Emulators

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
Is anybody out there playing or have NES and SNES emulators??
I did search and nothing really came up.

What emulators is everybody using? And where do you get the games?

I've never used any kind of emulator but want to start.

Thanks

Have you tried google? It should be a good place to start.

Oh and just watch where we go with this thread ;)

(Check PM)

snes9x works well for SNES
There are some good NES ones but not too sure about other consoles.

http://www.zophar.net/
This website has all kinds of emulators, not just console. It also has some PD ROMs.
The ones I prefer are
ePSXe for Play Station
ZSNES for Super NES
JNES for NES

Want a true great experience? Play the original consoles, they feel a hell of a lot better than emulators... :D

Finsta said:
Want a true great experience? Play the original consoles, they feel a hell of a lot better than emulators... :D

werd. I'm in the process of starting up a console collection ;)

I wish I could bring my SNES and my Playstation aboard a plane or while I'm at school, but I don't think that'll be possible. In the meantime, I'll just have to stick with a laptop with emus. :D

Zsnes is hands-down the best super nes emulator available. And, like Neghvar said, zophar's domain is a great website for emulation related stuff.

I don't know about "hands-down." It's certainly the fastest. But if you've got the horsepower (which isn't that hard these days), I like Snes9x. I've had better luck with controller compatibility and the interface is better.

Acceptable_Risk said:
I don't know about "hands-down." It's certainly the fastest. But if you've got the horsepower (which isn't that hard these days), I like Snes9x. I've had better luck with controller compatibility and the interface is better.
I doubt snes9x requires that much horsepower, my xbox runs it fine even resizes and adds some AA to the picture.

That's what I mean. It needs more power that ZSNES, but that's still not much. Unless you're running something under 300 MHz, you should have plenty for Snes9x.

i like snes9x for emulation of snes, but if you already own a playstation1, use "bleem", it allows you to play ps1 games on your pc using the actual cd from the ps1 console, and the graphics can be anti-alias'ed so the game looks even better on your pc.
i dont know if there are any more programs like bleem that use other console emulation Like "GAME CUBE", if there are i would also like to know about. :D

I doubt there ever will be PS2 or Xbox PC emulators that play them off the original disks. First a PC DVD ROM drive can't read Xbox DVD because they are in some funky format and secondly, games for both systems are encrypted and I doubt it will ever be broken, the Linux geeks can try all they want but I doubt they will figure it out anytime in the next 20 years.

Staples said:
I doubt there ever will be PS2 or Xbox PC emulators that play them off the original disks. First a PC DVD ROM drive can't read Xbox DVD because they are in some funky format and secondly, games for both systems are encrypted and I doubt it will ever be broken, the Linux geeks can try all they want but I doubt they will figure it out anytime in the next 20 years.

PCSX2 is reading games from the DVD drive.

PCSX2 is still a long way off. Besides, as far as I know PS2 media can be read by PC DVD drives.

Staples said:

As I stated in another thread, its only a matter of time before a full emulator is complete and a firmware and/or software, like alcohol 120%, is updated so that CD/DVD drives know how to read those discs. As for the encryption, there is no such thing as a perfect encryption scheme. It will eventually be broken. Then they'll be back to square one.

I use to run an Emulation site so I have an entire 200GB HD dedicated to emulation. ;)

For Snes I use Snes9x and for NES I use RockNES. Both are great.

Other ones I use are, MAME32, Project 64, Nebula and Zinc!

Alot of companies thought they had perfect encryption......
Some were "owned by the shift key"

Try 1964, it's better than Project64 IMO. Also, PS2 emulators can read right from the disc now, they're just not advanced to play much! Check out PCSX2.

Finsta said:

Our you could wire up an SNES controller to your printer port like i did :) I was even able to get a multi-tap working correctly :)

But yeah, you're right. The original console is the way to go regardless :)

Back