Element Micro?

SeanL9941

Weaksauce
Just wondering if anyone has heard of or bought a computer from Element Micro. I've seen it advertised on the Qmirca website as one of the OEM system builders. The web addy is http://www.elementmicro.com. I actually wanted to know how much sound the system generates as there are no reviews on the case yet and they don't sell the case alone. It seems we're forced into buying one from the OEMs right now :(

PcDLabs, Is selling just the Qmicra for $380, just so you know. At least they were under a week ago.

not anymore, guess we are to late.

what'd you think about the case on pc design lab's site

RadCliffeX said:
to be honest that site looks like a fake, possibly a scam.
lol, not this again.

The company is good. They are working with PC Design Lab to sell Qmicra systems.

You can probably still buyt the stand alone case if you want...just PM PCDLab at PC Design Lab's forums.

As for Element Micro, they have really just started up and are selling the Qmicra because the case is kick ass. Their prices are fairly reasonable. PC Design Lab also sells systems.

The Qmicra is new as well and reviews of the case are not really out yet but SFFTech is doing one that should be out soon. :)

Same for me. Whoever said they are decent priced, their prices are alright, but all their components are too high-end to sell many. They need to make lower-priced versions to target a larger market.

I ordered one about a week ago and just got it! I'd have to say they are pretty nice systems. It's really quiet and CPU runs about 22C on air! Definately happy with my purchase. I ended up getting the Inferno which is the one with the ATI and Physx Card. Not Bad.

I bought one directly from PCDLabs with the first release, and the build quality is great:
shipping01.jpg

shipping02.jpg

shipping04.jpg

shipping05.jpg

unwrapped02.jpg

unwrapped01.jpg

frontfans02.jpg

backgrill01.jpg

From what I can tell it looks like the msi rs482m4-ild motherboard. I'm almost positive. Funny side note. I recieved an email this morning from Element Micro that says they are now only going to use AM2. They said they will no longer use socket 939 and offered to upgrade my system with the componets half off (I assume they mean the cpu, mobo, and memory). I probably won't since I've already spent enough on the system, but thats kinda cool that they would do that. BTW: Havent had any trouble with the mobo.

Just wanted to tell anyone who interested in buying one how it runs. Idle cpu temps are in the 23Cs...and gpu temps stay around 37C (I have the Radeon X1900XTX). Needless to say it is all VERY quiet, I don't think any louder than 28 or 29dB. The room temp is around 71 or 72 degrees (I run a lot of air conditioning :) Pretty good, but pretty expensive too :p

Thats nice...I really want to review a Qmicra just because of the quality of case. The case is made of anodized aluminum...can you tell me if it feels stronger than regular aluminum (as it should)?

I'm not sure what regular aluminum feels like, but I can tell you the case is very rigid. It feels like everything is welded together (of course its not). The panels are really sturdy. Really good case and the cooling is fantastic. Element Micro apparently doesnt use Arctic Silver 5, but some other thermal paste that they say is better.

Hey Runa if you have some free time and wouldn't mind could you post some pics and a bit of a review on your case you got from elementmicro?

well i dont have a digital cam right now, however when i get some free time i can post a review if your interested. I work 40+ hours and have to go to school on top so my time is limited. Anything specific you were interested in?

i've been reading a lot on the pcdesignlabs forum and am very interested in picking up the qmicra case and putting a system together.. so im more so interested in the build quality/cabling layout of the case so i can make a list of what i might need to pick up when i put it together in the next couple months..

as for the working/school stuff i know all to well.. i'm at school mon-fri 8-4 then work mon-wed-fri 5-8 then saturday 8-6.. makes for some long days/weeks

Back