dvi

The short answer to your question is no, you cannot use dvi. Most dvi cables carry only the digital signal (These are known as DVI-D), although most dvi outputs on video cards have pins for vga as well (Known as DVI-I). However, I am not aware of cables that have one end vga and the other end dvi-i. In any event it is unlikely your monitor has a dvi-i input. So the short answer to your question, is no you cannot use the dvi port on your monitor, and you certainly cannot use dvi-d. Sorry.

they sell adapter ends to change from DVI to AGP, probably your local compusa or frys, :cool:

they sell adapter ends to change from DVI to AGP, probably your local compusa or frys, :cool:

DVI to AGP, ??? :rolleyes: where are you finding it?

The problem is, he can't connect the Vga (analog) output of is computer to the Dvi (Digital) input of is monitor. There is no cheap adapter that can change Vga to Dvi-D, unless you want to pay 250$ and more. Gefen Vga to Dvi Adapter

s7reetbam, Are you sure your monitor doesn't have Vga input.

hey. i was wondering, if i dont have a dvi input on my intergreated video card, does that mean i cant run dvi with my computer? my monitor has dvi, and my video card is a intel 82865G. basically, does the dvi cable come with one end vga, and the other end dvi?

If it's an integrated video on a VGA port, have it connected VGA to the LCD. If your LCD has a DVI input it should have a VGA input also. But, if DVI is what you desire than get a video card with a DVI interface.

o rly?

The difference between VGA and DVI is minimal. You would be better off spending your money on a better video card.

It is DVI-I to D-sub 15 VGA pure analog cable...

while the DVI input on your is digital only DVI-D, a somewhat security feature to prevent people from plugging-in DVI-I analog cable.

Back