Diablo 2 His res mod: Play the game in True 1440x900 res !!!!

fixed my glitching. Turned perspective off.

Can run at 1920x1200 just fine.....well except it is too small and I can't telaport to the far edges of the screen.....1600x1024 works best for me.

I want to see a Starcraft mod do this...or at least have it be playable on W7 :(

Starcraft works fine in W7, you just need to check every single Compatability option (but not run it in OS compatability mode) - resolved all of the colour problems for me. If you alt-tab though you're straight back to being screwed :p

When playing at 1600x1024 I get massive slow down with my necromancer. Is there any way to speed this game up? I know it is not designed for my hardware but I should be able to keep it from slowing down at least.

fixed my glitching. Turned perspective off.

Can run at 1920x1200 just fine.....well except it is too small and I can't telaport to the far edges of the screen.....1600x1024 works best for me.

Turning off Persperctive fixed my problems as well, thanks.

Starcraft works fine in W7, you just need to check every single Compatability option (but not run it in OS compatability mode) - resolved all of the colour problems for me. If you alt-tab though you're straight back to being screwed :p

The only fix I have found to stop SC being reduced to 256 colors in Windows 7 is to kill Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) and then run Starcraft. I wrote a simple .bat file to kill explorer, run sc, then rerun explorer upon exiting sc. For some reason even in compatibility mode Windows 7 still forces the game in 256 colors which results in the horrible teal, yellow, whites, and pinks. :D

Cant believe I didn't think of this earlier. Found a sweet spot with this mod for 30" LCDs with 2560x1600 res.

Playing in 1280x800 looks really clean and crisp since it's a factor of 2560x1600.

The great thing about it is that you don't see too much extra screen so you don't feel like you're cheating.

I'm now using the Res Mod instead of the Glide wrapper. Will of course have to switch back when playing online.

Performance does feel a bit smoother when using the glide wrapper, but the increased res and FOV is well worth the trade off.

The game actually looks surprisingly good in Direct Draw. Shadows definitely look better when running glide though. If only Glide mode worked with this MOD, it would be perfect :D

I've always wanted to play this game, is it still popular/worth it?

D2 is one of those timeless, classic, must play games. The graphics are pretty bad compared to today's standards, but the gameplay is unrivaled in the action/rpg arena.

I would wait for the upcoming 1.13 patch to be released before getting into it. They are going to reset the battle.net ladder when the patch comes out too.

I would wait for the upcoming 1.13 patch to be released before getting into it. They are going to reset the battle.net ladder when the patch comes out too.

This is what I've decided to do before playing again. Unfortunately there is no official date for the 1.13 patch release.

Before I got swamped with work here recently, I started playing again with the 1.12a patch. The game is still awesome.

Back