Drwatson Error

sparta.rising

Limp Gawd
So I've been getting this strange error. Suddenly programs won't open, and I'll open up task manager (if it opens at all) and there will be 3-20 instances of drwtsn32 running. Now this is normall the post-mortem debugger, its a Windows component, not a virus. I've scanned it for viruses with Kaspersky AV and several online scanners and havent run into anything. It will get to the point where I cant open any program and have to restart.

I actually had a similar problem a few weeks ago and I decided to reformat, yet the problem has come up again, so it must be with some of the software I'm running. But most of it is software I've installed in half a dozen systems before. Or maybe my XP OEM cd is bad?

I'm running a Thinkpad T43 notebook. Intel Pentium M 2.0Ghz, 768MB DDR2-533, 14.1" SXGA+, ATI X300, Wireless B/G, Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, etc.

Any ideas? I'm trying to shut down cut off one program at a time but no luck yet. I do tech support for the University of Illinois and I brough it into the office and no one could find anything obvious. Only recommendation was to uninstall Acrobat, Java VM, and Cisco VPN. Acrobat is still gone and I'm still getting the problem. I had to reinstall Java VM and the Cisco VPN in order to do work

I'm not positive when the program triggers. I first thought it was from .NET framework but I've uninstalled that and still getting the problem. I thought it was related to IE but it seems to have spread.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm assuming you have already run AV and spyware scans with multiple different scanners...

Run a chkdsk /r of you disks to make sure you aren't ahving disk issues. Then I'd run a RAM test.

I think it may be the kapersky AV doing it since it wasn't happening before i installed it. (Same problem your having). I'll figure it out eventually though...

Back