E8400 + 8800GT, which is the bottleneck at 1280x1024?

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Anyways, recently put together the rig in my sig, but unfortunately I'm still stuck with a 19" screen @ 1280x1024. I was wondering which component will bottleneck my performance at that resolution, my 8800GT or E8400? I plan on overclocking once everything settles down, I want to know which one I should OC first to lessen the bottleneck.

Hm. Neither, I would say. I think you just spent a lot of money on hardware that is better than your display.

Yeah sure, probably the processor will bottleneck you... at like 200fps...

Hm. Neither, I would say. I think you just spent a lot of money on hardware that is better than your display.

What he said. (except for Crysis)

FYI I've got an AMD X2 4800+ @ 2.75ghz with an 8800GT and my CPU is my bottleneck. It's holdin' me GT back. :(

Hah yeah, I definitely will be on the look out for a good monitor deal, I didn't really want to jump on all the 22" deals with shitty TN panels. But I do enjoy being able to crank up everything without worrying about FPS (except Crysis).

what worked for me: i think that it's wise to go with a smaller monitor unless you are going to be running sli - it tends to suppress the appetite. I run a 1440x990 19" as compared to some of my earlier builds and it has saved me booku bucks. I have the same proc/vid card set up as you and all games I've tried run awesome (minus crysis lol)

Hell, I've got a 17" inch display and I'm about to put a new rig together with a Q6600, 4GB of DDR667, and the GT in my sig. So I think I might be bottlenecked by my display. :)

I crank up everything with the system in my sig on my 24" LCD at 1920x1200. No problems(aside from crysis)

I don't bother with overclocking either. The performance gains are minor at best and it just creates more heat and risk for your components.

I have a E8400 and 8800GTS (G92) and I haven't had any type of bottlenecking from either one to my knowledge...

Back