Everex XT5000T Support thread

LegendKiller said:
No matter what I do, even if it's 1mhz over, I can't get the vid card to take an OC through the Nvidia control panel with nTune installed.

Could somebody who has gotten it to work post the exact versions they are using?

Has anybody gotten the CPU to OC yet?

AthlonAlien said:
Man, I am having the EXACT same problem. Running Vista with the newest nTune (5.05 I think)... it will fail even at 1 MHz above stock AND when you do an Optimal Test it will drop the speed from factory 450MHz to 427MHz!!! The card is not hot at all... I think there is some software glitch here?

Hi guys,
I am running VIsta on standard drivers from Everex website and nTune 5.05.25 and had no problems with overclocking the card all the way to 512/493. I remember having to tell it to run as administrator, though !
Not sure how much help I am, but at least you know it works for some.

Has anyone tried both Vista and XP 32-bit and made a comparison? I was wondering if Vista ate a suffiecient amount of the system resourses on this machine. I reformatted the laptop as soon as I got it and put XP x64 on it. The drivers for x64 in this thread and others I've found seem a little buggy. Is it more optimized on Vista?

Has anyone tried both Vista and XP 32-bit and made a comparison? I was wondering if Vista ate a suffiecient amount of the system resourses on this machine. I reformatted the laptop as soon as I got it and put XP x64 on it. The drivers for x64 in this thread and others I've found seem a little buggy. Is it more optimized on Vista?

I've run it with Vista (Resource pig) and am currently running XP 64 and XP 32bit in dual boot. So far the best experience is hands down XP 32 bit. Under Vista my gaming performance was just *horrible*.

DragonMasterAlex said:
I've run it with Vista (Resource pig) and am currently running XP 64 and XP 32bit in dual boot. So far the best experience is hands down XP 32 bit. Under Vista my gaming performance was just *horrible*.

I am gaming on Vista and I would not call the performance horrible, but I bet on XP I would see a framerate increase or it would be possible to actually run games with better settings. My new desktop also runs Vista (Home Basic), but I can game anything with top settings thanks to my 7900GS. Also I have 2gHz X2 and 7200rpm HDD in it, which helps. I bet that when I actually put the fast drive in the laptop and put XP Pro I will see increase in performance.

No matter what I do, even if it's 1mhz over, I can't get the vid card to take an OC through the Nvidia control panel with nTune installed.

Could somebody who has gotten it to work post the exact versions they are using?

Has anybody gotten the CPU to OC yet?

I don't use nTune. That program doesn't work for crap for me.

I enabled Coolbits via the registry. Then overclocked from the Nvidia control panel.

I'm using XP (32 bit) by the way.

I installed a second 1GB memory chip the very moment my laptop arrived. So my comparison of the two was with 2GB of total memory.

Vista ran very well. My 3DMark06 benchmarks were identical on both Vista and XP. Main reason for going to XP is some of my applications don't work in Vista.

I'm posting this for my friend: Is there a button to turn on or off the wireless connection? His laptop cannot see his wireless connection despite him placing the laptop right next to it. Is this a just connection problem with the Atheros card people have been talking about or did he not turn on the wireless card?

I'd help him but I'm at school now. My friend just got the laptop today.

I'm posting this for my friend: Is there a button to turn on or off the wireless connection? His laptop cannot see his wireless connection despite him placing the laptop right next to it. Is this a just connection problem with the Atheros card people have been talking about or did he not turn on the wireless card?

I'd help him but I'm at school now. My friend just got the laptop today.

There is a slider switch on the front of the laptop, just left of the audio ports.

cpu 72
gpu 71
harddrive:33

these okay temps after exiting stalker?

game runs good on 1024x768 with 2 gigs ram on medium :D

2 gigs of ram = teh sweet ;)

Thinking of getting a 3rd stick of ram for 3gb, bad idea?

yes. laptop only has 2 slots ;). you'd have to get 2 2gb sticks for the max mem :D

ps i'm sending the ram tmw. i was at training all day and they wouldn't let me out early even though the end of hte training didn't apply to me :(

Was looking at the picture that was posted earlier showing all the motherboard components... It says "Bluetooth" optional .. Is it possible to put some type of internal bluetooth card rather than using a USB one? Thanks

the everest program from oldversion.com i think thats the site :D

which version did u use it that works for vista ?

Everest Home Edition 1.10 (2.6 MB)
Everest Home Edition 1.51 (3.0 MB)
Everest Home Edition 2.01 (2.8 MB)
Everest Home Edition 2.20.405 (4.0 MB)

thanks a lot.

phatbx133

which version did u use it that works for vista ?

Everest Home Edition 1.10 (2.6 MB)
Everest Home Edition 1.51 (3.0 MB)
Everest Home Edition 2.01 (2.8 MB)
Everest Home Edition 2.20.405 (4.0 MB)

thanks a lot.

phatbx133

LOL. i am running xp. sorry :(

bahh only 2 slots hehe. It can hold up to 4gb though am I right?

Why dont companies like this sell laptops that are fully upgradeable?...there'd be a huge market for that. Essentially turn laptops into PC's. Replacing motherboards, processors, everything!

bahh only 2 slots hehe. It can hold up to 4gb though am I right?

Why dont companies like this sell laptops that are fully upgradeable?...there'd be a huge market for that. Essentially turn laptops into PC's. Replacing motherboards, processors, everything!

cause they make more making u buy a whole new laptop ;)

LOL. i am running xp. sorry :(

When you installed XP, did you have to create an XP Install CD with integrated chipset or SATA drivers, or did the standard XP w/SP2 bootable cd work and then you just installed chipset and sata drivers later?

When you installed XP, did you have to create an XP Install CD with integrated chipset or SATA drivers, or did the standard XP w/SP2 bootable cd work and then you just installed chipset and sata drivers later?

just a xp sp2 bootable cd. you only need the sata driver for raid i believe. :). i did keep 2 46 gig partitions, and deleted that pesky 5 gb one in the windows setup. that way if i ever need to format, i can save my stuff on the second partition, and its already there, so i didn't have to work hard to make it :D

just a xp sp2 bootable cd. you only need the sata driver for raid i believe. :). i did keep 2 46 gig partitions, and deleted that pesky 5 gb one in the windows setup. that way if i ever need to format, i can save my stuff on the second partition, and its already there, so i didn't have to work hard to make it :D

k thx much for the quick reply

Wow, for nearly a month now I've been looking for an AutoDesk Inventor-capable laptop for ~$1100 to supplement my 12" Powerbook G4. Now I've gone completely under my budget by $400. I'm totally ecstatic... ordered myself a Sony DSC-T10 since I had money left over :D Can't wait for both to arrive later this week.

I've not tried Vanguard yet, but in both WoW and EQ1 and EQ2 you can pretty much turn every single graphic FX on with zero slow down... I keep TRYING to slow the frame rate by turning stuff on... no luck yet...

I'm on Vista and am having no problems gaming with it...

T

I am considering getting this for using with autocad, softimage, 3ds max and some other graphics apps. Do you think this will fit the bill? I am a little worried that the wxga+ screen 1440*900 will be too cramped (would prefer wsxga or wuxga resolution).

I am also wondering if I should get the 3 year warranty with accidental damage for $200 extra? Is anyone else buying the extended warranty?

comments appreciated

Thanks!

I am considering getting this for using with autocad, softimage, 3ds max and some other graphics apps. Do you think this will fit the bill? I am a little worried that the wxga+ screen 1440*900 will be too cramped (would prefer wsxga or wuxga resolution).

I am also wondering if I should get the 3 year warranty with accidental damage for $200 extra? Is anyone else buying the extended warranty?

comments appreciated

Thanks!

you can't go wrong with Nvidia 7600 go 256MB come with xt5000t what do you think ? do you want buy laptop come with intergated junk video card ? this everex laptop should fit your needs.

phatbx133

Just FYI, guys.....

I just installed WinXP Pro sp2 32-bit, and the Atheros card was not detecting any networks.
I tried both the driver from the Atheros site and the Everex site, and the card was acting as if the radio signal was off. The switch on the front of the laptop was on, and the driver from the Everex site installed propertly.
I did notice that the Atheros driver did not install properly, so I then let the computer connect to the internet to find an updated driver by plugging in an ethernet cord.

Surprisingly, it worked. Generally, the windows driver wizard does not have the newest versions and hasn't really ever worked for me in the past, but it did work this time.

So if you have any problems getting your Atheros card working under WinXP, you could try what I did.

Anybody have any ideas on the optional bluetooth module (ie:what type of card/connector) that is shown in the pdf I posted a couple of days ago.

Ravynmagi do you remember when you took yours apart seeing any type of connector in the area that the Everex pdf shows for the optional bluetooth module? I really cannot tell from the pictures you posted. ( you sir are a brave man, congrats)

Has anybody else noticed that the Fujitsu Amilo Xa1526 states in their specs that it only supports 2gb ram vs the Everex at 4gb. Seeing as to how these are basically identical machines that use the same motherboard I'm wondering why the difference.

On another note was looking a little closer at the Amilo Xi series which are also 17 in machines, the keyboards appear to be a more standard layout and also include the number pad. It is hard judging from pictures and even though the Xa & Xi use a different chasiss the size of the keyboards look to be either identical or close in size. Might be a substitute for the keyboards in the x5000xt.

Andy

What is a good temperature monitor to use for this laptop that you have tried? Someone suggested motherboardmonitor but I can't get any readings off it. I assume it is because I cannot find the motherboard listed in the config wizard.

Mine seems to be running kind of hot and just wanted to monitor it.

Thanks

has anyone had a problem with their wireless card not working properly? mine will work fine, and then I go to sleep and when i wake up and wake the computer up, it won't connect to the wireless internet, even though it shows 3-4 different connections available with good signal strength including the one i was previously on. the last time this happened to me I shut the computer down for several hours and then when I used it again it worked fine, but I tried shutting down, restarting, disabling/re-enabling the wireless card and it still doesn't work and I'm currently just using the lan port. Anybody know a fix to this problem? thanks.

Anybody have any luck getting a refund for Vista?

I called Everex and they said I had to get it from OfficeMax. I called OfficeMax and they said I had to get it from Everex. I called Windows customer service and they're closed on weekends. Runaround city!

Also, I asked Everex customer service about getting a higher capacity battery. They said the 6-cell that ships in the XT5000T is the highest capacity battery they make. Boo!

Anybody have any luck getting a refund for Vista?

I called Everex and they said I had to get it from OfficeMax. I called OfficeMax and they said I had to get it from Everex. I called Windows customer service and they're closed on weekends. Runaround city!

Also, I asked Everex customer service about getting a higher capacity battery. They said the 6-cell that ships in the XT5000T is the highest capacity battery they make. Boo!

windows said they don't do refunds for preinstalled o/s's. out of luck there buddy

Wonder if Everex willing give out Win Xp Pro recovery DVD for free if owners don't like Vista, try email them to see if they can do anyway, Dell listen what users want and did returned XP favor over Vista.

ps I have no plm with Vista since I don't have many devices. my HTC wizard tmo mda works great with vista right off the bat...not like XP with active sync act weird all the times.

Phatbx133

Ordered mine through officemax.com on wed about 4pm. Got it thurs about 4pm. it was basically just the laptop box thrown into another box that was only half taped but oh well all was good.

bought 2gb (2x 1gb) from my local frys for $114. patriot psd22g533sk 2 piece kit. 10 minutes after i got my hands on the notebook i was running 2gb.

messed agetround with vista for a day before installing xp home. bout 4 hours worth of patching (!!!???) later i think im ok. getting the wlan up and running was the hardest part. my $10 wireless usb modem saved my ass.

one thing i cannot for the life of me figure out. well, two. i can't get coolbits going at all. no option to overlclock whatsoever that i can find. also, and this is the worste part, my display is locked at 60hz refresh and there isnt a damn thing i can do about it. ive tried about a dozen adapter drivers, monitor drivers, etc and it still pops up as "generic pnp monitor" with 60hz being the only refresh option. im coming from a syncmaster 997df 19" @100hz (awesome, awesome) that i love and i actually think it looks better than this widescreen. i know its all do to the low refresh, because this thing hurts my eyes after about 20 minutes.

what can i do? couldnt get it working in vista (my only complaint really. its why i tried out xp otherwise i thought vista wasnt too bad) and i cant get better display options in xp. is this thing locked at 60hz?

pretty sweet deal for a first lap. ran wow maxed out 100% with clipping probs (60hz!!!???!?). ran warhammer moc on medium smooth. maxed out it chugged a bit when zooming.

thumbs up.

Back