Elac Debut B4 Bookself Speakers $125 a pair

Nuc_E

[H]F Junkie
B & H

I have the Debut B5's and really like them. The B4s are better than anything you will get at that price, and will definite punch above their class.

They aren't the most efficient speakers, so I would NOT suggest driving them with a low powered Class D desktop amp, they need a little grunt behind them. Also, they have an average impedence of 6 ohms, which shouldn't be a problem for any amp rated for 8 ohms, unless explicitly stated.

Elac

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

The B4s are better speakers in terms of quality than the BS22s and I say this as one that has the BS22s. I might choose the BS22s if the price difference was as great as it was in that review. However, for $13 more, you are getting a superior speaker in the B4.

The B4s are better speakers in terms of quality than the BS22s and I say this as one that has the BS22s. I might choose the BS22s if the price difference was as great as it was in that review. However, for $13 more, you are getting a superior speaker in the B4.

I have no doubt you are right since the elacs are designed by Andrew Jones and he designed the bs22 as well. I am curious though, in your opinion which set has better bass extension? That might be a big deal to someone who doesn't use a sub..

I have no doubt you are right since the elacs are designed by Andrew Jones and he designed the bs22 as well. I am curious though, in your opinion which set has better bass extension? That might be a big deal to someone who doesn't use a sub..

It's probably substantially similar. Both 4" drivers, I'd bet they sound pretty close. Could be wrong though, the BS22 and BS21 are similar at first glance but the 22 is a giant leap ahead.

I have both the BS22 and B6.2 ... now there's a huge difference in bass extension, and also a much bigger difference in price and physical size.

Back