Does anyone know when the 1TB hitachi will be on the market??

Use the search, this question has been asked... oh a few times now.

I don't see it being answered anywhere.

Only place I find a date is "before april" and it's quite a bit after that point right now.

There are a couple of retailers on Froogle that have the item listed. Not sure if it is in stock though.

Lol.. sorry.. I searched "1TB hitachi" and "7k1000" and didn't get anything that told me when it would be dropping.

Sorry that I didn't search "well enough" for ya'll. Guess I deserve a spanking?

Lol.. sorry.. I searched "1TB hitachi" and "7k1000" and didn't get anything that told me when it would be dropping.

Sorry that I didn't search "well enough" for ya'll. Guess I deserve a spanking?

No. Go sit in the corner! :)

I sure am - have you seen what 750GB 7200.10s are at now? $245.50 at ZZF, for about 32 cents a gig. Not a bad deal at all. The 1TB drives are only really useful if you want huge capacity in a small number of drives.

I sure am - have you seen what 750GB 7200.10s are at now? $245.50 at ZZF, for about 32 cents a gig. Not a bad deal at all. The 1TB drives are only really useful if you want huge capacity in a small number of drives.

Well the Hitachi is also a very fast drive. Its up there with the Raptors.

Well the Hitachi is also a very fast drive. Its up there with the Raptors.

High STR? Yes. Low seek times? No. And in terms of price per GB, it's not nearly as good as the T7K500. That would probably be a better choice for a boot drive or whatnot. My remark was directed more at RAID array builders; capacity per dollar isn't the best on the 1TB drives right now.

Back