Ever heard of a sound card frying a microphone?

Misadventure

Limp Gawd
I swear to god this sound card is frying any mic I put into it. I had an old headset that I used for a few days before the mic died. I bought a brand new pair of Audio 90's, they worked for about 3 days then died. Only the mic stops working. I've tested them on 2 other PC's and all I get is pure feedback through the mic.

wtf gives?

Since the search feature is not working, you'd find that the mic on the A90's die REALLY quick, has nothing to do with a sound card frying it, it's just poor build quality. Several of us here have gone through many before ditching them and getting a better headset.

Hmm, that's interesting. Are they subtle to physical damage? Say, dropping it a few times? Maybe a family member knocked it off my desk or something. But I swear, after popping several mics into that mic jack and having them come out not working.. ;)

Hrm. Very intesting to be honest. I'm just skeptical of that mic jack. I'll try returning them and see what happens. The headphones seem to work just fine still. It's just that damn mic!

Thanks for the help, I'll exchange them and see what's up with 'em.

Back