Diablo 3 Beta

its been like this with blizzard for a long time (if you played wow you'd know). but hey their games are still better than most.

It's funny you bring this up. I loved wow, but always was pissed at their shitty selection of gear. I guess it'll be a do-over with diablo 3 =P

Has blizz stated that there will be guilds? I didn't see any hint from the beta, but i guess i didn't look that hard.

From what I understand, no guild support announced at the moment. I'm sure it will happen but it may take a while... :(

I'm more curious about "unofficial" guild arrangement until that time arrives.

For something unofficial, we could start a battletag list to join each others games.

For something unofficial, we could start a battletag list to join each others games.

I'd be willing to slap on whatever tag on my D3 handle that will work with the character limitations for Battle.net v2.

You guys think "hardest modes" will requires healers/tanks to complete? Or will you just be able to roll through the hard levels like in diablo 2?

they said inferno is crazy difficult and you'll die frequently..

idk how you can have a healer and a tank in a game like this, pretty unlikely.

Well a 'tank' would serve the same purpose that the merc did in D2. Something to stand up front and take the attacks while the ranged classes fire from the back. There are definitely some tanky builds you can make in D3 with runes and passives. Barb and monk has 30% extra damage reduction already just for being melee.

Inferno will probably be one long gearcheck. You can outlevel the other difficulties but gear will be the only thing that matters at the end.

The first two Diablo games didn't require any sort of party balance to defeat at the hardest levels. The difficulty there was in the correct choices to be made in the ability tree, which is why they did away with it entirely.

Sure, there will be good, better, best abilities for the hardest levels, but the game won't penalize you for not knowing this at level 10, like it did in the past.

Here's a developer diary video in which they discuss the higher difficulties (Hell, Inferno).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk

Are there still 3 difficulty levels, or is Inferno now a 4th? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno?)

Are there still 3 difficulty levels, or is Inferno now a 4th? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno?)

Ya - there will be four now. There's still also "hardcore."

If past experience is anything, the higher difficulty levels will be gated behind beating the game once.

In beta, in order to play "hardcore" you have to get through the beta once already with any character. Every character after can play the hardcore mode.

I never got into that hardcore stuff ... you get a 2 second lag spike and you could be done and over with.

No I downloaded the full battle.net client. Just can't install til release day. At least I'll be ready to go though.

I did the same.

as for hardcore man, I'm not feeling it ! personally I don't have enough free time to be just letting characters die forever hahha

I think I'll go through the game at least a couple of times with each character before giving Hardcore mode a shot.

Hardcore certainly adds an extra level of intensity & strategy to the game.

Any advantage to HC mode? Better drops? I see the risk sure, just not the reward.

Inferno should be hard. Should.

Q: Was anyone in the internal test team able to beat D3 Inferno difficulty?
A: no

Source.

Last edited:
I wonder if making the game arbitrarily hard is a good thing. On the other hand, some challenge would be nice. All should be clear in a few weeks.

It's progressively hard, not arbitrarily. You have to beat the game with a character on one level of difficulty to open up the next.

I'm not sure if you understand what the word "arbitrary" actually means. And yeah.. each difficulty level gets harder. Thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

Anyway, this conversation is pointless at this time anyway.

Back