emachine's 68xx still best bang for the buck?

neweggg

n00b
Is the Emachines 6811 notebook still considered the best bang for the buck? It seems like some people here are getting a good deal when they bought the 6805 and the hinge cracked now thier getting a 6810 replacment free. I'm looking for something around $2000 give or take (including extended warranty) that will handle games like Sims 2 for a couple of years...

The Compaq r3000z series seems to rival the eMachines 68xx series. I've been looking at both, trying to pick out a nice laptop. :)

amp said:
The Compaq r3000z series seems to rival the eMachines 68xx series. I've been looking at both, trying to pick out a nice laptop. :)

im looking at both of those as well...the emachine comes with some niftier things, but the compaq allows you to customize, and also get some really good deals....

choices!!!

the vid card on the compaq sucks thats why I went with emachines other wise I would have gone with the hp and had them put a 3700 in it the 64MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 4 440 Go +1394 & 5-in-1 is crap compared to the 64MB ATI Radeon 9600

Phantom said:
the vid card on the compaq sucks thats why I went with emachines other wise I would have gone with the hp and had them put a 3700 in it the 64MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 4 440 Go +1394 & 5-in-1 is crap compared to the 64MB ATI Radeon 9600

it would be nice to upgrade video in the laptops, but none seem to offer it

I said almost all If you go to best buy or circuit city and ask them if they have any that are not on board they will say no unless they carry alienware notebooks can you tell me where you can find one that is not or where I can get a different cardfor one newegg.com dose not have any

BTW I do not know if alienware dose that still I just remember seeing it on there before

well im about a month or so away from getting a laptop, the alienwares look nice but they are pricey and use crappy intel cpu's

the 68XX and the compaq 3000z series use high end amd 64 cpus, and are much more reasonable as far as price...but whats the best GFX set you can get in a loptop?

i found a couple of others, voodoo pc and hypersonic, but they are almost twice as much with/o much more in the way of features. best GFX set I can find is the ATI 9700

If I were you I would wait till october when Emachines will release the new versions of there notebooks so they hopefully will have the 9700 and newer 64s possibly faster HDs but to find out what they have you will have to wait.

The best mobility is the ATI 9800 mobility but Dell has it for the first 90 days before any one else has it so it might be released for others in oct also.

darktiger said:
Emachine Laptops are still pretty good deals, but I perfer Sager Notebooks.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.html

They have pretty good deals, and they are great quality laptops...

oooooo the 4750 series is very nice, and not to expensive either....
so the real question is, is the ati 9800 worth waiting for, or is the 9700 close enough in tech to be happy with it?

What about the Acer AS1662WLMi? For $1200-$1300 i don't see a better laptop at the moment. The big key is the 9700 Radeon...

Im buying this in a couple days...

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology 3.0GHz
Memory: 512MB (256/256)
Storage: 60GB hard drive
Optical: DVD-Dual drive (DVD+/-RW)
Display: TFT Display 15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800)
Graphics: ATI® MOBILITYTM RADEONTM 9700
Connectivity: 802.11b/g WLAN, 10/100LAN, V.92 modem

Back