Dirty little rodent

donahue

Gawd
How do you guys keep your mice clean? mine gets a lot of crust on the clicky areas from gaming when my fingers sweat. I can't keep it clean for more than 3 days.

I have a Kensington optical trackball. Today I noticed it was tracking rather slow, turned it over to remove the ball and found a glob of cat hair underneath. These things are cat hair magnets, I swear! :D

Logitech MX 700 (wireless version of the mx510?). It isn't a big deal, and it is solely the buttons, where my index aand middle fingers are. My hands are clean, maybe they just sweat a lot...it is usually around 80 degrees in my room anyway with comp, 19" CRT, TV, and routers.

WuTangClam said:
I don't have that problem either. Sometimes bits of dust get stuck to the feet, but I've never had problems with the buttons.

What kind of mouse do you have?

You could try getting a gaming glove: http://www.xoxide.com/steelglove.html

LOL. . . . that is just too funny . . . . . a gaming glove to reduce friction. . . . . what will they think of next.

a device that stops your heart and pumps blood for you so as to not produce unwanted twitches that might throw off your aim.

I normally just use a slightly damp cloth to wipe away the sludge. I've never really found a good way to keep it from coming back short of going germaphobic and washing my hands constantly.

Wash your hands, damp cloth as needed, rubbing alcohol a couple times a year?

Wash your hands.

Take showers.

Stop eating at the keyboard.

CLEAN YOUR GODDAMN ROOM.

If the OP is still reading after all the asshole "wash your hand" comments.

I use a thin light cloth over my mouse. The one I'm using right now is a jewerly rag.
This way allows for heavy use without wearing away the paint or gathering smudges.
Just wash the rag when you do laundry.

Hate_Bot said:
Wash your hands.

Take showers.

CLEAN YOUR GODDAMN ROOM.

Gee seems you have a bit of re-pressed anger there...

Let it all out tell us how you really feel.. :p

I think his handle says it all...and speaking of handles, I finally got my girl to read your namesake. :D

Seriously though - wash hands frequently, damp cloth as needed, rubbing alcohol every few months. Works great.

ashmedai said:
I think his handle says it all...and speaking of handles, I finally got my girl to read your namesake. :D

Nothing like seeing a fine fine woman read a good book....

Especially if she opens up for some nice tounge lashing...
;)

donahue said:
Logitech MX 700 (wireless version of the mx510?). It isn't a big deal, and it is solely the buttons, where my index aand middle fingers are. My hands are clean, maybe they just sweat a lot...it is usually around 80 degrees in my room anyway with comp, 19" CRT, TV, and routers.

jesus open a window

Dallows said:
jesus open a window

In Wisconsin winters it's nice to be in a warm room, but with summer I will be out more and playing computer less.

donahue said:
In Wisconsin winters it's nice to be in a warm room, but with summer I will be out more and playing computer less.

you lie, and yes I didn't know you were in wisconsin

*cough*quitflogginthebishopitworkedforme*cough*

i'm having this issue to, gonna need to stop eating at the keyboard. (not to mention the calories and the inactivity)

Hate_Bot said:
Wash your hands.

Take showers.

CLEAN YOUR GODDAMN ROOM.
But... but... I don't wannnnnnnnnt tooooooo. :(

If you own a MX510 you will get build up no matter how clean your hands are - it is incredibly noticeable with these mice. I am sure anyone that has/does own one can vouche for that.

Back