Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W power supply for $229AR @ Zipzoomfly

sn_85

[H]ard|Gawd
^^^good review indeed, especially from a tough reviewer

jonnyGURU.com said:
Summary
Enermax took what was already a spectacular platform and made it more spectacular with the Evo Galaxy 1250W. This will be the only model in this line to be sold in North America, as Enermax intends it to be the top end to the Revolution 85+ line on this continent. While the efficiency on this unit isn't quite as good, at up to 89% it's not really worth complaining about. Especially in something this powerful. If you want efficiency and don't need 104A of 12V capacity, there's always the Revolution 85+ models.

The Good:
very efficient
very good at ripple suppression
102A 12V load makes it yawn
good looking
lots of PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors

The Bad:
there's a bad side?

unfortunately i don't see needing this much power anytime soon (in my case).

Nice deal, but yea... I just bought a 850 Corsair for ~$160 AC... and it'll be enough for any system with 2 cards in SLI (which is the most I ever plan to have) and never more than 4 HDD's realistically...

Nice deal, but yea... I just bought a 850 Corsair for ~$160 AC... and it'll be enough for any system with 2 cards in SLI (which is the most I ever plan to have) and never more than 4 HDD's realistically...

hmm...how did you get the corsair hx850 for $160?

This is pretty much the best PSU you can buy right now, and for this price it's a steal if you're running a high-powered rig.

Where the hell was this deal a week ago. I had to pay $20 more through newegg. oh well, was an emergency

Just for anyone else considering purchasing the HX850 I would pay a little more and get the Enermax Galaxy 1250w while you can have it for $199.99 if you're planning to run an overclocked i7 rig with SLI or Crossfire. The HX850 at TigerDirect will come out to around $161.50 after Bing cashback plus $1.99 shipping which makes it only a $36.50 difference. Most power supplies run at their best when under 50-60% load and it wouldn't be hard to get to 425-510w with a high-end multi GPU system.

Last edited:
My buddy just got da PC PWR N COOLING 850 watt from tiger direct @ 219 with 15% cash back wat u guys think? He is getting an I7 core 920 & gonna wait for ATI 5000 series card...

My buddy just got da PC PWR N COOLING 850 watt from tiger direct @ 219 with 15% cash back wat u guys think? He is getting an I7 core 920 & gonna wait for ATI 5000 series card...
Good PSU, but a little outdated. Also quite loud.

So wait. The enermax revolution 85 is going to be discontinued? I dont follow the johnny guru thing. Also, for anyone wondering, i'm running a revolution 85 with tri-sli, 2 waterpumps, 16 120mm fans, and an I7 at 4.2ghz, so even the 1050 is more than enough power for 99% of builds.

NM read the full article. Its bigger, but less efficient.

So wait. The enermax revolution 85 is going to be discontinued? I dont follow the johnny guru thing. Also, for anyone wondering, i'm running a revolution 85 with tri-sli, 2 waterpumps, 16 120mm fans, and an I7 at 4.2ghz, so even the 1050 is more than enough power for 99% of builds.

NM read the full article. Its bigger, but less efficient.

lol They re badged the revolution 85+ to bronze certification instead of silver.

Where the hell was this deal a week ago. I had to pay $20 more through newegg. oh well, was an emergency

What to know the bad news? This price has been there for about 1.5 weeks and I know for a fact they had them in stock a week ago as I was looking at the 1050 85+ ($10 cheaper AR) at the same time.

Back