EBGames, Florida. Gears of War Related

Syntaxx

[H]ard|Gawd
BEGIN RANT

W E L L ... I CAN NOT FIND GEARS OF WAR IN FLORIDA PERIOD. Eb games that i have a pre-order with said it would be here TODAY 11/8, They tell me that the whole SOUTH EAST SHIPMENT IS STUCK IN MEMPHIS. ok!? i call best buy, they dont have it and dont know when their getting it.. FYE , call them nope dont got it.. Walmart, Nope dont got it!??!

Noone gots it in Florida

FL Sucks, EB Games suck. this whole thing blows the ASS..

IF U GOT SOME STEAM u want to blow off, blow it off here.

Do you live in florida? did u get it? How bout south carolina? I heard ppl their got the same problem? The fact that noones when it will be here, pisses me off the most.

END RANT

I live in FL.

I went to BB.

I saw 50+ copies of GoW.

Target, Gamestop , Rhino games, wal-mart, CC also have stock.

Where in FL , its a huge shitty state?

I live in Palm beach county, SOUTH F'N FLORIDA WE GET EVERYTHING LAST.

where do u live? most likely Gainsville? or North florida? F'n orlando!?!?

You're reply is not helpful in this matter. k thx.

Where in Florida are you Toe ?

With EB games great record on preorders for systems are you really susprised that they fucked up a game preorder?

The real way to look at it is that shit happens. Is it being delayed their fault or it is the shipping company? Calm down and play something elce. Or better yet go to the stores. Chances are if they got the game today the stores inventory system will not show them untill tommorrow.

Wow, you have some serious issues here. You spaz over a game being delayed, what will you do when you get fired? :eek:

On subject, they have it at my EB games. 10min north-ish of Orlando.

that is some serious shit that its in F'n orlando yet they dont have it in palm beach, its only 2hours away W t F.

rememberkids.jpg

Syntaxx said:
that is some serious shit that its in F'n orlando yet they dont have it in palm beach, its only 2hours away W t F.

Move to the bigger city... thats just how things work. NYC before Cortland, Orlando before Palm Beach.

LunaticPuma said:
At least your 360 still works.

Be grateful for little things...seriously....

:(

Yup - my 360 is dead and awaiting repairs so I can't even play the game.
:rolleyes:

Syntaxx said:
BEGIN RANT

W E L L ... I CAN NOT FIND GEARS OF WAR IN FLORIDA PERIOD. Eb games that i have a pre-order with said it would be here TODAY 11/8, They tell me that the whole SOUTH EAST SHIPMENT IS STUCK IN MEMPHIS. ok!? i call best buy, they dont have it and dont know when their getting it.. FYE , call them nope dont got it.. Walmart, Nope dont got it!??!

Noone gots it in Florida

Do you live in florida? did u get it? How bout south carolina? I heard ppl their got the same problem? The fact that noones when it will be here, pisses me off the most.

END RANT

The shipment to some Gamestops and EB's here in San Diego got stuck in Atlanta, not sure if they even got them in yet as I have not gotten a call that it has come in.

I live in Jacksonville, FL and they said that the shipment is delayed but I get 5$ off so I'm not worried I can wait till tomorrow.

Blauman said:
The shipment to some Gamestops and EB's here in San Diego got stuck in Atlanta, not sure if they even got them in yet as I have not gotten a call that it has come in.
I got mine last night. I had the collectors edition, but they didn't get those. So after finding out what it actually contains (stuff I know a ton about anyways), I felt it wasn't worth it and got the regular version.

To the OP, go grab a drink and chill for a sec, or a brown paper bag.

I live in the Northern most area of PA and preordered mine at an EB in the Southern Tier of NY. Went to get it today they said ti would be in tomorrow. canceled the preorder, went to Best Buy and scored a copy. EB told me their shipment was not on time or something. Sounds like an entire EB Games f-up.
Oh yeah they offered me 5 bucks off. I used that to feed my son on some Picnic Pizza before we hit BB. :D

Don't blame FL (I live here too), blame Gamestop or FedEx, or whatever the fuck. I had a fully paid pre-order at Gamestop, when they told me of the shipping problem, I came home, called Best Buy to ask them if they had any copies out of curiosiy. When they told me they did, I hauled ass over there, and there were a couple of copies on the shelf, easy with no hassle. I went to my Gamestop after work, and told them that I'll use my GoW pre-order on CoD 3. So I ended up with GoW and CoD 3 today :)

Walmart in Pensacola has it (CE's too). I wanna bitch at Gamestop.com/UPS myself though. I preordered weeks ahead and my copy is still floating around on a UPS truck in Alabama (by the tracker). Hopefully I'll get it today or tommorow.

Ah well I have CoD3 to hold me till then (which shipped also from gamestop at the same time but I got it yesturday).

im going to call at 11am to see if they got the copy in today which last night they said the copy woudl be in and they would take 5 dollars off the final price of the copy.

I live in Tampa and couldn't find Gears last night either (last night being the 8th)

everywhere i went said they didn't get their shippment

but I did hear from the Target guy that BB had them but i opted to wait and go buy it today

Pensacola, FL here as well. Plenty of copies of the game still around nearly every store. I wasn't expecting our "small" city to have so many copies so fast. The Walmart $389 laptop also amazed me: our Hwy 29 location had 50+ in stock on Sunday. Figured they would have had only 15 or so... :p

finnally GOT MY COPY at my local eb.

Jupiter ,FL Palm beach county ...

also got the game guide cuz im a dork.. thx

Why would someone ever pre-order a game, and pay money to do so. I've never in my life seen a game that was 'sold-out'. If one retailer doesn't have it on launch day, just walk a block down the road, someone else will have it.

Preordering systems is a different story, due to low supply, but I've never seen a 'low-supply' of a game...its not like they run out of CD's or DVD's at the plant...

I live in Florida, did NOT preorder, and had the game before those idiots that preordered it from EB/GS did.

BTW, GOW is just a game,...graphics are great, but gameplay isnt anything to write home about. Its still a shooter.

Syntaxx said:
BEGIN RANT

Noone gots it in Florida

END RANT

Just called up gamestop in tampa. I'm going to pick up a copy when I leave work in half an hour.

H-Money said:
I live in Tampa and couldn't find Gears last night either (last night being the 8th)

everywhere i went said they didn't get their shippment

but I did hear from the Target guy that BB had them but i opted to wait and go buy it today

What part of tampa? Hit up the gamestop on the corner of memorial and hillsborough right next to the starbucks. I just called them and they have copies.

I live 80 miles away from the HQ of both Microsoft and Nintendo of America. And I still get games late sometimes. Relax...

Syntaxx said:
BEGIN RANT

Noone gots it in Florida

END RANT

Preordered mine @ Rhino Video Games off 13th street in Gainesville. Picked it up on the 8th, no problems.

Go hit some of the BFE superstore walmarts... like the one in Starke :D

Doward said:
Preordered mine @ Rhino Video Games off 13th street in Gainesville. Picked it up on the 8th, no problems.

Go hit some of the BFE superstore walmarts... like the one in Starke :D

wow.. there has been an explosion of peopel from Gainesville on this forum... up to now.. it was just me and this other dude....

You're in G'ville too? Ha... Awesome. I take it you are attending UF or SFCC then?

Back