Distorted front left channel with X-Fi Please Help

kam03

Weaksauce
I have a weird issue with my X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series . I am getting a distorted effect from my front left channel on my teufel motiv 5 speakers. I am running Vista 64 bit and am using the latest drivers. I have tried different cables but it doesn't make a difference. Also using the onboard sound (Realtek ALC889A) yields perfect sound from all channels.

If I set the system volume below 85% and increase the speaker volume it sounds crystal clear and i dont get the distorted sound on the front left channel anymore.

Also i dont get this distorted sound on any music files but only some high pitched vocal sound and the other way is to right click on the sound icon on windows vista task bar and click on "playback devices" then right click on "Speakers" and press on "Configure Speakers...", a window will appear then i click on the front left speaker icon for it to play a sound and thats the type of sound that causes the distorted sound and the distorted sound disappears when the system volume is set below 85%.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a problem with the physical card, to me. But, I know little about soundcards, so wait for more responses.

Back