Do you run AGP or PCIe?

Dose your power house rig run AGP or PCIe?

• Total voters

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
Dose your power house rig run AGP or PCIe Video? This is not ment to be AGP vs. PCIe. Its just to see what the [H]ard ratio is....

Have fun.

Hmmm, a new SLOT has come APG!!!!!!!!! Hey if a mod wants to fix my stupidity, I meant AGP not APG!

PCI Express 16x

sitting in it is a 6600GT :cool:

but i came up from a agp system, fx5200 so it all works out. got it right when PCIe became avaible.

Nightrain said:
This thread has been done to death, but AGP.

Hmm, I have not seen one yet sorry... But then again i dont read the videocard section much as its filled with ati vs NV flamewars :p

Sadly Im still waiting to get my hands on a PCI-E motherboard... In the mean time Im stuck with 8xAGP :rolleyes:

I(illa Bee said:
Hmm, I have not seen one yet sorry... But then again i dont read the videocard section much as its filled with ati vs NV flamewars :p

How about the search tool?

rfwinters77 said:
I feel like I'm cheating on this poll since my rig is hardly a powerhouse. lol

well is it "your" best computer, then it is your powerhouse hehehe

Just switched over to a PCI-E board...SLI even. Still on a crappy PCI MX420, but ordering a 7800GTX by this month's end. :cool:

...just went from a 6800Ultra OC to an X800XL (both agp) to a 2 7800GTX SLI setup ... yay for cool trade deals with the company you work for ... :)

No, this thread should be restarted at least once a month. Why...because your hardware changes but your ability to change your poll option doesn't.

-tReP

but i still have a couple that are running AGP -- no i don't consider agp to be old hat --but when i build new stuff i get pci-e .

all you agp haters take note--lots of bargin bin stuff in agp and i can't tell a if a agp 6800gt is faster or slower than the same in pci-e --so i say run what you got. :cool:

UltimaParadox said:
6800 Ultra APG... errr AGP :p
Same here! MSI GeForce 6800GT AGP

Some people on this forum said that the AGP version is actually faster than teh PCI-E version!

Is there a strong performance gain moving from agp to pci-e, cause in a week or so im getting my 6800 agp. Was considering switching to pci-e and overhauling my system. But anyways im agp for now

locutus24 said:
Is there a strong performance gain moving from agp to pci-e, cause in a week or so im getting my 6800 agp. Was considering switching to pci-e and overhauling my system. But anyways im agp for now

As of right now, no. Developers have yet to tap into the full potential of AGP 8x, much less PCI-express 16x. This is why there is a <3% difference in performance between AGP 4x and 8x.

Its just that PCI-express is the technology of the future, and PCI-express cards tend to be slightly cheaper than their AGP counterparts, but of course there is the cost of upgrading the motherboard and possibly processor. Also the supplier is forcing the market to adopt PCI-express faster than it should- the high end card for the moment, the 7800, is pci-express only, even if an AGP version will perform just as well, and this trend will continue from here on out. So if you're building a new computer or doing a complete upgrade overhaul, you might as well get PCI-express.

If you're a mid-level gamer, the AGP cards out right now will easily satisfy your needs, and will at least last you until you really need a complete rebuild.

Nakamori said:
Too long to quote you Nakamori
thank you for that info you provided on the AGP against PCI-E, that is what i have been trying to figure out for so long. Well thank you cause now i know whats going on, when i get a 939 setup for sure on pci-e.
(Please im sorry if that was off topic)

Back