Digital output problem please help...

husker4life

Limp Gawd
I use an audigy 2 zs soundcard and i have altec ADA885 4.1 speakers. When i enable digital output i only get sound from the front 2 speakers and the 2 rears are silent. I have 3 jacks for my speakers, yellow one is SPDIF for digital, green is for the front speakers, black is for my rear speakers. Ive tried many different configs with no luck :mad:

Athlon 64 [email protected](stock)
Evga 6800GT 350/1000(stock)
Asus K8N-E deluxe nforce 3 250gb mobo
pc3200 ddr400 1024MB(2x512) XMS Corsair memory
80GB IDE Maxtor HD
Lite-on DVD/CD RW
Sound blaster audigy 2 zs
Antec SLK3700-BQE Case with 350W PSU
Windows XP SP1, directx 9.0c, Nvidia 76.41 forceware drivers, nforce 5.10 mobo drivers

unless its dolby digital 5.1 you wont be getting surround from digital. No game surround, etc. Just hook it up with 3 analog connectors to get surround in everything else.

if we're talking MP3 tracks they are only recorded ibn 2 channel so you will only get the front speakers working unless you apply some sort of digital processing to it in which case it will sound like arse.

the 'optical only' option in the creative control panel doesn't nothing other than disable the analog outs on the card. it is to reduce possible interference between the digital and analog ports.

if you are only hearing sound out of the front speakers it is probably because you aren't listening to a DD signal...

Back