Everex XT5000T Support thread

Longtime lurker here, I just wanted to say that the oven motherboard baking works! 390F for 15 min. I was having no post issue but it seems fixed now. It was more difficult then I thought it would be to take the computer apart but not impossible. I have some pics I can post of the disassemble if someone can recommend a good hosting site.

by the way i am on the net with it right now. call me i will tell u what to do. 876-450-3529 rage
LOL not sure I would post my phone number. What do you mean the connectors are cream (exactly)? Does it trash some the the connectors?

Longtime lurker here, I just wanted to say that the oven motherboard baking works! 390F for 15 min. I was having no post issue but it seems fixed now. It was more difficult then I thought it would be to take the computer apart but not impossible. I have some pics I can post of the disassemble if someone can recommend a good hosting site.
Imageshack is as good as any for hosting miscellaneous pics.
Otherwise TPU Capture is good for throwing up an occasional screen shot.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1083/TPUCapture_Screenshot_Utility_v1.8.html

all connecters will be fine, the heat just dis-color them a bit. and i am glad someone else says it worked for them that is y i was brave enough to put my tel # there for any one who never pulled thier system apart i could tell them where to pull cause i had hard time taking off the speaker cover section ok. this is the only computer i own right now so i am glad its working fine again, i can play some fifa 09 in peace!

webpagerj pics would be excellent wish i had that info before so that would help the people who dont know how to take their system apart.

I found the speaker cover was tough for me too, also it was hard to see some sticky adhesive near the DVI/AC connections that was holding the mb down. I used Syngensmyth walkthrough on post #1619. I was worried once i got everything apart that I wouldn't be able to put it back together but the pics I took helped. Thank you to everyone on this forum btw

Some pics, the others are too dark to be useful

Last edited:
Alrite after a long nervous night, I have also sucessfully baked my moterboard and so far so good. I haven't tried the wireless yet. but no more dead booting, the screen posted on the first boot! I attached a picture of the things i didnt remove before baking, and ended up falling off during the cook, so make sure to remove the heatsinks. also i replaced all the thermal paste, because the stock stuff is just awful..

i ran it at 400 degrees F - 15 minutes like rage recommended, make sure you have some good ventilation also because i smelt some pretty rough fumes while baking. thanks for the phone support rage. ive been running the laptop for about 5 hrs so far and no problems.

hey great pic fxbrandon i told u guys dont take this baking thing lightly it works. and my wirleless card is working tried it today, yours should work too. hey and you didnt even call me back to say it worked :mad:. hope more people get brave enough to try this.

i was just thinking that this means that the motherboards might just have had problem with the soldering getting hot and maybe loosening up or cracking off from where it should be, and this baking puts it back or got rid of the cracks after the solder was heated, so i would definately recomend cooling pads for this laptop

I have had an XT5000T for over 2 years. It has been great unitl I had a memory failure. I went for a 4GB PNY upgrade running at 667. In windows it only showed 3gb. No big deal since it is 32bit vista, but it also shows only 3gb in bios as well. I am still running the original 1.1A bios. Does this sound like I need a bios update? Possibly bad mem slot? I plan on trying a single 2gb mem module in each slot to eliminate the slots tonight, but thought I would check if anyone else had this issue with the original bios. Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited:
The original BIOS had an issue with seeing 4gb's of ram even with a 64bit OS. They did release another BIOS that addressed it but that only helps with 64 bit OS's to see and use all 4gb. The best BIOS and the one most should be running is the1.1D BIOS which keeps the fan running all the time. Tanware posted/hosted a link somewhere in this thread to download all the different BIOS's.

Only a 64 bit OS is going to be able to use all 4gb of ram.

Thanks for the reply and info andy A. I knew about the 32bit os limitation, but the bios only showing exactly 3gb threw me off. Last night i also tried each 2gb module in each slot and they showed as 2gb everytime in bios and windows. I dont have the 1.1D bios, so if there is a link out there to it I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Everex used to have all the bios versions but not anymore. Probably because the new one 1.1E has the missing PCI prefetch as per the littigation....................

look i am out of warranty so i would not recomend this to people that still has warranty, so if you are within warranty by all means send it back to everex for repair. why work on it yourself if they are obligated to do this under warranty.

I assume few if any are still under warranty but I have lost track of when these were last sold. I vas yust yoking.

I had AS-5 on mine nd went to ICD-24 (7 smaller tube) and from 93C in prime 95 the max I now see for the cpu is 84C, I amy redo the GPU as well as this stuff is awesome............

Do you think baking will void the warranty?

(I just had to say it) :D

I would assume baking it would void warraty lol. You have to remove the "warranty void if removed" sticker to get to the mobo anyways. If you are under warranty i would call everex and see if you can get RMA. Makes no sense to risk baking it if your eligible for a RMA.. but its just my opinion.

Im still running good after the bake, no problems. Update on the wireless card, Mine seems to work, I still have to plug back in the black and grey wires, but its showing up in my device manager!!! Im running rmclock and windows 7 with 2 gigs of ram, working well. :)

here i attached a pic showing the card in the device manager. It never worked before baking, now it does.

Last edited:
Hello, i've had my everex for probably two years now and it's always ran a bit slow, my fault for never adding more memory, but I like to blame vista being a hog of an OS instead of myself :p

I'm deploying shortly and want to take my laptop with me, so i've put everything i wanted to keep onto an external hard-drive and now wish to wipe it and reinstall Vista, this time with some more memory added.

The problem is that I do not have a vista disc, though I still have the sticker on the back with the vista information. I looked into a recovery cd from everex but it costs over 30 dollars and I don't trust that i'll receive it quick enough. Is there a place that I can acquire the vista disc in order to do this? If not, my other question was whether I should try out windows 7 on it. I saw it mentioned on this forum that it works well with the computer, but remember I won't have access to any internet or any way in which to update or fix windows 7, so I wanted to make sure that it would work well enough and is stable enough that it would be a good choice.

Hoping to get it wiped out and working again the next day or two if possible, I wanted to rip some of the dvd's I own onto the external hard-drive so that I can have them with me, but that would require the damned computer to be working. Also it has been booting slow for awhile, i'm hoping this is an issue with the OS being unstable due to the fact that I hate Vista and that i haven't taken the best care of it, and I still only have that one gig stick as of right now.

Also I believe it takes DDR2 and can support up to 4 gigs and has two slots. Can i mix the current 1 gig stick with say a two gig stick for the second slot, or would that cause problems and I should put a 1 gig stick into the other slot? Also would mixing speeds or different manufacturers effect anything?

Thanks for your help, hoping to hear something soon :p

Cool!! I just baked my mobo at 390 for 10 minutes. I'm using it now, and hopefully it will continue booting up for a while... Thanks for the thread support guys.

I had to completely strip down the board. I only left the heat sink on with the gc because I didn't really want to pry it off of the gc. It fell off during the bake and I just re-heat synced it. Works good!

I bought 2 of these when Ares posted about them....The wifes graphics died completely about 2 days ago.

I tried the following:

Switching Power supply
Switching Battery
Switching Ram

I haven't used mine in a while & swapped her hard drives into my xt5000t and it booted right up.

I guess that means I finally have an excuse to get a netbook.

Edit: I did not try to bake it. Easier to give her mine instead. Dead unit going in the garbage after stripping.

Last edited:
Hello, i've had my everex for probably two years now and it's always ran a bit slow, my fault for never adding more memory, but I like to blame vista being a hog of an OS instead of myself :p

I'm deploying shortly and want to take my laptop with me, so i've put everything i wanted to keep onto an external hard-drive and now wish to wipe it and reinstall Vista, this time with some more memory added.

The problem is that I do not have a vista disc, though I still have the sticker on the back with the vista information. I looked into a recovery cd from everex but it costs over 30 dollars and I don't trust that i'll receive it quick enough. Is there a place that I can acquire the vista disc in order to do this? If not, my other question was whether I should try out windows 7 on it. I saw it mentioned on this forum that it works well with the computer, but remember I won't have access to any internet or any way in which to update or fix windows 7, so I wanted to make sure that it would work well enough and is stable enough that it would be a good choice.

Hoping to get it wiped out and working again the next day or two if possible, I wanted to rip some of the dvd's I own onto the external hard-drive so that I can have them with me, but that would require the damned computer to be working. Also it has been booting slow for awhile, i'm hoping this is an issue with the OS being unstable due to the fact that I hate Vista and that i haven't taken the best care of it, and I still only have that one gig stick as of right now.

Also I believe it takes DDR2 and can support up to 4 gigs and has two slots. Can i mix the current 1 gig stick with say a two gig stick for the second slot, or would that cause problems and I should put a 1 gig stick into the other slot? Also would mixing speeds or different manufacturers effect anything?

You can mix. If you are only using 3GB why not stick with XP 32 bit? If you want all 4GB then you need 64 bit and I would use Vista then.

I'd love to put XP on it but I don't have a copy of that or Vista. I had also been told that you can't load XP onto these laptops for one reason or another. Still brings me back to my predicament of reformatting it and not having an OS to install back onto it. I had though that I could bypass all that by getting Windows 7 beta or wherever it's at not. Any advice as to where I can get discs, or would Windows 7 be a good choice or not?

XP Pro ran butter smooth for me on the Xt in Raid , and I used it as the primary OS. Had Vista on a 2nd HDD when not raiding but never used it. Win7 should not be an issue, but I would go for the 64 bit version and 4 gb of ram. I passed the machine down to the son in law and he also uses XP as the primary OS even though Vista is installed on the 2nd HDD.

One thing I cannot remember is when mixing a 1gb stick of ram and a 2 gb stick of ram if dual channel worked. I know with 2 sticks of the same capacity, dual channel was enabled. A TL-60 and DDR2 800 was a real good match.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Last edited:
Sigh, well its dead again, same issue as before; i havn't used it in over a week and I turned it on today and its not posting again. I guess i'm going to bake it again idk. Has this happenend to anyone else?

baked it again, only thing i can think that might of been different the first time i baked it was I had the gpu/cpu facing up, this time it was down. Looks to be working again....... for now.

Baked mine yesterday. 400° F for 15 minutes. Sunny side up instead of over easy (don't know what this means)... actually gpu side up w/all heat syncs removed. Reinstalled everything and...

Nope. Nothing. Dead. The front "sleep" light glows yellow/orangish, but that's about it. No fan noise, no hard drive spin. Nothing. It was previously "working" w/the towel trick method. Pretty sure I hooked everything up right, 'cause I tore this comp up about a 3/4 of a year ago and put it back together and everything worked fine, until...

Thanks rage for the advice. Worth a shot, 'cause I didn't really have anything to lose anyhow... not w/this mboard.

Maybe deep-frying? Arc-welding? Flame-throwering?

I'd double check wire connections maybe something isn't plugged in well enough. Mine works again after baking it twice.

Baked mine yesterday. 400° F for 15 minutes. Sunny side up instead of over easy (don't know what this means)... actually gpu side up w/all heat syncs removed. Reinstalled everything and...

Nope. Nothing. Dead. The front "sleep" light glows yellow/orangish, but that's about it. No fan noise, no hard drive spin. Nothing. It was previously "working" w/the towel trick method. Pretty sure I hooked everything up right, 'cause I tore this comp up about a 3/4 of a year ago and put it back together and everything worked fine, until...

Thanks rage for the advice. Worth a shot, 'cause I didn't really have anything to lose anyhow... not w/this mboard.

Maybe deep-frying? Arc-welding? Flame-throwering?

try the jump switches.. theres some info on it somewhere in this thread.

eventually if you restart it enough it resets the cmos on the gpu and bios, atleast thats what happened to me, that was only way it would boot. After the bake i never had the issue again, I dont know where you got the idea baking it gpu side up..

Last edited:
Mine is still running good, been about 2 weeks since bake. Actually my wireless works perfect now too!

There is a small battery with the 2 wires that is plugged into the mobo, but is taped to the bottom part of the laptop. Im assuming this battery is for saving the cmos settings, well I never plugged it back in, so every once in awhile ill get a different post screen stating the cmos was reset. Im almost certain the issues some of you are having are related to the cmos, atleast that was my situation. baking this thing was the best thing thats happened to it since i purchased it. so far looks like only 1 person had an unsuccessful bake.. sounds to me like you forgot to plug something back in.. or forgot to take something off b4 baking it lol

Windows 7 is much better than xp imo also, ive ran them both on this laptop.

You can mix the ram and it shouldnt be a problem, ive switched mine many times. You hate vista but your willing to search for it online? your going to need an oem version which i believe u can only get from everex.. Im still comfused on why you are looking for vista when you can just download win 7 iso release candidate with year license, and have it installed in no time, good luck, next time don't lose the disc, dosen't hurt to make an iso of a disc for backup either

Last edited:
try the jump switches.. theres some info on it somewhere in this thread.

eventually if you restart it enough it resets the cmos on the gpu and bios, atleast thats what happened to me, that was only way it would boot. After the bake i never had the issue again, I dont know where you got the idea baking it gpu side up..

Thanks for the advice fx... I'll give the jump switches a shot. Below is where I got the gpu (facing up) advice, post 1636:

i pulled my system apart,took the cpu,memory and heatsink off, and a little black card that was screwedto mobo, put the motherboard in the oven for 15 min upside down(gpu facing up) at 200 degrees celsius.

Just out of curiousity... what does the gpu up/down matter? I assume it has something to do w/proximity to the burners in the oven (the bottom burner works on bake, the top on "broil"???). Are we trying to keep the gpu away from the burner or close to it? Middle shelf? Top shelf? Bottom shelf? Turkey thermometer?

Never had the disc, bought the last one that office max had at a discount for being an open box so didn't receive any software with it. I just want whatever would work best, thought it'd have to be vista because I had formerly been told that XP wouldn't run, vista was my best choice, and I didn't know whether windows 7 could be trusted, but sounds like a winner to me now.

Haven't been on here in a while, but I figured I'd stop in and give you a resource for operating systems.

Windows 7 installs your wireless drivers - so you should be on the internet out of the box. All the drivers are on here - but you won't need them. Now as far as the resource, if you need a copy of XP, Vista, or really any software - search Warez-bb & get on there for it. I don't personally have an issue with downloading an OS that you've purchased several times over on various machines. I've been using the same XP disc on most of my computers for years now.

Anyways, Windows 7 works great - oh and you want to up/downgrade to the "D" Bios - the "E" drivers mine were sent back with have tons of issues, like the screen glitching & the classic wireless card IRQ issues (which never effected me except for the mouse disappearing).

*I do not encourage illegal activities : )

Hey guys - my everex xt5000t mobo, gfx card, or cpu died after 2 solid years of ownership. I have dismantled the computer so if you need any parts hit me up because I have them ALL.
including:
(1x) Stock 100GB HDD
(1x) 120GB 7200 RPM HDD
(2x) Sticks of 1GB DDR2 RAM (one stock and one aftermarket PNY)
(1x) Everex xt5000t battery (would make a great cheap backup battery)
(1x) Power Adapter
(1x) CDRW/DVD Drive (Stock)
(1x) Full Keyboard without any missing keys
(1x) Full laptop enclosure with everything intact including a WORKING Monitor.
-Thats right a full working screen - if any of you need to replace the screen on your computer i have it here at a far lower price than anyone.
-All Heatsinks
-All Fans
-Everything

Just trying to salvage some $ out of her to invest into a new macbook or toshiba. My loss is your gain.

for pictures or requests just email me at [email protected] and i will reply promptly..

Back