Everex XT5000T Support thread

Anybody have any ideas on the optional bluetooth module (ie:what type of card/connector) that is shown in the pdf I posted a couple of days ago.

Ravynmagi do you remember when you took yours apart seeing any type of connector in the area that the Everex pdf shows for the optional bluetooth module? I really cannot tell from the pictures you posted. ( you sir are a brave man, congrats)

Has anybody else noticed that the Fujitsu Amilo Xa1526 states in their specs that it only supports 2gb ram vs the Everex at 4gb. Seeing as to how these are basically identical machines that use the same motherboard I'm wondering why the difference.

On another note was looking a little closer at the Amilo Xi series which are also 17 in machines, the keyboards appear to be a more standard layout and also include the number pad. It is hard judging from pictures and even though the Xa & Xi use a different chasiss the size of the keyboards look to be either identical or close in size. Might be a substitute for the keyboards in the x5000xt.

Andy

There is an empty spot next to the touch pad connector labeled CN8. This is close to where the bluetooth connection would be. Looks like the connector needed for the optional bluetooth device is not soldered onto this board. There are no other unused connectors on this board.

also, and this is the worste part, my display is locked at 60hz refresh and there isnt a damn thing i can do about it. ive tried about a dozen adapter drivers, monitor drivers, etc and it still pops up as "generic pnp monitor" with 60hz being the only refresh option. im coming from a syncmaster 997df 19" @100hz (awesome, awesome) that i love and i actually think it looks better than this widescreen. i know its all do to the low refresh, because this thing hurts my eyes after about 20 minutes.

what can i do? couldnt get it working in vista (my only complaint really. its why i tried out xp otherwise i thought vista wasnt too bad) and i cant get better display options in xp. is this thing locked at 60hz?

pretty sweet deal for a first lap. ran wow maxed out 100% with clipping probs (60hz!!!???!?). ran warhammer moc on medium smooth. maxed out it chugged a bit when zooming.

thumbs up.

Most LCD displays are locked in at 60Hz refresh. Due to the way an LCD works, you don't need a high refresh rate like on a CRT. Look at the LCD out of the corner of your eye. It doesn't flash like a CRT does at 60Hz. I suspect it's mind over matter causing your eyes to hurt.

laptop locked again while playing a video file. now, it goes into windows i think, but nothing comes up on the screen. but the harddrive light works.

only clue is nvidia's network firewall. when i installed utorrent it said it was bad and could cause the computer to become unresponsive and to lock up. which my computer seemed to hang a few instances (i only had hte firewall on for antihacking).

any thoughts?

Ordered mine through officemax.com on wed about 4pm. Got it thurs about 4pm. it was basically just the laptop box thrown into another box that was only half taped but oh well all was good.

bought 2gb (2x 1gb) from my local frys for $114. patriot psd22g533sk 2 piece kit. 10 minutes after i got my hands on the notebook i was running 2gb.

messed agetround with vista for a day before installing xp home. bout 4 hours worth of patching (!!!???) later i think im ok. getting the wlan up and running was the hardest part. my $10 wireless usb modem saved my ass.

one thing i cannot for the life of me figure out. well, two. i can't get coolbits going at all. no option to overlclock whatsoever that i can find. also, and this is the worste part, my display is locked at 60hz refresh and there isnt a damn thing i can do about it. ive tried about a dozen adapter drivers, monitor drivers, etc and it still pops up as "generic pnp monitor" with 60hz being the only refresh option. im coming from a syncmaster 997df 19" @100hz (awesome, awesome) that i love and i actually think it looks better than this widescreen. i know its all do to the low refresh, because this thing hurts my eyes after about 20 minutes.

what can i do? couldnt get it working in vista (my only complaint really. its why i tried out xp otherwise i thought vista wasnt too bad) and i cant get better display options in xp. is this thing locked at 60hz?

pretty sweet deal for a first lap. ran wow maxed out 100% with clipping probs (60hz!!!???!?). ran warhammer moc on medium smooth. maxed out it chugged a bit when zooming.

thumbs up.

i just have to ask why you bought a 2gig kit when the laptop already came with a gig stick, you just needed to get that kingston ram they have for 39 or 49 bucks for the one stick :p

anyone know how to buy extended warranty from Officemax?

We purchased one warranty online from the click menu at the same time we got one, it was 149.99 instore its 199(supposedly covers everything even accidental?) you can probably just go instore and get it, or phone officemax and buy it that way

is this thing locked at 60hz?
All LCD monitors run at 60Hz, end of story.

LCD's don't flicker like CRT monitors do, so they don't need to run any higher than 60Hz. The clipping you're seeing is most likely a placebo, but if you want to get rid of it for sure, turn on V-Sync.

I have my XT5000T all setup with Windows XP Professional and I am wondering how
I go about getting DVDs to play? Windows Media Player tells me that I need a decoder, presumably the one from Everex that is bundled with Vista.

Any thoughts?

Guys,

another new review about xt5000t link at http://www.techfear.com/articles/2007/4/everex_xt5000t.shtml

on page 6, scroll down "everex is working on new keyboard and update battery !"

I wonder why everex sell this model xt5000t so cheap that explains this issues.

is xt5000t phase out already ? if they are going revision new xt5000t...I hope i could get mine for replace new revision in future. Everex haven't update their new drivers or bios !

phatbx133

I may wait for the revision version to come out. They have stated mutliple times the $700 price so I think they are trying to keep at that price point. I was on the fence before, but if I can hold out for a better battery and keyboard I will.

The other 17 inch laptops are also dropping in price. I have seen the hp version with the 7600 graphics card hit $800 after rebates several times now. I think $700 seems about right for a unbranded version. I really like the everex. I hope they come out with one with a little higher resolution screen (like wsxga+ - 1440*900 seems just a little too low res on such a nice sized screen).

holding my breath and crossing my fingers.

i just have to ask why you bought a 2gig kit when the laptop already came with a gig stick, you just needed to get that kingston ram they have for 39 or 49 bucks for the one stick :p

i prefer buying in person whenever possible and the cheapest gigstick they had was like $70-80. $114 for two was a no brainer. i also like to match ddr and i couldnt have done that with the existing ram. the ram i pulled is an easy sell too, so really im only out the cost of a single stick.

wasn't aware of the native 60hz refresh in lcds. this is my first which my explain the hurting eyes, but i am not imagining the flickering going on in wow. perhaps its what happens when games do not full support 16:10 and perhaps i just have to fool around with some driver settings but it is happening. i tried running dark messiah yesterday and that game was crawling on med-low. im using the most recent mobileforce xp drivers from extreme-g.

keyboard doesnt bother me one bit. i wouldnt mind a bigger left shift and enter but...

I I hope they come out with one with a little higher resolution screen (like wsxga+ - 1440*900 seems just a little too low res on such a nice sized screen).

Oddly the Amilo Xa 1527 does come with a 17" TFT WUXGA 1920 x 1200, so the possibility does exist.

As another had mentioned I just wiped and installed XP and like it so far but want to reinstall the CyberLink DVD suite software, looked on the recovery dvd and did not see the software on it. Any ideas folks???????

Andy

Oddly the Amilo Xa 1527 does come with a 17" TFT WUXGA 1920 x 1200, so the possibility does exist.

As another had mentioned I just wiped and installed XP and like it so far but want to reinstall the CyberLink DVD suite software, looked on the recovery dvd and did not see the software on it. Any ideas folks???????

Andy

In Recovery folder, they are special (sort of ghost or image file for extracts only during reinstall clean Vista with recovery dvd in it...everex clever to not inculde standalone version on disc.

phatbx133

In Recovery folder, they are special (sort of ghost or image file for extracts only during reinstall clean Vista with recovery dvd in it...everex clever to not inculde standalone version on disc.

phatbx133

Off the top of your head, can you think of a utility that is capable of breaking open these backup archives (*.swm) ?

Off the top of your head, can you think of a utility that is capable of breaking open these backup archives (*.swm) ?

So far, this is looking pretty complicated.

I have downloaded MMC 3.0, so that I could run the Deployment Workbench, so that I could selectively download parts of the WAIK, one piece is the microsoft utility "imagex.exe" which supposedly permits opening up WIM/SWM files.

We'll see how far I manage to stick with this ...

phatbx133

I was able to extract the first swc file. Unfortunately it is an install image, with the products in their Program Files directories. There isn't much that is functional; certainly not the DVD decoding portion.

:(

There is a nice folder of x64 drivers for VISTA ...

A while ago someone asked about BF2 performance on this machine. Well, finally I got around to installing it and played for a few minutes. I am running standard Vista that came with the machine, no OC on GPU and 2GB of 667 ram and have no problems whatsoever with running it maxed out (1150x???. full detail and AA). This is the most the game allows. Loading and vrifying times are not very far from my desktop and screen quality is great, although I will have to increase gamma a bit, because on occasions I could use more light.
Hope that helps.

My XT5000T shipped today. Does anyone know what carrier OM uses? I know Staples generally ships next-day from its local stores, but OM never provided me with a tracking number--simply said they had shipped the order. Thanks!!

My XT5000T shipped today. Does anyone know what carrier OM uses? I know Staples generally ships next-day from its local stores, but OM never provided me with a tracking number--simply said they had shipped the order. Thanks!!

UPS ;)

phatbx133

A while ago someone asked about BF2 performance on this machine. Well, finally I got around to installing it and played for a few minutes. I am running standard Vista that came with the machine, no OC on GPU and 2GB of 667 ram and have no problems whatsoever with running it maxed out (1150x???. full detail and AA). This is the most the game allows. Loading and vrifying times are not very far from my desktop and screen quality is great, although I will have to increase gamma a bit, because on occasions I could use more light.
Hope that helps.

thanks for the info, which is awesome. im mainly going to play BF2 on this lappy. its also sad, my main pc can barely play it a medium settings

Just wondering what Vista Index scores people are getting after swapping or adding a hard drive. It seems most guys were getting 4.4 stock with about two guys getting a 4.5... I have a Hitachi 100GB 7200RPM drive on the way. It should be here tomorrow and then I will post back...

-LaTeR

any 160 GB 7200 RPM drives for us readily available? I've done a bit of looking but not found anything yet.

T

as fas as I know, 100GB is the biggest 7200rpm drive... and 160GB is the biggest 5400rpm drive available

any 160 GB 7200 RPM drives for us readily available? I've done a bit of looking but not found anything yet.

T

they are out there, i saw some on froogle. and extremetech had a review on a seagate 7200 rpm 160gb drive for a mac laptop as an upgrade walkthrough. its one of the recent articles at the top of the page. :)

Post your Pit score here and settings

Base score 4.4

PRO – 4.6
MEM – 4.5
GRAPH- 4.8
GAMING - 4.8
PRI HD- 4.4

Clean install Vista with Auto patcher vista and 8 patches from MS download only 10 mins done all updates.

Video driver – Nvidia 100.65 whql that support 7600 go setup straight away.
Realtek sound driver I use R1.65 version at http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
Atheros wireless driver at MS updates.
others devices drivers come with Drivers folders or at Everex websites.

Card reader removed (disabled)
hot keys removed
soft modem removed (disabled)
Touch pad removed, ( i use usb mini mouse targus with 7 glow colors random)

some tweaks services runnings now 35 during net, aim stuff relate networking, during play games, 28 process running runs very well at this point, I will need upgrades 2 or 4GB rams (tempt get 4GB sometime in future if i get lucky grab good deals.

Anyway, BF2 settings below

Video Option in BF2, my setting that works for me.

1.1024x768@60hz
2.custom
3.med
4.med
5.med
6.med
7.high (lighting is like brightness/gamma control)
8.off
9.off
10.off
11.med
12.50%

Audio Options,
use software render with low
Disabled Eax, Voice over IP stuff all zeros, music

playable little stutters not bad, I know 2GB is sweet spot for BF2.

Roll up my sleeves look out Halo 2 come out May 4 (be proud first vista game :D)

phatbx133

phatbx133 said:
Anyway, BF2 settings below

Video Option in BF2, my setting that works for me.

1.1024x768@60hz
2.custom
3.med
4.med
5.med
6.med
7.high (lighting is like brightness/gamma control)
8.off
9.off
10.off
11.med
12.50%
May I ask why do you play on such limited settings ? I understand that currently you run on 1GB of ram, but other than that (in my experience at least) the game is playable on max settings without any major issues, and if you turn AA off it should run in the 40-50 FPS average territory. I will need to run Fraps to verify, though. On your settings it shoul be butter smooth !

Well, I'm joining the XT5000T club. Originally I ordered an HP DV6000T because I kind of wanted the smaller size and better battery life (although it's only a 7400). Ordered an XT5000T just in case the HP wasn't perfect.......and my customized HP gets here with a broken keyboard! They didn't secure it properly so pressing escape cauesd the whole top right hand corner to flex!

So, HP wasn't perfect, and now I have a huge 17" screen and awesome go 7600, with a cheaper memory upgrade option :D

Here's to hoping my new laptop arrives tomorrow! Hopefully Office Max can come through on its promise of next-day shipping.

my keyboard started behaving erratically, and is very unreliable. Now, the laptop won't even boot into Vista, it just hangs at the Everex boot screen.

Now I have to send it back to OfficeMax. Should I call up online or just take it to my local OfficeMax?

Anyone want my stick of 1GB stock memory? I'd like to get $45 shipped for it, someone PM me if you want it!

Anyone know if our internal card reader works with SDHC cards? I'm planning on buying a 4GB A-DATA class 6 for use with readyboost. If you have an SDHC card try it out and let me know.

Anyone know if our internal card reader works with SDHC cards? I'm planning on buying a 4GB A-DATA class 6 for use with readyboost. If you have an SDHC card try it out and let me know.

anyone know how to install it? the exe from everex's site didn't work. did not detect the reader?

anyone know how to install it? the exe from everex's site didn't work. did not detect the reader?

I read a couple of things you could try.

One, redownload the driver. I guess they were linking to the wrong file before.
And two, when you try to install the driver, have an sd card already inserted.(probably better to not do an sdhc one right off the bat though?)

Also, does this laptop really have an IR port like the manual says? I'm doubting it.
And anyone else still being throttled in Vista when on battery? The fan led/button is off. It is High Performance(tried some custom settings too). The throttle icon says not throttled. I've tried everything I can think of, but it still shows at 50% in resource monitor, and chugs when playing hd videos and such.

Matrix are we talking XP here, if so when I installed XP it was a two step procedure for installing the card reader, if I remember correctly 1st you have to run the CdRdr.exe file within the CdRdr folder. This will find the card reader, once that is done run the setup file within the CardReader folder for the drivers.

Andy

Has anyone got RivaTuner working? And, has anyone got nTune working with the 165.01 video drivers?

-Thanks

Back