Did I make a mistake?

TheBicFlic

n00b
(First, I looked around and couldn't get much of an answer, so that is why I made the thread.)

I am completely torn. I went to the store today to pick up CoD 4, but they didn't have any in stock. While I was there, I noticed they were still taking pre-orders for Assassin's Creed so I dropped $5 on it. I figured CoD 4 was really just another FPS game that I have been playing for a long time, and Assassin's Creed is something different.

Now I am reading all this stuff about how repetitive Assassin's Creed is going to be, and I realized it won't have multi-player like CoD.

I don't have the $ for both, so if you could only pick one (say till Christmas), which would you pick?

In my mind, pre-ordering is always a mistake. However, the early reviews for Assassin's Creed are a 5/5, 10/10, and 9.5, so I figure you probably could have done worse.

CoD4 is way too much fun. This is my first experience with XBOX live and its amazing. I thought I would have problems using the crappy internet at my GFs house but my ping is aroung 60. I enjoy the way you unlock perks, weapons, and weapon attachments ... for your custom class, by racking up kills.

I hesitated about getting CoD4 because the reviews said that it feels very much like the previous games in the series. I have a few problems with the way the games do certain things, but after reading the overall positive scores I decided to pick up the new one anyway. I'm very glad I did. The single player game is one of the best, most visceral action experiences I've ever had. However, you can easily beat it in a day. I haven't tried the MP yet but from what everyone's said it's very fun. That's where the longevity for that game will lie.

Assassin's Creed will almost certainly have a significantly longer single player experience. From what I've seen so far it's hard to tell if the gameplay will be fun all the way through. I think it'll be memorable, and something different from what we're used to. But you can only play it so long without multiplayer.

Like you said, there are a lot of shooters out there, and while CoD4 is fantastic, it's still a shooter. If you're in the mood for something different, I don't think Assassin's Creed will disappoint you.

It's a bad time to only be able to get 1 game! lol. I'm in the same boat though.

I'd honestly just hold off a few days and see some more Assassin's Creed reviews (and especially community feedback). Don't forget Mass Effect next week either. :p

I'm having a BLAST with CoD4 for what it's worth, but I obviously can't speak on the stuff that isn't out yet. One thing I can say about the other games with some certainty is they won't have a mission where you're the TV gunner on an AC-130. :D

Im loving COD4 also. I had to stop playing Halo 3. I always found the worst people in Halo for whatever reason.

I want to get AC too but I put it on my Xmas list like the orange box.

i hated multiplayer in all of the other cod but cod4 multiplayer is awesome. i think my friends make it even better.

i hated multiplayer in all of the other cod but cod4 multiplayer is awesome. i think my friends make it even better.

Are you guys playing CoD4 for the xbox360 or PC? I personally would only get it for PC...

Are you guys playing CoD4 for the xbox360 or PC? I personally would only get it for PC...
My video card died on me, and I can't afford a new one at the moment. I'm a real stickler for keyboard and mouse on games like this, but I went ahead and picked up the 360 version and I have to say it plays really, really well. Once I finished the training mission I was fine on the controller.

The only time I found myself even thinking about the lack of a mouse was during the sniper missions, but even then the controller did its job perfectly well. No regrets whatsoever, and that's coming from someone who is heavily biased against console FPS's.

That said, if you've got a working beefy computer and can choose between the two, might as well save 10 bucks and have the added accuracy to boot. I just didn't have the option personally with my video card down.

I personally picked up Cod4, because even though it's just another FPS, the multiplayer is totally addictive, and really fun. It has playlist variety to rival Halo's, and waaaaaay more customization options.

I played the beta, so I knew what I was getting into, but it's one of the most fun online FPS's I've played in ages. The campaign is really good too. So far, the storyline is similar to a fast paced action movie, and very well told.

I passed on Assassins Creed even though it looks awesome, because I'll probably rent it and beat it over the Holiday season, or buy it used. I haven't heard theres anything to the game besides the single player campaign, and I've started holding off on those.

Oh, and whether you choose PC or 360 or PS3, doesn't matter. CoD4 rocks.

i got it for the 360.

im so use to the controller for FPS now it dont bother me like it use too. i can head shot people easily now.

and i use to be anti console fps

Back