Epic 2410 fail, need suggestions!

catmug

Weaksauce
Ok guys,

Just purchased a Dell u2410. I'm very dissatisfied with the panel, as the bottom left corner to just right of center has very bad "burn" tinting. It's as if those pixels can't show true white. Which sucks, because I love absolutely everything else about the panel!

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a new monitor. I don't want to go with anything that has the LG IPS panel, because they can't seem to do anything right. So, with that in mind, here are my needs:

- At least 24". I really like this size, but would love to go larger
- I use the monitor primarily for media, which includes photo and video editing. I'm not a FREAK about color like some people, and I plan to purchase a calibration unit.
- I like to game, so lower input lag would be nice, but to be honest, I can't tell that there is any lag on my u2410, so take that as you will. I'm pretty easy to please
- I don't really care if the panel is TN. PVA., IPS etc. I just want the best screen out there that ISNT a dell 2410, or any other LG IPS.
- Would like 1900x1200 res. Any higher, and my 5850 wont cut it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Just for shits and giggles, here is my system. Keep in mind I will be gaming at 1900x1200

- ATI 5850
- Core2 e6750 @ 3.2
- 4GB DDR2
-520W corsair

catmug

Have you done an RMA exchange? Those things come with a three year warrenty you know.

I thought about it, but the U2410 thread on this forum just looks...bad. It looks like I don't have a chance in hell to get a good monitor. Anyone with a u2410 want to come on here and tell me differently?

How about the 2709W? It's on sale for $769 (you can probably talk them down lower though, I managed $690 shipped w/sales tax), it's a S-PVA panel with fast pixel response, almost un-noticeable ghosting and overdrive artifacts, little to no black crush, acceptable input lag (~30-45ms which is excellent for a *VA), and outstanding contrast ratios & good panel uniformity. Supposedly revision A04 reduces input lag even more, but that's unconfirmed. For an S-PVA, it's as good as it gets.

After looking at the U2410, Planar PX2611w, HP LP2475w, Samsung Syncmaster 275T, and the 2709W, it's the best compromise overall for size/price/performance. And NO overzealous AG coating, either.

Maybe you are getting magnetic distortion from another device.

isn't magnetic distortion more of a problem with CRTs? i'm not saying you're wrong, i just wasn't aware of that with LCDs, and no, i'm not going to try it on my own monitor to find out :p

My u2410 had no noticable tint to me. But it is a common problem with all IPS panels. The HP lp2475w, the dell u2410 and 2209wa and the Nec ea231wmi all have tint problems. Even the new 27" imac has issues. The new u2711 will probably have issues as well.
I would say just do any exchange till you get a panel you are happy with. Within the first 21 days they should send you a new panel and not a refurbished one. I would try that but that just me.

Back