DS3 owners: How do you monitor your chipset temps?

drizzt81

[H]F Junkie
The title should explain it all: what software do you use to monitor chipset temperatures? I tried systool, but failed :(

I havent been able to find any software that can monitor northbridge temps on the DS3, not even the bios has northbridge temperature.

I use Everest, and it lists temps for Motherboard, CPU, Core1, Core2, GPU, and HD. I'm sure there's better programs though.

For north and southbridge temps, most people just stick their finger on top of the heatsink. If it is warm to the touch and u can keep it on there, then good! SAFE temps. Safe temps for northbridge are apparently up to 65-70 degrees celcius although thats quite warm.

For north and southbridge temps, most people just stick their finger on top of the heatsink. If it is warm to the touch and u can keep it on there, then good! SAFE temps. Safe temps for northbridge are apparently up to 65-70 degrees celcius although thats quite warm.

My southbridge heatsink is half covered by the fan shroud on my eVGA 8800 GTS, and the half that I can touch gets burning hot during gaming - I cannot hold my finger on it for more than 5 or 6 seconds. I was told in a thread that I posted asking for cooler options for the southbridge that this is normal, but I still don't feel comfortable with it.

Apparently, my DS3 has trouble detecting my Samsung 500GB hard drive's temperature. Same goes for the NB, but that's already been stated above.

Anyone know why this is? I've tried both Everest Ultimate Edition and Speedfan.

I only run 333 fsb right now and the NB is HOT to the touch. With applied pressure, I could only maybe keep my fingers there for 10-15 seconds. Maybe I should start looking into NB heat sinks.

Back