs 16x w. today's gpu's? honestly I don't know and I'm not trying to stir the flames

when I was running 2 4870x2's, I couldn't see how the 8x lanes were hindering my gpu's in CFx

Most of the time PCIe 2.0 8x isn't a problem... based on the reviews I could find, the only time it could make a big difference is if you have a 30" LCD (2560x1600) *and* you have a video card (or two) with only 512MB of video memory. At that point, the video card(s) would have to use the PCIe bus a *lot* more to constantly shuffle data in and out because 512MB wouldn't be enough to keep it all in, which would stress the PCIe bus a lot more with traffic, and you'd see a performance drop at 8x vs. 16x. Fortunately, that's not going to affect a lot of people.

Thanks for help pvhk, and yang88she. I think I should have bought that board long ago...

Thanks for help pvhk, and yang88she. I think I should have bought that board long ago...

well it's better to wait, now there's this excellent thread w/ tons of great info from pvhk, and you can get it cheaper @ the egg :D

oh and a new revision A3

lowteckh, what is your problem? MSI could be wrong - never said they couldn't!

Look, I was hoping you had some real insight into the Intel P45, heck, maybe you were an industry insider, I don't know do I? You made a claim about all P45s, and I wanted details, and asked you to back up your claims with details.

As someone who's the IT manager of a major software developer, I am a detail-oriented and hyper-specific person, and I expect the same of other people, and all you can seem to do is freak out and use a lot of foul language.

This is a professional forum I see now. Let me don my suit because you're an IT manager. I made a claim that now that I look at it said all P45s, what I meant was all P45s in crossfire since we are talking about a crossfire board and the issue is in crossfiring and single laning where this board is clearly x8x8. So sorry for not being specific down to the last (pick whatever letter you want). You wanted proof and evidence, I gave you THREE pictures to tell the story. Are we talking about other boards? MSI Apple? This is DFI JR P45 matx TYVM.

And you're still up on my case? Good job being detail orientated and concerned about bad words and bad grammar, but I'm not here to cater to your nitpickyness, nor do I really care.

You wanted proof and evidence, I gave you THREE pictures to tell the story.

Ah, I see now that you didn't look at my system config in my sig, or read my other posts in ohter threads in this forum... I've had the JR P45 T2RS since it was released, so I never needed your pictures of that. I was just concerned with whether DFI cut any corners with their P45 MATX implimentation - i.e. whether DFI would be revving the board down the road to support 16x 0x as well, whether other companies might enter the P45 MATX market with a board that does 16x 0x as well as 8x 8x, and whether other companies like MSI with their P45 ATX boards were making stuff up in their specs. I figured you could help confirm/deny that... surely you understand my perspective now?

Thank you for posting without swearing.

Ah, I see now that you didn't look at my system config in my sig, or read my other posts in ohter threads in this forum... I've had the JR P45 T2RS since it was released, so I never needed your pictures of that. I was just concerned with whether DFI cut any corners with their P45 MATX implimentation - i.e. whether DFI would be revving the board down the road to support 16x 0x as well, whether other companies might enter the P45 MATX market with a board that does 16x 0x as well as 8x 8x, and whether other companies like MSI with their P45 ATX boards were making stuff up in their specs. I figured you could help confirm/deny that... surely you understand my perspective now?

Thank you for posting without swearing.

The P45 chipset does support 16/0 and 8/8 its up to the board makers to decide if they implement that capability. I think this will be very hard on a crossfire mATX board.

The P45 chipset does support 16/0 and 8/8 its up to the board makers to decide if they implement that capability. I think this will be very hard on a crossfire mATX board.

I'm just wondering how the fuck are we suppose to know if DFI will decide to rewire the board to support x16/x0? This line of arguement is not only retarded since it's evident what the board supports but also because it's one guy trying to back track and say that this isn't what he really meant but he really meant to wax speculatively about what a company may or may not do at sometime in the distant future.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways, have my board but still need a 4850 for it. Totally can't wait to get it powered. :)

I'm just wondering how the fuck are we suppose to know if DFI will decide to rewire the board to support x16/x0? This line of arguement is not only retarded since it's evident what the board supports but also because it's one guy trying to back track and say that this isn't what he really meant but he really meant to wax speculatively about what a company may or may not do at sometime in the distant future.

Hmm? I'm not so concerned with what DFI will do, but what they (and other companies) can do. What I have been investigating is two possible scenarios - one is that the Intel P45 can only do x8 x8, the other that it can switch between x16 x0 and x8 x8 if a motherboard maker chooses (or has the ability and/or desire to) implement that feature.

Now if the P45 can switch x16 x0 and x8 x8, there might be some who'd say that creating a MATX motherboard that can do that is as impossible as making a MATX motherboard that supports eight cores and 48GB of RAM - but we already have that with the SuperMicro MBD-X7DCA-L-O, now don't we?

Anyways, have my board but still need a 4850 for it. Totally can't wait to get it powered. :)

The JR P45 T2RS is a good board and the 4850 is a good card, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

My board just arrived today and it's an A3 as well. My E8400 arrived as well but it's a C0 chip, guess I wasn't that lucky.

as pvhk mentioned, overclocking on a quad w/ the DFI has been an utter PITA compared to my experience w/ the HDMI

if I was running a single gpu, then I would go Asus

I've been having a fun time tuning a Q9400! :) The more i learn how to tweak it the better results it puts out.

Another PR for my machine of 15,975!!! :)

159753dmark06.JPG

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=8212473

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/nfhfd/

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=419256

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DFI is not rewiring this board. Its either 8x/0 or 8x/8x. That is electrically how it is wired, there are only 8 lanes running from the NB to the first slot. So unless they release a new version with a totally different PCB then its 8x max in the first slot.

DFI is not rewiring this board. Its either 8x/0 or 8x/8x. That is electrically how it is wired, there are only 8 lanes running from the NB to the first slot. So unless they release a new version with a totally different PCB then its 8x max in the first slot.

Yeah, I'm not saying they will nor am I interested. Nray was trying to hide behind that to justify his diatribe.

If DFI ever decided to do (and why should they? It makes no sense) a 16/0+8/8 board then it's going to be an entirely new product.

Nray was trying to hide behind that to justify his diatribe.

Huh? Why would I do that? I've had the board since release, I've known that it's x8 x8 wired.

I saw someone's post claiming all Intel P45s were x8 x8, had read otherwise, and asked that person to back it up. Pretty simple. Go back and read my post on 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM - I talk about MSI, not DFI.

I think I realize where some of the confusion in this thread may be coming from - people might not be realizing that "P45" is a chipset designed and made by Intel, and used by many motherboard makers. So when someone says, "all P45s", what they are saying effectively is this set of motherboards (currently):

GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-EXTREME
ASUS Maximus II Formula
ASUS P5Q Premium
MSI P45 Diamond
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-EXTREME
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DQ6
Foxconn ELA
ASUS P5Q3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP
MSI P45 Platinum (HC Edition)
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
ASUS P5Q WS
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS4P
DFI LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS
GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R
BIOSTAR TPower I45
MSI P45 Platinum
DFI LANPARTY DK P45-T2RS
DFI LP JR P45-T2RS
ASUS P5Q-E
Intel BOXDP45SG
ASUS P5QC
MSI P45 Neo2-FR
GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-DS3R
ASUS P5Q
ASUS P5Q Pro
ASRock P45R2000-WiFi
ASRock P45TS-R
Foxconn P45A-S
BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R
MSI P45 Neo3-FR
ASUS P5Q SE/R
ASRock P45TURBOTWINS2000
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L
ASUS P5Q SE
BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7
MSI P45 Neo-F
ASRock P45TS
ECS P45T-A

(The DFI lanparty JR P45 T2RS is just one P45 board.)

We know that and don't care. This thread is about this DFI mobo and not MSI's mobos or Apple's custom mobo or any other P45.

This is about DFI's P45 Lanparty Jr, you need to drop it Nray.

We know that and don't care. This thread is about this DFI mobo and not MSI's mobos or Apple's custom mobo or any other P45.

This is about DFI's P45 Lanparty Jr, you need to drop it Nray.

Wow.

Just, wow.

Time I left this forum for good, and stick to the forums with human beings and not assholes.

Wow.

Just, wow.

Time I left this forum for good, and stick to the forums with human beings and not assholes.

Please do. And don't lecture me or others about maturity when you are so stuck on denouncing people, can't admit to wrongs and have to nitpick on words to hide that. I already said (because I could care less about details that you are so accustomed to as an all-mighty IT manager :eek:) P45s are x8x8 crossfired, ok I didn't specify crossfire because that was an assumption we were talking about crossfiring since that's what this whole issue is - lane changing. Ima just stop since your thick head won't come to terms with itself and have to keep dragging this debacle.

As an aside, has anyone had a problem with the speaker? I attached mine (worked on a previous MA78GM) both ways to see if I connected it properly but it won't BOOP on boot, and I really like the BOOP : \

PSU changed!
3d06 (crossfire):
[/IMG][/URL]
I'd expect that with 819241MHz at the core the results would be just a little higher :D

Some of these numbers are making me jealous that I can't fit a TRUE in my SG-03. Nice results guys.

@yang88she: What are your CPU temps with the TR 90? stock, o/c, idle, load.. I just plunked down some blood money for the Qmicra and am looking for coolers. Chatted with Dave and the TRUE won't fit, so I'm assuming the S1283 won't too with the same height, the Sunbeam core contact probably won't fit the board thx to its wide mount, and I'm now kinda lost as to what to get...

Anyone here who knows how to disable the PC Health Status (in bios) from controling my cpu fan speed? I want to set it manually in speedfan. thanx :)

edit: raised the max degree before full fan speed to 60. maybe know i can get some sleep hehe :D. Damn the strees test. lol :)

Crossfire 4850 does not require much wattage. A 600 will suffice, I am using 700.

@yang88she: What are your CPU temps with the TR 90? stock, o/c, idle, load.. I just plunked down some blood money for the Qmicra and am looking for coolers. Chatted with Dave and the TRUE won't fit, so I'm assuming the S1283 won't too with the same height, the Sunbeam core contact probably won't fit the board thx to its wide mount, and I'm now kinda lost as to what to get...

According to Everest, my temps are around 53 (I will double check tonight when I get off of work).

This is w/ the HSF getting hot hair pushed through the HSF from the Volcanic Heat of the x2, so I'm going to try and maybe use the washer trick to place the HSF in a front to back - push/pull where I know it will definitely work better and get better temps.

ie. I was getting 42ish w/ a zalman 9700NT...

yeah unfortunately a TRUE won't fit, great choice on the SFF case, I absolutely <3 mine, and Dave is great: I can't say enough nice things about him, always there to answer questions and answers his emails very promptly and patiently.

Well DFI hasn't been exactly helpful at all. I just asked them on their forums wtf can fit in it, listed the coolers I that didn't fit including the intel stock and all that SOB mod could give me was a half-assed asnwer, "Such are the constraints of a mATX board." What fckin' poor service where they can't even admit that NB heatsink is horrendously designed and placed.

I was looking at the 9700 but the high cost of it and my experience with the 8700 (loud as hell) is a massive turn off. Any ideas what coolers can fit in a front to back position and still be able to mount the radiator bracket? I'm worried that getting a S1283 or Noctua U12P (when mounted front to back) will 1. be restricted by the NB, 2. prevent radiator bracket from mounting or worse, be too wide for the case.

Well DFI hasn't been exactly helpful at all. I just asked them on their forums wtf can fit in it, listed the coolers I that didn't fit including the intel stock and all that SOB mod could give me was a half-assed asnwer, "Such are the constraints of a mATX board." What fckin' poor service where they can't even admit that NB heatsink is horrendously designed and placed.

I was looking at the 9700 but the high cost of it and my experience with the 8700 (loud as hell) is a massive turn off. Any ideas what coolers can fit in a front to back position and still be able to mount the radiator bracket? I'm worried that getting a S1283 or Noctua U12P (when mounted front to back) will 1. be restricted by the NB, 2. prevent radiator bracket from mounting or worse, be too wide for the case.

I know from experience the Alpha Pre9060 will fit the DFI board.

The Ultra 90 will fit also and I also think the Ultima 90 might fit too.

Either of those three HSFs will fit in the QMicraV2 without any problems.

Back