Dumb question about P180b

I'm not sure it stands for black. I thought they released a "2nd edition" with a few changes: 1 different fan, door made with same material as the rest and no more duct.

P-180b is the "2nd edition" Its black, smaller 120X25 fan for the bottom Cage, vented pci-slots, Stronger door, no duct.

We updated the P180 Silver so that it matches the P180B internally.
When P180B first came out, you could still find both versions of the P180. That shouldn't be the case now (no pun intended).

AntecRep said:
We updated the P180 Silver so that it matches the P180B internally.
When P180B first came out, you could still find both versions of the P180. That shouldn't be the case now (no pun intended).

Hey antecrep, any chance of a dual psu P180 or ever going with a larger tower? I'm dying to know :)

Only thing I dont like about my P180 is the case door falls off when folded towards the case.

Ockie said:
Hey antecrep, any chance of a dual psu P180 or ever going with a larger tower? I'm dying to know :)

Antec P-190. Duel PSU and two 120mm Bowl hole.

I just got mine, and dear sweet jeebus, is it supposed to take that long to get everything sodding installed? Three hours to transfer from case to case and route cables.

Having a PSU thats an inch and a half longer than most makes things VERY amusing.

I found it to be the most difficult 2 hours of my life that i lost. Well the bay slots are hella hard to put in and so is the psu. Am I just giving up or did anyone else consider it a pain, the psu...its a tight fit and whats up with the 2x1 hole for all the psu wires to go through its insane!

Personally, I prefer the P180 rev. 1. The original. It has Significantly more potential for silencing. The new ones have those slot covers which are pre-drilled (more noise), no fan duct (I don't like it either), some other minor changes. That, and a door magnet that would STAY shut. I had to gut my old p180 door for the magnet when I got the new p180 door. it's the way it should be.

Yes, I just got my P180 the other week and I completely agree. I don't even have that much stuff and I have a normal sized PSU as well as not many hard drives and a small 92mm CPU HSF and I still had a hellava time assembling this case. The 5.25" drive bays with the clips are annoying to line up right, not to mention if you use a fan controller like the zalman one that I have that only screws into the front part of the bay and not the back part, you CANT USE IT! Coupled with very little room down below for routing cables so they don't get mutilated by the fan thats 1" away from them and the fact that the place to route the cables goes straight through the center of the case and no room behind the mobo tray make it IMPOSSIBLE to keep the cables out of sight.

Overall the P180 and P180B are good cases because they are quiet, solid and have more than enough room for stuff (other than the PSU). However, its pitfalls sort of over shadow its pluses sometimes. Overall Antec could have done a much better job with this case had they just put stuff in it during testing and realized that it was to small in some places.

Back