Do I have a temperature problem or not?

JimmiG

2[H]4U
I've been doing some more research, trying to figure out weather I have a problem with my cooling or not.
I'm running an 1800X on the Asus Prime X370 Pro with the latest 0504 BIOS (which increased temps by 20-25C compared to the previous BIOS).

I found this helpful video:

He is also using a Prime X370 Pro with the same 0504 BIOS and a Ryzen 1800X. He's using the H110i GT liquid cooler, I'm using a Phanteks PH-TC14PE air cooler.
He's getting ~62C peak with OCCT, I'm getting 71C.

So I looked for reviewers comparing the H110i GT to air coolers:
www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7320/corsair-hydro-h110i-gtx-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index7.html
My Phanteks cooler is supposed to roughly equal the NH-D14. So according to the overclocked results in that review, if the H110i GT gets 64.25C, the NH-D14 should get 72.5C, an 8.25C difference.

Back to the Overclock3D Ryzen video, the difference between his results with the H110i GT and my Phanteks PH-TC14PE is 9C. This would suggest my temps are normal for my cooler.

However the absolute MAX (tjMAX) temp for the Ryzen is supposed to be 75C. It seems weird that you would get so dangerously close to this in the winter with a relatively high-end cooler. Shouldn't full load temps be closer to 60C at stock?

yes your cooler is prob fine but its too early to tell about the temp accuracy as nothing is reading the temps correctly right now. if its not throttling(75ish) then your good until they get shit sorted.

edit: also, did you really need two thread aboot the same "issue"? you should close one...

Back