Everex XT5000T Support thread

Has anyone got RivaTuner working? And, has anyone got nTune working with the 165.01 video drivers?

-Thanks

Was able to install rivatuner and run but it would not give me any oc options. Gave me about everything else but as mentioned no oc options that I could find. PS this was with Vista have not tried with XP yet.

Andy

The IR port is between the network on/off switch and the blue audio connector on the very front of the unit. If its actually hooked up to anything I have no idea.. but thats where the IR sensor is :)

T

I set power options to home/desktop yet everest shows cpu at 800mhz. Ripping movie is taking forever too. Others stated they changed to home/desktop power and were able to get full power so why am I the exception?

I set power options to home/desktop yet everest shows cpu at 800mhz. Ripping movie is taking forever too. Others stated they changed to home/desktop power and were able to get full power so why am I the exception?

I don't recall if others were using Everest - Home. The reason that I chime in ... I just installed V. 2.2 and my CPU speed in the overclock section is also hovering at 800Mhz.

So, I wonder what is going on, too?

I just ran SisSoft Sandra and it confirms ... processor speed ~800 Mhz.

Did you remove the program in the system tray?

I purged Vista and am running XP Professional ... tell me more of this system tray program that you speak of. <smile>

Also, Everest reports CPU temp of 54c, while I am doing next to nothing ... browsing HF and running Everest to monitor CPU speed/temp.

Question for anyone who's installed XP on this. I reformatted & installed XP, installed all of the drivers and it's working great except for there being one PCI device left in the device manager that has no drivers. I can't figure out what it is. I tried installing the modem using the drivers from the Everex site but the install fails because it seems it can't find the modem, is it possible that the PCI device is the modem or is there something else I'm missing?

My family member just got one, what an awesome lappy for the price.

Does anyone else's screen dim badly after XP loads? I've re-installed the everex vga drivers. The screen is nice and bright until it's restarted. I am currently running 93.71 7600GS drivers which worked fine....until now. Back to the dimmed screen. I have to be within 12 inches of the screen to read it :mad:

Question for anyone who's installed XP on this. I reformatted & installed XP, installed all of the drivers and it's working great except for there being one PCI device left in the device manager that has no drivers. I can't figure out what it is. I tried installing the modem using the drivers from the Everex site but the install fails because it seems it can't find the modem, is it possible that the PCI device is the modem or is there something else I'm missing?

I discovered that as well. Looking through all of the information on the device, there's no indication at all what it is. I haven't encountered anything not working, so I just disabled it.

i tried this and the power monitor is showing 800mhz still. but my computer properties is showing 1.6. what gives?

is there something i am missing?

I think that the default VISTA load from Everex contains the utility intended to work with VISTA. I had installed XP, which is why I was looking for supplementary relief.

Are you still using VISTA or have you migrated to XP. If XP, where in "computer properties" do you see 1.6?

I think that the default VISTA load from Everex contains the utility intended to work with VISTA. I had installed XP, which is why I was looking for supplementary relief.

Are you still using VISTA or have you migrated to XP. If XP, where in "computer properties" do you see 1.6?

XP. it wasunder the my computer properties

but i fixed it :)

just installed the everex cpu driver :D

1 hour to rip an encrypted dvd with dvdfab decypter? :eek: That's after installing powersaver and having cpu run at full 1600 mhz. Solved the vid problem by reinstalling everex vid drivers. I'm sure it will go back to dim screen after rebooting though. Am I the only one having these issues?

For those who upgraded the memory, does it run dual channel at 533 if you add another 1gb of 667 memory? Does the 667 slow itself down to match the built in 1GB?

yes, the 2nd chip will default to 533 to match the original chip

BTW, I am selling my stock 1GB memory chip for $49 shipped and my stock 100GB hard drive for $64 shipped if anyone is interested... please PM me for details.

Also, I have acquired a new TL-52 processor (1MB L2 cache) and tested it to verify it runs fine... I am selling it for $149 shipped...

Here is a link to my Everex For Sale thread...
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030988298#post1030988298

-Thanks

Maybe a bad choice of words. I was anticipating. No it's not that bad. Has only happened that one time. I find the interesting part being that the card stopped registering all together, ie: stopped showing in device manager and if I ran "install new hardware" it would not find the card. After a shutdown, (not a restart) all was well again. I'm just wondering if there is a larger issue because some people have tried to upgrade their cards without success.

All in all I really like this laptop especially for the dollars spent.

Andy

hmm mine did the same thing too, but it was after playing stalker at full settings for about 1 1/2 hours. maybe it overheated? haven't turned it back on yet to see if that will fix it as i had to go back to work

Man they are being really hardcore about not letting me install windows XP without it voiding my warranty. Says if they see ANY sign that windows XP was installed they'll make you pay for repairs heh...

Oh well. Does anyone know if the MaxAssurance program covers worn out laptop batteries?

Thanks

wow crazy. i wonder why they are so hardcore. i mean an o/s shouldn't be the cause of a hardware failure. i think?..

not sure about the battery thing

anyone have an update on the raid/bios issue? Can you raid and is there a trick or updated bios needed? Do we at least know who the motherboard manufacturer is maybe they have a website that will help

just got mine the other day, ran warcraft (wow) with everything cranked to the max and getting anywhere from 30-50 fps. i haven't been in any big raids, but i'm sure it'll suffer when i get the chance.
i'm on xp now.... maybe i'll gain a few frames.
I LOVE THIS LAPTOP!

half the cost of what? lol

$2500, it's a 17" notebook supporting core2extreme SLI 7900s etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, anyone find better vid drivers then the original Everex ones? I've tried 158.18 with lackluster results. I went from PIT graphics/gaming graphics of 4.8/4.7 to 4.7/4.3. 3DMark 06 was equally unremarkable (dropped about 100 pts). I'm on Vista.

Anyway, anyone find better vid drivers then the original Everex ones? I've tried 158.18 with lackluster results. I went from PIT graphics/gaming graphics of 4.8/4.7 to 4.7/4.3. 3DMark 06 was equally unremarkable.

oh so you mean 2500 instead of 5000 ah lol :D

Anyway, anyone find better vid drivers then the original Everex ones? I've tried 158.18 with lackluster results. I went from PIT graphics/gaming graphics of 4.8/4.7 to 4.7/4.3. 3DMark 06 was equally unremarkable.

ried 158.18, yea PIT drops Gaming graphic score low...BUT...strange ran 3dmark2001 score below

3dmark01 11305 with 100.65 (HL2 run okay stable)
3dmark01 11638 with 158.18 (HL2 run smoother but crashes to desktop from time to time)

PIT with 100.65
graphics 4.8
gaming graphic 4.8

PIT with 158.18
graphic 4.8
gaming graphic 4.3 ???

see odd 3dmark2001 run higher on 158.18 with PIT low score !? Bug driver false reading ?

went back to 100.65 for now.

ps, I am running on Vista

phatbx133

tried 158.18, yea PIT drops Gaming graphic score low...BUT...strange ran 3dmark2001 score below

3dmark01 11305 with 100.65 (HL2 run okay stable)
3dmark01 11638 with 158.18 (HL2 run smoother but crashes to desktop from time to time)

PIT with 100.65
graphics 4.8
gaming graphic 4.8

PIT with 158.18
graphic 4.8
gaming graphic 4.3 ???

see odd 3dmark2001 run higher on 158.18 with PIT low score !? Bug driver false reading ?

went back to 100.65 for now.

ps, I am running on Vista

phatbx133
That is strange. Have you tried 3DMark01 w/ the default Everex Driver? I may have to give 100.65 a try. Thanks.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting HL2 to run smoothly, even after turning down graphics options. I would have thought this would run at max settings, but it's not much smoother than my Athlon 2500+/Ti4200/512mb system. I need to turn down to 1280x800 with everything on medium/low for it to run properly. I'm using XTreme-G MobileForce 101.70 drivers. Are these the correct ones? What's going on??? I thought the Turion64/7600 combo would be fast!

I'm having a lot of trouble getting HL2 to run smoothly, even after turning down graphics options. I would have thought this would run at max settings, but it's not much smoother than my Athlon 2500+/Ti4200/512mb system. I need to turn down to 1280x800 with everything on medium/low for it to run properly. I'm using XTreme-G MobileForce 101.70 drivers. Are these the correct ones? What's going on??? I thought the Turion64/7600 combo would be fast!

are you sure your processor is running at 1600mhz?

maybe this tweak HL2 help for you at http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_5.html

mine run 1440x900 with force dxlevel 90 (not dxlevel 90+), HDR to none, shader to low, shadows to low, AA to none runs fine with my settings.

phatbx133

Oooh, yeah I was running at the medium power settings instead of at high performance. I must have been running it at 800mhz x 2 or something. I still can't run at full graphics settings though, I have to turn the settings down substantially or the game goes crazy on big outdoor environments. Is that pretty much normal for this computer?

Also... how do you overclock the video card? I downloaded RivaTuner but can't seem to find any overclocking options. Do I need a different set of drivers to OC? Or just a different program.

Tried Rivatuner also and could not find any options to oc. This was with Vista. Some have used NTune(under Vista) but the settings do not stick, lose at reboot. Cannot remember about coolbits. Under XP they all appear to work.

Andy

Back