Everex StepNote XT5000T 17" Notebook PC $699 No Rebate

Deal is now back on at $100 off regular price at $799, still a damn fine deal....I love mine, posting on it as we speak :cool:

OP's link has been updated

Thanks, Major. Glad to hear folks are getting a second, slightly less awesome, but still a second chance at the deal I posted last week.
And for the record, hot damn is this thing awesome at any price just about. Do yourself a favor, and score another gig of memory from one of the other hot deals, and a 7200RPM SATA 2.5", install XP, prepare to rock the hell out.
Runs C&C 3 Kane Edition quite awesome at max detail, 1280x800.

Why did you have to make this thread? It is just making me mad I missed the first deal. :(

Deal is now back on at $100 off regular price at $799, still a damn fine deal....I love mine, posting on it as we speak :cool:

OP's link has been updated

upgrades i will get for laptop:

2 of these. yeah refurb, but i've had luck with seagate refurbs in the past :). 100 gig 7200 rpm drives (2) $126 total

2 gigs of this :) ddr2 667 $100 total

definitely need a mouse $35 bucks

Backpack of course :) $55 from the 'egg

$316 total. hopefully i can sell the current gig of ram in my laptop plus the harddrive, to help me get those totals down to $216 :). i can't wait! :)

i love using xp on this thing! :D

upgrades i will get for laptop:

2 of these. yeah refurb, but i've had luck with seagate refurbs in the past :). 100 gig 7200 rpm drives (2) $126 total

2 gigs of this :) ddr2 667 $100 total

definitely need a mouse $35 bucks

Backpack of course :) $55 from the 'egg

$316 total. hopefully i can sell the current gig of ram in my laptop plus the harddrive, to help me get those totals down to $216 :). i can't wait! :)

i love using xp on this thing! :D

HD's are sold out :( - do the refurbs carry warrenty?
im deff gettin that mouse, and im already rockin 2 gigs o ram :D

HD's are sold out :( - do the refurbs carry warrenty?
im deff gettin that mouse, and im already rockin 2 gigs o ram :D

well i bought 1 400gig seagate refurb sata, and it had a 5 year warranty. dunno if that varies or not.

i'm hoping it will be back in stock by next week when i get paid again :)

If any of you were waiting, now is a good time....after tax season I am going for a matched set 2 gig memory upgrade and another HDD or a match set 7200's when they release the RAID drivers. Base unit is killer just as it is. :cool:

This is a very warm-hot deal on a computer desktop replacement laptop - however I would not take it to class to write notes on.

If any of you are even thinking about this box go over to the Moble Computing forum and take a look. We have a pretty big thread there about this box, the pros and cons of it.

Over all I'd say everyone who got one is still kinda stunned they got such a great machine for such a cheap price.

T

Definately not something you'll want to lug around everywhere. However, for the little bit of traveling I do, its nice to have a computer that I can setup wherever I am staying that will do a bit of gaming. I'd buy another in an instant, if I could find something to do with it. :)

I bought 2. One for me, and one for my girlfriend. Well, she's paying for it, but I ordered it.
Sounds great. I've waited a long time to get a laptop.

I didn't know Everex was still around. I had an Everex 386 wayyy back. The specs look good for the price, but I'm looking for something smaller and lighter.
* AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
(1.6GHz) (512MB L2 Cache)
* 1024MB DDR2 System Memory
* 100GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
* 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
* 17.0" WXGA DiamondBrite TFT Widescreen Display (1440x900)
* NVIDEA® GeForce® Go 7600 Graphics (Discrete 256MB)
* Atheros AR5005G 802.11b/g WLAN
* Windows® Vista Home Premium OS
* 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty

It all looks good except I've never heard of that video card manufacturer. :D

Back down in price? Time to bite. Anyone know any online coupons to knock any more off? =)

I hate you guys... grrr... I must resist.

I'm with you Ockie. I hated everyone for bringing up that I missed the first deal and I hate everyone for pointing out the deal came back. I am 750 poorer now. Thanks OP and everyone else. Sure I will be thrilled when it comes.

Well I bit,

I reviewed the order carefully before I submitted, However for some reason My reciept shows 2. and that I was charged for both, but only paid tax on 1.

Called Office Max and their system is down... Yey

I have to step up and say.. yup got 2 as well.. 1 for me 1 for my girlfriends birthday today.. (the 13th)... let's just say it was WELL received when I gave it to her last night....

You honestly can't go wrong on these things, of all the ones I've seen purchased both at work (12), friends (7), and on the boards here (30+?) I only know about 1 that had any problem and office max came to his house and replaced it....

They have 24 hour tech support as well...

T

This seems really nice, except one thing, the battery life

Anyone know of a larger battery for this, and ifso, how much itll extend it to?

I am so glad it came back. I wasn't able to to get on this the first time unfortunately. I am happy it came around again sweetness!

Just ordered 1. Was pissed I missed it last time and am very glad it came back. Didn't have any messages about backorders when I checked out.

I stopped by a local OfficeMax and while they didn't have any in the store, the salesman checked online and there were 317 laptops in the warehouse for sale.

This was at about 2pm, PST, April 13, 2007

Back orders are regional. Office Max has warehouses all over. When you enter your zip it checks your local warehouse. If they are out locally its backordered and they need to get it from another location. So one guy might have 500 locally and another has none...

Good luck in getting one! My girlfriend and I love ours we are sitting side by side on the couch gaming (we each have our own)

T

Still alive.

Here's a code for $30 off $200 for anyone who is looking to buy one.

WDY57M52K7F3FN40C

Ordered mine Friday night (around 7pm) and got it yesterday! I should have posted yesterday, but was too busy playing with the new toy.

Ordered it! thanks, couldn't get 30 coupon to work, there were no slots to insert coupons.

Anyone else bite on the 3 year warranty?

Hey, I placed my order last friday, and forgot to apply the $30 off coupon.

I called up Officemax to see if they would credit me back and the customer service is refusing to do so, stating that the coupon would not work, despite the fact that it can be entered.

I went up 3 levels of management and I mentioned that others were able to get the $30 off. Finally, she agreed to let me have $30 credit if I could tell her some order numbers where it actually went through.

If there is anybody here who had the order processed with the $30 off coupon, could you please pm me your order number so that I can take it up with the Customer service manager and receive $30 off?

I'd really appreciate it.

I might grab one for my wife and one for me.

Anyone know how hard it is to get a windows refund from Everex?

Rob

Grabbed 2.

Also grabbed 2 * 160GB 2.5 sata ($105 ea at egg, free shipping) drives for my wife (I will take her 100 to run raid1 after I move her OS to the 160).
Also grabbed 1 * 2GB ddr2-667 memory from newegg ($220) (I will give her my 1G)

This is a very warm-hot deal on a computer desktop replacement laptop - however I would not take it to class to write notes on.
Heh, that's exactly what I do with mine (I got in on the first deal). I picked up that backpack mentioned earlier and it's an awesome machine to have around for my Maya/3DStudio class :D

Granted, if all you were going to use it for at school was Microsoft Word, it is a little much.

Anyone know how hard it is to get a windows refund from Everex?

According to the Microsoft EULA if you do not agree with it then you are entitled to a refund. I'm not so sure who to ask for the refund from though - Everex or Officemax? I have an Academic copy of Windows XP Pro that I would be installing on my laptop when it arrives, so no need for Vista.

Back