Does anyone have Silverstone FT01 pics?

jbz7890

Gawd
I've been searching across the internet for systems that use the FT01 case, but I can't find many. Would anyone who has the case mind posting some pics? I want to see how how a complete system would would inside of it and how the cable management is.

There are a few owners on here, but yeah its hard to find lots of pics. I just picked one up and can post pics tonight. You can hide cables nicely, but there isn't much clearance between the mb tray and the back side panel so it can be hard to put on the side panel closest to the mb tray and get it to line up nicely. The side panels aren't that strong being aluminum so it can bulge out a little bit. Plus there is noise cancelling foam on the side panels so it takes up space too.

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

That was before I put my GTX260 in it.

I think I may take the top hard drive bay out. Have you used your case with the bay still in?

I gotcha. I think I will try taking it. I only have 2 hard drives in there right now anyway.

I've taken the top headdrive tray out, but I think taking out just the plastic holders is enough so I ended up putting it back in. I use the harddrive tray to route the PCIE power cables.

I just got this case yesterday so I'm still working on the cabling, but here's some picks.

FT01_01.jpg

Note the back mess is in the back, but putting the side panel back on is the trick.
FT01_02.jpg

I'm rockin' the Intel 65nm cooler right now. I sold my TRUE a long time ago when I thought I didn't want a desktop anymore. Then I got a CM V8, but didn't like the mounting system, so I'm going to get a TRUE Black like Cablespider.

My main gripe right now with the case is harddrive noise. My video card is also loud, but I want a Accelero Xtreme anyway. I also wish the side doors were thicker aluminum. They don't feel very sturdy.

Really? I didn't think the mounting on my CM V8 was that tough but I am using the i7 so it's kind of different I guess.

I hear you on the cabling in the back though. That's why I'm going murdermod style on my cabling and just making it look good and putting it in sight.

The side panel sure is pain to get back once all the cable is routed in the back. That's my only gripe with the case. They could have easily afforded a bit more space between the tray and panel.

Granted, the PC P&C psu is fit with tons of long cable. This may not be an issue with other supplies especially modulars. For me, it was hell with this particular psu. But I was determined to get it all behind there.

So is it basically impossible to route the ATX cable behind the mobo tray?

Has anyone tried cutting some of the foam to make it work?

Cutting the foam would help, although the foam isn't really all that dense anyway. If you take the side panel off after it sitting there with cables in it, you can see how it's pretty much all the way compressed anyway.

So is it basically impossible to route the ATX cable behind the mobo tray?

Has anyone tried cutting some of the foam to make it work?

Its not impossible just difficult because of spacing. I think if you tape down or somehow secure the cables to the back of the mb tray it will be easier.

Really? I didn't think the mounting on my CM V8 was that tough but I am using the i7 so it's kind of different I guess.

Its not tough, its just a time consuming. Its a design limitation of having such a large square heatsink. You must secure it from the back.The case doesn't have a CPU cut out on the MB tray. So you need to take the motherboard out everytime. On the TRUE I just used a double sided molding tape to secure the backplate to the motherboard and after that I could put the heatsink on and off without take the MB off because the TRUE secures from the front not back like the V8. The i7 and C2D have the same style mounting btw. The i7 brackets are just larger. Its a shame because the V8 is good otherwise and looks cool.

I didn't know if the backplate was your gripe or something. I get what you're saying.

Just bought this case. I will post impressions once I move everything out of my haf i sold. I was going to get the TJ07, GT1000, or a lian li pc80, but I just loved the look of this case and the painted interior. Plus, after having my haf, I just hate the large size of a full tower.

Am getting this case for my i7 build. Here's a cool FT01 I found on the net.

100_1138.jpg

Just moved everything into the FT01. Cable management was pretty tough, and closing the back side door behind the motherboard is EXTREMELY tough. Too tough. I feel Silverstone should have made it easier to close the doors with cable management by leaving more space. Will Post pics tomorrow.

Just moved everything into the FT01. Cable management was pretty tough, and closing the back side door behind the motherboard is EXTREMELY tough. Too tough. I feel Silverstone should have made it easier to close the doors with cable management by leaving more space. Will Post pics tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the pics.

This is my #1 choice for a case for my i7 build that I'm gonna put together in a couple weeks.

I am awaiting the arrival of a Murdermod cable sleeving kit, once it arrives, I will put it all together again and take some real pics of my case :-D

This is really my only beef with the case, but since I don't play around with it that much its not a terrible issue. That and having easier to remove filters for the top and psu (not sure why it doesn't match the easy to remove front filter). I think with thinner and better sound proofed side panels, and a front door this would be sort of a higher end p182. Still as it stands now, its still really quiet and my HD temps and GPU temps (supposedly the worst affected by the internal setup now) are within 2-3C of my bros lian li A70. His is quiet is reasonably quiet now, but he had to 7V fans, remove a few, and play around with settings, whereas I did none of that. Come to think of it I still need to use the black speed reducer on my noctua to see how much of a difference it will make.

Here are the pics (it looks better IRL):

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------
That's about as neat I could make the cables while trying to make the door behind the motherboard attach and close. It was neater initially, but I just couldn't get it to fit.

Also, as you can see, there are scratches on the window. Those scratches are not inside the window, they are behind the window, between the window and the aluminum case, so it is impossible I somehow got it scratched. It came like that from the factory, and I'm guessing the screwed the window down too tightly. I will be contacting SIlverStone about that--pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, as you can see, I was able to fit in a V8 and two GTX 280s in sli without much problem. I removed the top HDD rack, too, which allowed me more space to route cables. The case is a little small, even for a midtower, IMO.

Overall, it is a sexy looking case, but I wish Silverstone could have done more. The PSU dust filter cannot be removed unless the whole PSU is removed, and the top fan's filter is very tough to remove. I also feel the side doors SHOULD have been thicker, they are a bit too thin. There also should be more space between the door and the motherboard tray in order to easily attach the door after routing the cables behind the tray. And I wish the window did not come in scratched. I liked the cooling in the case. Temps are comparable to my old Haf 932, which is a huge plus. Overall though, I like the case, but I think Silverstone could have done a few things to make it perfect. I will probably once again move to a full-tower in a year or so (probably get a TJ07 or corsair case).

Omerta, how is the noise compared to the HAF 932?

It's a good deal quieter than the haf. I think the foam really does make a difference. Honestly, it's pretty damn quiet for an SLI setup. But remember, it's quiet when the gtx280s are not doing anything. But when I game, I ramp up fan speed to 100%, so of course no kind of case will keep them quiet, but the sound from the game overshadows the noise anyway.

Omerta - are you satisfied with your Coolermaster V8? I actually don't like mine too much I will probably be replacing it at some point. First problem I have with it is the speed controller thing could not be disassembled to put it on the PCI bracket (so that I can actually use it... lol) Maybe I'm missing something. Also the fan is really noisy in my opinion. I think I may switch to a Noctua heatsink eventually because of those gripes. Have you experienced that?

Also about the window that sucks about yours. Mine came in perfect condition as far as I can tell, so hopefully they can get you squared away. I hope it's not a widespread issue. I saw a reviewer note that they had tightened the screws too much on his and there were cracks along the screw holes...

Glad I didn't notice that on mine. I'd be pissed too.

The v8 is alright. I shouldve gone with the true black though. I hate that you have to bolt it to the motherboard. I was able to attach the fan controller to the PCI bracket, but it was loose, so I just put the fan controller through the watercooling hole on the ft01. Temps are at about 38c idle on my 920 @ 3.8ghz and over 70c at full load. True is better than that, I believe. And no, I don't mind the noise much because I usually run it at the lowest speed, but it is loud @ higher speeds. Honestly, this is probably my last coolermaster product ever.

I kinda feel you on that. The problem with the TRUE for me is I think that it blocks the first RAM slot which is currently occupied. I'll probably end up buying denser modules at some point, and when I do, get the TRUE, or maybe the Noctua like I said earlier. But I'd also like to keep a fairly high overclock (I had it at 3.8 like you for a while until I bought more RAM modules...)

no problems with my V8 and the fan controller, just need to pull the cap off the controller, slip it into the cover plate (just make sure you slip it in with latch on the bottom so it fits into the cover plate and locks it in)

as far as performance it is doing well, i don't have anything to compare it to, but it has kept my temps at a reasonable level while overclocked so i can't complain

Cool, thanks.

I can't wait til I build my rig in a couple weeks. This case looks so sleek and sexy. :)

I went ahead and removed the upper hard drive cage, and I saw temperature drops of 10C under load in my GTX260. Pretty happy about that. I may go ahead and overclock it some more, since it has so much more airflow now. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but apparently it does. Good stuff.

what are your load temps, according to HW monitor, mine gets up to 77 @ stock speeds on L4D

I have been using Realtemp and Rivatuner, both show the same temp, when folding at 100% usage, it gets up to 64-65C.

That is overclocked at the speeds listed in my sig.

EDIT:

Well now this is weird. Now it seems that it is working a bit warmer, more towards 70-72. Strange that it was low then... maybe it's the ambient temperature working against me. It's warmer now than it was. Who knows.

what's your idle? mine sits at 50, except for that warm day when it ended up closer to 51-52. It looks like my double caviar black 1tb is having a large effect on my temps, even with the upper bay removed.

Back