Err. Change of plans. $400 upgrade.. What should I do?

Drakan290

2[H]4U
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

Gaming (BF3 coming up soon!), Web Browsing, light Virtual stuff (mostly hobbyist)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

$400 shipped
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

APO AE
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

I have a full desktop. I am looking for the best parts I can get with the money that I have.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

What I have now...
AMD Phenom II 940 BE (Was running at 4ghz OC stable)
4 gigs of Corsair Ballistix LED RAM
Crossfire XFX 4850's (2 of them)
WD6400AAKS
Corsair TX650 (Original?)
Antec 900 (Original?)
Cooler Master v8 HSF
DVD Burner of some sort
I forget the model of the mobo, but it was the top rated 790FX board when the Phenom II's were about two months old. Had all the OC features I could want, was ATX, solid capacitors, I honestly don't remember. It was a crossfire only board, however.

6) Will you be overclocking?

Yes, as much as possible!
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?

32" 720p LCD Screen/1080p side screen that I rarely use
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

It's being shipped to me next week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.

I have a decent mobo already, but it's honestly slipping my mind as to the name of it.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Win 7 Pro 64bit 1 install left.

Long story short, I was kicking myself over giving away my gaming desktop to my mother after I left for basic training about a year and a half ago. It was my pride and joy, and I loved it. They are now moving and can't take the desktop/want to give it to me, so I am looking for advice on how to update my pride and joy into the modern age ;)

This computer was absolutely rock solid while I had it, and I imagine that it will continue to be good for a while. From the research I have done, I figure I should go with a vid card update, SSD and a memory upgrade, the problem is, my 940 only supports DDR2.

I have no problems investing in this as if it is a last upgrade. I plan on buying a new computer in about a year or year and a half that will have all the trimmings. I am deploying next summer and when I get back, am going to get a new computer. This has just gotta get me to that deployment in style, and hopefully hours of BF3 enjoyment.

If you're just planning on gaming mostly on that 720P monitor, I'd go with the HD 6870 1GB. Should be faster than HD 4850 1GB Crossfire. I recommend this XFX HD 6870:
$180 - XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB PCI-E Video Card

SSD wise, I recommend this:
$110 - Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SSD

RAM wise, try to buy the RAM used.

Back