Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

So that was one I did as well. How did the server split people?
No idea how they're doing it. For what it's worth, I was never put into a group that had anyone under level 20 despite the complaints about that happening.

Reactions: Xrave
like this
No idea how they're doing it. For what it's worth, I was never put into a group that had anyone under level 20 despite the complaints about that happening.
I was practically every time. It ranged from 3-7 people below 20. That said, the groups I was in managed to kill her all but one time, but on most occasions the low players ended up leaving. Perhaps they had to repair and tp'd back to town? Right now, you tp back, and you'll lose whatever instance you're currently in.

Not sure how the game groups. Perhaps they look at overall stats and try to group you to similar people? I know my runs ended up mostly grouping to help people on my friends list out, so whereas I might have been geared, they may not have been. The only solo attempt I had was the very last run with my alt, who was very poorly geared.

1uqxmh.gif

Less than Two weeks away June 2nd if you have the deluxe version so I wonder when preload will pop up? I have no idea what class I want to stick with might make one of each. I think that is kinda engraved into the game gimping classes so you want one of each. I know for a fact this game will sound awesome on my VZR headphones

Last edited:
Less than Two weeks away June 2nd if you have the deluxe version so I wonder when preload will pop up? I have no idea what class I want to stick with might make one of each. I think that is kinda engraved into the game gimping classes so you want one of each. I know for a fact this game will sound awesome on my Zyr headphones
June 1st at 7 PM for those of us on the East Coast.

As far as preload? Guessing Tuesday? That's Blizzard's normal maintenance day, so I'd expect it to be available when they come back.

Less than Two weeks away June 2nd if you have the deluxe version so I wonder when preload will pop up? I have no idea what class I want to stick with might make one of each. I think that is kinda engraved into the game gimping classes so you want one of each. I know for a fact this game will sound awesome on my VZR headphones
1 week 😉.

I enjoyed Rogue during the server slam, but I think I'm going Sorcerer for my first character. I really want to explore the build possibilities with it.

June 1st at 7 PM for those of us on the East Coast.

I keep seeing June first for early adopters too. One source PC Gamer says "Diablo 4 will release on June 6, 2023, with early access for preorder players beginning several days before on June 1."

But then the math isn't there according to Blizzards site. Four days isn't several.

"Up to 4 Days Early Access to Diablo IV (Pre-Purchase Bonus Item)**"

I keep seeing June first for early adopters too. One source PC Gamer says "Diablo 4 will release on June 6, 2023, with early access for preorder players beginning several days before on June 1."

But then the math isn't there according to Blizzards site. Four days isn't several.

"Up to 4 Days Early Access to Diablo IV (Pre-Purchase Bonus Item)**"
It is confusing since multiple sites are stating different things. But according to Reddit people the early launch is June 1 7PM ET/4PM PT and the retail launch is June 5 7PM ET/4PM PT.

It is confusing since multiple sites are stating different things. But according to Reddit people the early launch is June 1 7PM ET/4PM PT and the retail launch is June 5 7PM ET/4PM PT.
Yup, posted earlier in the thread that the marketing shows the 2nd/6th because that is when it will be available in every region. The universal release time is 23:00 UTC on the 1st/5th, so basically every time zone from CEST eastward is the 2nd/6th.

Guess I'll end up grabbing this. I'll wait a week or two after release. Been playing Last Epoch. Its fun, but the end game monoliths are starting to grind away. The crafting is awesome though. I'm constantly building new gear.

There's no real sword and board class is there? The other specs I like are almost like totems. Drop AI to fight the AI while I loot and dodge. There such a class here?

1 week 😉.

I enjoyed Rogue during the server slam, but I think I'm going Sorcerer for my first character. I really want to explore the build possibilities with it.
First Beta the Sorcerer was OP, the Rogue is fun but it's no where near as powerful as the Sorcerer or Necromancer.

They nerfed the health of the skeletons for the Necromancer but it's still massively OP

They nerfed the Sorcerer and I found it a bit weaker in the Server Slam. Still fun, but way harder to stay alive.

The Spell casters are insane because their abilities have massive Area of Effect ramifications. Ice Storm is great one you can layer for waves of damage and freezing effects. The hydras are essential for the Sorcerer and you need to look for magic items that allow you to summon 2 stacks of Hydras. Find that and you sit back while your hydras kill everything and you freeze the rest of your foes from range.

Just my 2 cents. I am looking forward to seeing how the Necro and the Sorcerer evolve at later levels.

In my humble opinion, the direct combatants aren't resilient enough. They need more hit points and damage resistance or evasion.

Rogue will likely be the most OP class but with the highest skill ceiling.
Blizz keeps emphasizing how important class/build balance is, so there will probably be a lot of buffs and nerfs over time.

Guess I'll end up grabbing this. I'll wait a week or two after release. Been playing Last Epoch. Its fun, but the end game monoliths are starting to grind away. The crafting is awesome though. I'm constantly building new gear.

There's no real sword and board class is there? The other specs I like are almost like totems. Drop AI to fight the AI while I loot and dodge. There such a class here?
A tank using Barbarian is still possible. They gave the class the ability to wield two-handed weapons while equipped with a shield like the Crusader in Diablo III. It also has various skills and passives to both bolster defense and taunt enemies.

I was wrong. The two-handed in one hand passive so you can dual wield 2H weapons. That's what I get for not trying the class during the betas.

Last edited:
A tank using Barbarian is still possible. They gave the class the ability to wield two-handed weapons while equipped with a shield like the Crusader in Diablo III. It also has various skills and passives to both bolster defense and taunt enemies.

I was wrong. The two-handed in one hand passive so you can dual wield 2H weapons. That's what I get for not trying the class during the betas.
Don't sweat it, the Crusader or Paladin will be the next expansion class. I think necros can use shields :p.

Oh and barbs don't need shields... they block things with their nip... pecks.

Like their player base. :D
Yup, hard headed, too, some of us made it into the ATC club as barb mains (4 %), but us and the droods were then stuck at the little kids table while the rogues, necros, and sorcs circle-jerked to celebrate their absolute dominance.

Sorc - Fire, lightning, and ice... OH MY! /pewpewpew sounds
Necro - My pets suck, but who cares... I bone everything anyways.
Rogue - Running with scissors, sharp scissors... If you know want end to stick in the baddies, you rule, otherwise, you suck.
Barb - I like pain but at least sticks and stones won't break me... and if I hit you enough times, your hitpoints will hit zero eventually. The Sorcs, Necros, and Rogues can run to the grocery store and back, I'll still be killing the same dude.
Druid - But why?

Looks to be a fair sized map.

I will probably need a bigger screen.
Like panel size or resolution? Because the only way to see more is to go 21:9.

Yup, hard headed, too, some of us made it into the ATC club as barb mains (4 %), but us and the droods were then stuck at the little kids table while the rogues, necros, and sorcs circle-jerked to celebrate their absolute dominance.

Sorc - Fire, lightning, and ice... OH MY! /pewpewpew sounds
Necro - My pets suck, but who cares... I bone everything anyways.
Rogue - Running with scissors, sharp scissors... If you know want end to stick in the baddies, you rule, otherwise, you suck.
Barb - I like pain but at least sticks and stones won't break me... and if I hit you enough times, your hitpoints will hit zero eventually. The Sorcs, Necros, and Rogues can run to the grocery store and back, I'll still be killing the same dude.
Druid - But why?
Because Barb and Druid are going to make you shit your pants with colossal power. Their performance up to Level 20 is inconsequential compared to what comes soon after.

Really terrible live action trailer.

Lmao, how is that "really terrible"? That's considerably more well done, both in execution and tone, than I expected to see.

Back