Everex XT5000T Support thread

Have mine for sale....have upgraded the memory to 2GB 667/5300 DDR2 I have maybe 12 hours on it...havent loaded any games or messed with any settings or any tweeking, never even took the plastic cover off the screen. Will let it go for the 799.00 starting price at the auction for anyone here, just message me and you can bid and i'll end the auction and it's yours. Thanks! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320115787746

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"Here you find a list with approximative benchmark values, which can be achieved with this video card. The values can strongly deviate due to different hardware (processor, memory)."

does anybody know if it will be on Newegg for a limited time or should I wait since I dont need a laptop until around August

Is anyone else's machine overheating? I find that I can't run intensive 3D games unless I actually take the bottom panel off for better circulation. It's not a real big deal since I never move it, but irritating nonetheless. I have XP installed on it.. does that void my warranty or can I send my laptop in to see if they can fix it?

I know this seems obvious, but I just figured out how to gain about 30 minutes of battery life on these things. To put it simply, change over to the Vista Basic theme, as it appears keeping our video cards active constantly is putting a drain on our already short battery life. Also, has anybody checked out the device manager, under "Universal Serial Buss Controllers"? We have two USB Root Hubs in this thing, and each one reports as being capable of supporting 8 USB ports :eek: I'm guessing the chipset supports a full 16 USB ports, but Everex only included 3...meaning that there's probably a way to wire up those unused USB headers, provided we had a schematic of the board. Food for thought :D

Does anyone know how to get the big heatsink off of the graphics card? I went into the laptop to try and change out the crappy heat pads for Arctic Silver to improve cooling, but I can't get the big heatsink out of the way. I need to get the entire bottom cover of the laptop off to get to the screw that's holding it in place. Any ideas?

I went into the laptop to try and change out the crappy heat pads for Arctic Silver to improve cooling... Any ideas?

Yeah, don't do it. Many times in notebooks the heat transfer pad is also there to be able to bridge the gap between the heatsink and core, while Arctic Silver would be too thin of a layer to even allow for contact.

Too late. Didn't seem to affect the thermal performance though, but didn't improve. I need someone to tell me how to get the motherboard fully out of the chassis... anyone?

Too late. Didn't seem to affect the thermal performance though, but didn't improve. I need someone to tell me how to get the motherboard fully out of the chassis... anyone?

aren't u selling it dude? whoa...

Yeah. Like I said, it didn't affect thermal performance. The CPU has quite a good fit and so the Arctic Silver is making solid contact, and I didn't take the pad off the graphics card so that still has the original thermal pad. The only thing that has Arctic Silver under the big heatsink is the northbridge (I believe). I've been watching it carefully and my temps have been totally fine but I'd like to get it back to OEM status before selling.

You need to tell who ever you sell it to what you've been doing IMO. If someone sent it in under warranty and they saw it.... bet it fully voids the big W...

T

Yeah, that's a good point. Should have thought of that, I'll be sure to put a thermal pad on before I sell it.

Yeah. Like I said, it didn't affect thermal performance. The CPU has quite a good fit and so the Arctic Silver is making solid contact, and I didn't take the pad off the graphics card so that still has the original thermal pad. The only thing that has Arctic Silver under the big heatsink is the northbridge (I believe). I've been watching it carefully and my temps have been totally fine but I'd like to get it back to OEM status before selling.

What program have you been using to monitor the chipset's temp?

Can someone confirm that the XT5000T supports an external monitor resolution of 1920 x1080???

I am looking at the Westinghouse 1080P version and, now that I have purchased this fun little lappy, its going to be awhile before I further upgrade my main computer.

That being said, I want to get the 37' 1080P monitor for videos, some gaming etc.

As a result, I want to be sure this little puppy will support that resolution before I drop the bucks on it!!!!

Any help appreciated!!!

Thank you.

How are you guys getting your laptop to run at 12000 on 3Dmark01SE and 2500 on 3Dmark06? I put in new kingston ram (2x 1gb 667) and my comp can barely score 8000 on 3Dmark01 and 2000 on 3dmark06. I used the old and new drivers for the vid card and this was after I switched to windows XP to get my comp to run faster.

Basically I read several users who were running world of warcraft with max settings at 60fps and when I play I can barely get 25fps with everything lowest possible. I tried ntune overclock but it make my comp crash like crazy. Even when I do have it overclocked to 560/800 I only get a minor (not noticible improvement). I really need help here so please if any of your wow players have it working fine and you did some weird tweaks please tell me. It seems everyone on the forums has a different machine or something.

Also I am convinced I'm getting a resource conflict on my comp in vista AND in XP. In vista I get a ton of "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" crashes for numerous drivers that everyone here has suggested and then some I found on my own. This problem is well documented in forums on the internet as just bad nvidia vista support. However I am still getting video based crashes in XP (albet less).

BUT I have several other problems which seem to be related. Constantly my left audio channel would stop working (in both vista and xp). During this problem, the onboard speakers work fine but anything that plugs into the output hole (headphones, A/V + speakers) will have no left channel audio (this has been tested so its not cords or headphones etc.). This can only be fixed by exiting all programs using any audio (direct sound I guess) and disabling then re-enabling the realtek audio device in device manager. I have the default sound drivers installed from everex and I know its not a windows thing since this carried over to XP from vista when I switched. I mentioned that this problem is related to another. Well it usually happens when I restart the comp and I have no wireless (a well documented problem in previous posts) due to the crapiness of the atheros WLAN card. But sometimes just out of the blue the sound would stop working and so would the WLAN. Seems they fail together.

If you guys can help me with either the WoW problem or the audio/WLAN problem I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and I'll be sure to check back for answers. :)

I had a lot of graphics problems earlier too. First, check if you're running at 800mhz instead of 1600. Next you might want to pull the bottom cover off for better ventilation. I was having tons of slowdown in games like HL2 and STALKER even on lowest settings, and it turned out that my hardware was overheating. I took the bottom cover off and eventually got a cooling pad and that solved all my issues. My dorm has no A/C and that's probably what was killing it since ambient temps were around 85 all day.

As for the left channel, I had the same problem but probably not the same solution. For me it was just a faulty analog volume knob that didn't always make perfect contact. All I had to do was jiggle it around slightly and my left channel would come back. Have you tried that? Or are you sure it's a software issue?

I had a lot of graphics problems earlier too. First, check if you're running at 800mhz instead of 1600. Next you might want to pull the bottom cover off for better ventilation. I was having tons of slowdown in games like HL2 and STALKER even on lowest settings, and it turned out that my hardware was overheating. I took the bottom cover off and eventually got a cooling pad and that solved all my issues. My dorm has no A/C and that's probably what was killing it since ambient temps were around 85 all day.

As for the left channel, I had the same problem but probably not the same solution. For me it was just a faulty analog volume knob that didn't always make perfect contact. All I had to do was jiggle it around slightly and my left channel would come back. Have you tried that? Or are you sure it's a software issue?

Thank you for your response.

I have already taken the bottom cover (the one you open to add ram sticks) off for better cooling but it made no difference in performance. I am getting less crashes but that could be due to my migration to XP. My room temp is normal and I'm lucky my comp is next to the AC so I turn it on when I think the room is too hot and the AC blast goes right on top of it. My comp is at 1.6Mhz when I check the "my computers-> properties" and my 3dmark test runs all show I have 1.6Mhz. Is there another way to check?

I'm sure its software since everytime I disable and re-enable the realtek sound device in device manager the left channel fixes itself. This is without any other hardware changes.

I really hope someone playing WoW can tell me how they get such a great experience. I can live with the rare crashes and sound troubles because they can be fixed are happen intermittently. However my graphics problems are persistent and affect the whole experience with this computer and it seems to be easily fixable since many report great performance for World of warcraft and other games which are even more intensive.

Everest Ultimate Edition is what you need

Why would I need to get a tuning program? Everyone else's comps run fine without one

Edit:
I just installed the AMD Power Monitor and it seems my core speed for the two processors are both at 800. However its weird since the numbers fluctuate back and forth between 400 and 800 (staying mostly at 800). Voltage is at 0.800 V for both processors

Why would I need to get a tuning program? Everyone else's comps run fine without one

Edit:
I just installed the AMD Power Monitor and it seems my core speed for the two processors are both at 800. However its weird since the numbers fluctuate back and forth between 400 and 800 (staying mostly at 800). Voltage is at 0.800 V for both processors

this one you might try out for free "Notebook Hardware Control" link at http://www.pbus-167.com/,

it works for both XP and Vista too...I find this NHC useful for my Vista

hope it help

phatbx133

Good news. After installing NHC for my comp it reported that I was running at 800 mhz even though I have my settings at max performance. Is there anyway I can force my computer to run at max CPU speed (1.6Ghz)?

Edit:
Humm so the "CPU clock" reading is for one core only? Because the duel cores are each at 800 but does the reading mean my total speed is 800 or just each of the processors. When I go to the CPU Speed tab I see:

Internal clock: 802
External Clock: 802

Edit2:
I just installed RMclock and my ram frequency is 160Mhz, is that right?

Edit3:
OMFG OMFG OMFG I FIXED IT!
Installed the AMD 64 Turion chip drivers from their drivers website.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe

It didn't say duel core drivers so I was afraid to install it but what the hell.
My comp is now running at 1.6Ghz according to NHC. Gonna go check on WoW and I'll report back if it fixed the gaming lag

FINAL EDIT

World of warcraft runs fine now. Its not 60fps but I'm getting 30 fps in town, its alot smoother and I have skype on talking to my friend. I would also like to credit my friend for helping me find the other posts which point to the issue of CPU chip driver not being installed. Thanks everyone for trying to help and now I'm off to get my hit from WoW

Guys,

I wonder if you have been at Everex website recently ? they are down, I got error "bad request" using with Firefox 2.03, let me know if you are able enter Everex website with IE or Firefox ?

(I hope they are working updates drivers then back up running ?)

phatbx133

Any of you guys playing Command and Conquer 3 on your x5000xt?

I'm curious as to how it's running specifically on the multiplayer side.

I just logged in using Firefox with no prob.

T

yea it up running now...still no updates just yet...

(I will never buy any Everex anymore in future, my mistakes bought it but good price and stink everex tech support lazy jerk 0%% look at porx too much. :D

phatbx133

Guys,

I wonder if you have been at Everex website recently ? they are down, I got error "bad request" using with Firefox 2.03, let me know if you are able enter Everex website with IE or Firefox ?

(I hope they are working updates drivers then back up running ?)

phatbx133

Have not been able to get to the main website for a couple of days now. Have been able to get to the forums but is very very very slow. Using IE6

Andy

im looking at picking up one of these, this notebook is by far the best one of the price on new egg...most of the ones with these specs are almost double the price...:eek:

Here is breakdowns some old or new drivers below for most Vista and few XP if you didn't update just yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audio driver -new whql realtek R1.67 for Vista or XP link at http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

At Everex old driver -- R1.54
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

card reader driver- (AU6366 multimedia card reader controller) ??? cant find website ?
cdrdr driver - (AU6366 multimedia card reader controller) ???

At Everex old driver -- Version: 1.12.01.01/ Version: 1.1.1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chipset driver – new Installer (v5.40), SMU v1.23 whql driver package at http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_400_winvista32_15.00.html

At Everex old driver- Installer (v5.22), SMU Driver v1.21 (5.1.2600.121)

hotkey driver - unknown at website ???

At Everex old driver -- 1.1.10
modem driver - new Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem Driver (7.62.00) for Vista link at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MO...DAUDIO-Soft-Data-Fax-Modem-Driver-76200.shtml ??? (I don't use 56k soft modem just uninstalled then disabled)

At Everex old driver -- Driver Version: 7.58.0.0
resolution driver - Nvidia (set resolution 2.0) cant find update driver at nvidia anywhere. (I wonder what is it that for ?)

At Everex old driver -- Utility Version: 2.0
sata ide driver – new Installer (v5.40), IDE SataRAID Driver (v9.31) WHQL,IDE SataIDE Driver (v9.31) WHQL, RAIDTOOL Application (v9.31) driver package at http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_400_winvista32_15.00.html for Vista only

for XP link at http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html for XP only

At Everex old driver- Installer version (5.28),IDE SataRAID Driver (v9.30), RAIDTOOL Application (v9.30)
silent mode driver - power manager 2.16 for CPU throttling( use EASYbutton on third row) I removed it due conflict with Vista own power plan cause strange behavior between 800mhz or 1600), for XP I think you might need this Power Manager 2.16 for XP, I can't find name of website ???

At Everex old driver- 2.14/2.16
touch pad driver – Generic Synaptics Device Drivers link at http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm for Vista or XP (This is Generic can be use with this laptop )

edit update (I found new version ALPS Touchpad Driver 7.100.401.3 at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/JO...TS/OTHERS/ALPS-Touchpad-Driver-71004013.shtml (I checked at ALPS website and couldn't find drivers)

At Everex old driver -- 7.0.1404
VGA driver – whql 100.65 best for 7600 Go (WOW game running Vista link at http://www.philoking.com/?s=go+7600+on+wow runs smoother)

At Everex old driver -- 97.48
wireless driver – Atheros version 7.2.0.215 at MS update then go to device manager point to atheros ar5006eg wireless network adapter then right click to "Update driver software) will scan for you while online and will update (blind into device manager) bring to 7.3.1.5 latest

At Everex old driver -- Driver Version: 7.1.0.70

Phew...not much, hope it help for your laptop on either Vista or XP for update drivers.

PS - matrix563, I feel Everex doesn't good job for keep updates drivers you know ? unheard of brand name really start concern to me, of course I love my laptop but hate Everex :D

phatbx133

What kind of battery options (ie backups or upgrades) exsist for the XT5000T? Battery life is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this thing.

Here is breakdowns some old or new drivers below for most Vista and few XP if you didn't update just yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audio driver -new whql realtek R1.67 for Vista or XP link at http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

At Everex old driver -- R1.54

card reader driver- (AU6366 multimedia card reader controller) ??? cant find website ?
cdrdr driver - (AU6366 multimedia card reader controller) ???

At Everex old driver -- Version: 1.12.01.01/ Version: 1.1.1

chipset driver – new Installer (v5.40), SMU v1.23 whql driver package at http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_400_winvista32_15.00.html

At Everex old driver- Installer (v5.22), SMU Driver v1.21 (5.1.2600.121)

hotkey driver - unknown at website ???

At Everex old driver -- 1.1.10
modem driver - new Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem Driver (7.62.00) for Vista link at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MO...DAUDIO-Soft-Data-Fax-Modem-Driver-76200.shtml ??? (I don't use 56k soft modem just uninstalled then disabled)

At Everex old driver -- Driver Version: 7.58.0.0
resolution driver - Nvidia (set resolution 2.0) cant find update driver at nvidia anywhere. (I wonder what is it that for ?)

At Everex old driver -- Utility Version: 2.0
sata ide driver – new Installer (v5.40), IDE SataRAID Driver (v9.31) WHQL,IDE SataIDE Driver (v9.31) WHQL, RAIDTOOL Application (v9.31) driver package at http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_400_winvista32_15.00.html for Vista only

for XP link at http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html for XP only

At Everex old driver- Installer version (5.28),IDE SataRAID Driver (v9.30), RAIDTOOL Application (v9.30)
silent mode driver - power manager 2.16 for CPU throttling( use EASYbutton on third row) I removed it due conflict with Vista own power plan cause strange behavior between 800mhz or 1600), for XP I think you might need this Power Manager 2.16 for XP, I can't find name of website ???

At Everex old driver- 2.14/2.16
touch pad driver – Generic Synaptics Device Drivers link at http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm for Vista or XP (This is Generic can be use with this laptop )

edit update (I found new version ALPS Touchpad Driver 7.100.401.3 at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/JO...TS/OTHERS/ALPS-Touchpad-Driver-71004013.shtml (I checked at ALPS website and couldn't find drivers)

At Everex old driver -- 7.0.1404
VGA driver – whql 100.65 best for 7600 Go (WOW game running Vista link at http://www.philoking.com/?s=go+7600+on+wow runs smoother)

At Everex old driver -- 97.48
wireless driver – Atheros version 7.2.0.215 at MS update then go to device manager point to atheros ar5006eg wireless network adapter then right click to "Update driver software) will scan for you while online and will update (blind into device manager) bring to 7.3.1.5 latest

At Everex old driver -- Driver Version: 7.1.0.70

Phew...not much, hope it help for your laptop on either Vista or XP for update drivers.

PS - matrix563, I feel Everex doesn't good job for keep updates drivers you know ? unheard of brand name really start concern to me, of course I love my laptop but hate Everex :D

phatbx133

The Alps driver you listed is only for Vista 64.

Also, I can't seem to get 7.3.1.5 for the Atheros card... is that for XP instead of Vista?

-Thanks

Back