ECS H67H2-I mini-ITX mobo

WhiteFireDragon

Limp Gawd
has anyone heard anything of the availability of the ECS H67H2-I? there are several reviews out 4 months ago since january, but i can't find them sold anywhere. newegg has it listed on their site, but it's deactivated already. has anyone gotten a hold of one yet?

i just bought a gigabyte H67N-USB3, but this board has more features and has a better layout that's more suitable in my specific situation. i'm looking to replace my gigabyte with this ECS, but not sure if the board hasn't even hit the shelves yet, or if it's already discontinued. also, can anyone confirm if it can undervolt? i read every review and they only mention that you can increase the cpu voltage (which is so useless if you can't even overclock the CPU), but no mentions of being able to go below stock voltages.

End of June ETA as per Mousemagician's correspondence with ECS in another thread.. quite a bit of a wait still it seems.

from another thread:

After the recent adding of two Intel 1155 ITX MoBos (one H61 and one H67), it seems that the ECS H67H2-I will be released on June 1st!:)
We are talking about a "Full Monty" H67 platform, with SATA III, USB3.0, full height Mini-PCIe, i7-ready (instead of the Intel H67 that supports up to i5), and hopefully around $100.:eek:
This review from Guru3D is really promising.
Enjoy!

I did email them and jun 1 is what the product manager told me

"Chris,
My earliest release date for this product is now June 1st.

Thanks

Vincent Wu
ECS Elitegroup Inc."

basically the EARLIEST is june1, which mean it can launch even weeks after. i think after launch, it will take newegg another week or so for it to show up on their site and assuming we order right away, it'll take another few days for shipping. gosh this wait is really killing me...

look at the bright side, bu June 1st, new 900 series AMD boards will be out. With a hope in this deep hell, we'll have decent BD compatible mITX boaaaaaa.............................okay, I couldn't even keep on a straight face with what I was saying :p

Honestly, this is a fail by ECS. By 1st we may see some Z68 mITX boards, or atleast some previews about them.
About AM3+ boards with bulldozer, 99% sure that bulldozer will fail, fail as in it will probably be like SB performance wise but with a higher TDP, so kinda a no go for a SFF PC.

i need to update my build, and this thing is taking forever. according to the emails, it would be available june 1, and it is now june 9. why am i not surprised...

WFD,

SuperBiiz finally got these in stock. Decided to go with this one for my smoke/orange build. The price is right compared to the other boards I was looking at. Lots of choices out there...

Click Here

10% off with code: HOTHOTMOBO

I hope it's stable, I was going to go liquid...but decided on 100% passive instead.

Best,

Liquid Cool

gah!! I was able to order one of these direct from ECS last week, but for around $20 more, and Im not sure if its shipped yet, should have waited it out... anyways looks like a great board. and it the mini PCIe is mSATA compatible and will support intel mSATA 310 series ssds

gah!! I was able to order one of these direct from ECS last week, but for around $20 more, and Im not sure if its shipped yet, should have waited it out... anyways looks like a great board. and it the mini PCIe is mSATA compatible and will support intel mSATA 310 series ssds

Oh, well. First jumps hurt after all :p

was able to cancel the direct order, since it hadnt shipped yet, and pick one up through superbiiz, a few bucks cheaper and should be here tuesday!

Lol!!! I guess its now a race to see who submits his writeup first :D

got the board yesterday, so far im really pleased. and it worked right out of the box with my intel mSATA ssd

WFD,

SuperBiiz finally got these in stock. Decided to go with this one for my smoke/orange build. The price is right compared to the other boards I was looking at. Lots of choices out there...

thanks! just saw this thread now and i'm about to grab one. i dont know how u knew as soon as these were available, AND with the coupon code, but you're awesome :D. thanks for the heads up!

btw, for the guys that already got this mobo, is there any options in the bios to lower CPU voltage? i know there's an option to increase the vcore, but i don't think you can take it below stock voltage, can you?

thanks! just saw this thread now and i'm about to grab one. i dont know how u knew as soon as these were available, AND with the coupon code, but you're awesome :D. thanks for the heads up!

btw, for the guys that already got this mobo, is there any options in the bios to lower CPU voltage? i know there's an option to increase the vcore, but i don't think you can take it below stock voltage, can you?

no, sadly. which is a bummer, but I was also told UEFI bios should be on the way, so perhaps they will address these types of changes.

you can undervolt the RAM though, which is nice since mine is a 1.35v kit

no, sadly. which is a bummer, but I was also told UEFI bios should be on the way, so perhaps they will address these types of changes.

you can undervolt the RAM though, which is nice since mine is a 1.35v kit

thanks for answering it, i been waiting months to know this! it makes no sense that ECS would allow overvolting and not undervolting. we can't overclock on this platform, so why bother adding even more voltage to the CPU? instead they should have allowed undervolting since we're stock at stock speed :rolleyes:

I know, its crap man. especially since my 2100t runs stock at 1.1v on my 1156 platform my 530 could run at .9v easy

Bump.

Anyone buy this mobo?

I had it running fine for 2 months, then found out there was a BIOS update. Ran the update, and now W7x64 BSODs on boot.

On the plus side, it looks like they converted to UEFI... :rolleyes:

Well, update...

Apparently the update to UEFI is what fucked me. I'm trying to reinstall W7 and it won't let me, saying "the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

Update 2:

So updating to EFI reset the SATA controller from AHCI mode to IDE mode. Putting it back to AHCI mode saved me from having to reinstall Windows. I went ahead and converted my drive to GPT using a tool called gptgen-1.0, and couldn't boot again. You'll need your Windows disk for this, but you have to boot directly from the drive, but NOT through the UEFI. If you boot through the UEFI, it'll say your Windows disc version doesn't match your installation or something to that effect. Repair it, and you're done.

Anyways, all fixed. Hope it helps someone else who might come across this.

Last edited:
Well, more headaches with this board...

When I boot it, it says system boot failed, but if I target the drive on SATA 0, it'll boot? Means I need to have a USB kybd around to boot this thing.

Also, whenever it goes into suspend, the system clock stops. And when it wakes up, it'll resume from whatever time you turned it off.

Sigh...:mad:

This and does anyone know if you can undervolt the CPU with the newest bios/UEFI? I'd really like to pick up this board :)

The old BIOS was UEFI. The new one just adds graphics and mouse operation. Other than for the IGD, there are practically no overclocking options in the motherboard. The CPU voltage can be increased by 20mV to 320 mV in 20mV steps. But there is no undervolting for the CPU; only the memory can be undervolted.

The old BIOS was UEFI. The new one just adds graphics and mouse operation. Other than for the IGD, there are practically no overclocking options in the motherboard. The CPU voltage can be increased by 20mV to 320 mV in 20mV steps. But there is no undervolting for the CPU; only the memory can be undervolted.

Thank you! I have an i5 2500 (non K) on the way, and while I obviously never intended to overclock, I'm now thinking I may cancel the Mobo order. I know a few boards allow for undervolting, but I wish there was a list somewhere.

Last edited:
Thank you! I have an i5 2500 (non K) on the way, and while I obviously never intended to overclock, I'm now thinking I may cancel the Mobo order. I know a few boards allow for undervolting, but I wish there was a list somewhere.

You're welcome. One thing you can do is download the manuals for various motherboards to see if they support undervolting. Also check out the BIOS updates for each motherboard to see if they added that feature.

I have a big ass HSF on my i3-2105 and ECS and it dead silent and barely tepid. I'm very pleased with the board despite not being able to undervolt.

You're welcome. One thing you can do is download the manuals for various motherboards to see if they support undervolting. Also check out the BIOS updates for each motherboard to see if they added that feature.

I have a big ass HSF on my i3-2105 and ECS and it dead silent and barely tepid. I'm very pleased with the board despite not being able to undervolt.

I don't want a Zotac and most of the other boards don't undervolt either, so I decided to stick with the ECS. Prior to my last post, I downloaded the manual, searched for bios screenshots via google images, and even emailed ECS about undervolting capabilities, but I still would have no idea without your post. Thank you again for the information btw.

What heatsink and case are you using? I ordered a Samuel 17, and while I was hoping a modified TY-140 would fit it, there's no way in hell it will due to the gpu lol. Either way I'm glad I stuck with the ECS. Thanks again!

does prolimatech samuel fit in this motherboard?

It does! :)
I had to rotate it counterclockwise 90 degrees, due to my 560 ti having screws taller than the card's pcb, but it will work both ways with most cards out there.

Last edited:
I don't want a Zotac and most of the other boards don't undervolt either, so I decided to stick with the ECS. Prior to my last post, I downloaded the manual, searched for bios screenshots via google images, and even emailed ECS about undervolting capabilities, but I still would have no idea without your post. Thank you again for the information btw.

What heatsink and case are you using? I ordered a Samuel 17, and while I was hoping a modified TY-140 would fit it, there's no way in hell it will due to the gpu lol. Either way I'm glad I stuck with the ECS. Thanks again!

Let us know if they reply. It would be nice if there was a key combination that unlocked features in the BIOS.

I'm using a Zerotherm CORE92. It's tall, but I took out my case's PSU and installed a Pico PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887023

Back