EVGA 3X SLI came with 1 instead of 2 lan ports.

Where did you get it from?

Did you get the LE version instead? LE is the light edition,...I imagine the second lan port is one of the things they would remove.

Keep in mind one port is covered by a thin aluminum protector (same thing with several USB ports and eSATA), if you wiggle it back and forth it'll come out. Generally speaking, it's better to leave the protector there unless you need two LAN plugs to keep dust and EM interference out.

Keep in mind one port is covered by a thin aluminum protector (same thing with several USB ports and eSATA), if you wiggle it back and forth it'll come out. Generally speaking, it's better to leave the protector there unless you need two LAN plugs to keep dust and EM interference out.

That "protector" is on the I/O plate that is placed on the back of the case.
It is a seperate piece and would not be on the board as it comes out of the retail box.

The guy hasn't even installed the board yet.

That "protector" is on the I/O plate that is placed on the back of the case.
It is a seperate piece and would not be on the board as it comes out of the retail box.

The guy hasn't even installed the board yet.

Well, there's no way to know if he didn't get it pre-installed in a build

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not the LE edition haha. Besides, It was the only X58 motherboard EVGA sold when i7 came out and I payed $300 for it.

The part numer is 132-BL-E758-A1.

Actually I did install it already lol. I've had it pretty much since it came out. I just didn't realize at first, now I'm too lazy to take it out. But I just checked, the I/O panel has both lan holes. It's the motherboard really.

Oh, and for Wazooty - I got it from newegg.

Last edited:
Well then, you got a one of a kind, limited edition EVGA X58 3X SLI...........:D

LOL I got screwed. I just sent an email to EVGA customer support. They asked me for the part and serial numbers on the motherboard and now that I look at them they are NOT the same numbers as the ones on the box!

Now I already had to RMA the GTX 295 I bought together with this board. It was complicated enough sending it to my aunt's house in the US so she could mail it to them cause I live in South America.

And I can live for a month or two without a GTX 295, but it's not like I have another X58 motherboard lying around to replace this one if they ask me to RMA it.

Still pretty odd, maybe there was a mixup at the factory and the wrong LAN piece got clamped on the board. If you don't want to RMA but you still need 2 connections you can always throw a wireless adapter in an empty PCI slot.

I would guess when your MB was boxed, the guy put an LE in a normal X58 SLI box.

Shit happens, bu it sucks when you are the one it happens to!

I'm sure EVGA will make it right. Question is, do you really need two ethernet ports?
If you don't maybe EVGA can just refund you some dough.

Good luck.:D

I would guess when your MB was boxed, the guy put an LE in a normal X58 SLI box.

Shit happens, bu it sucks when you are the one it happens to!

I'm sure EVGA will make it right. Question is, do you really need two ethernet ports?
If you don't maybe EVGA can just refund you some dough.

Good luck.:D

Impossible it's the LE version. The LE version is totally black just to start with. I emailed them, they want me to take it out and take a picture of it. Oh well :rolleyes:

Impossible it's the LE version. The LE version is totally black just to start with. I emailed them, they want me to take it out and take a picture of it. Oh well :rolleyes:

Snap a pic and post it here. ;)

Also, you can PM me your SN/PN if you'd like and i can see what i can do for you as well. :)

You can take pictures of the board inside the case............

help me out then............what is the model number on the board, what is the model number on the box label...........(the model not the serial number)

what does the board look like??
does it have the little X58 chipset fan, or a passive heatsink?

I'd like to see a picture, but a description is fine.

Curiosity is getting the better of me.:D

I got over my laziness and took the motherboard out and it turned out to be like Crispy002 said, there were some thin pieces of aluminium over the lan, 2 usb, esata and firewire port. Lol. Thx for the help thou.

...just like all brand new mobos of that type....

you couldn't tell just by looking in the case?

Sigh..............................

So what's with this...

They asked me for the part and serial numbers on the motherboard and now that I look at them they are NOT the same numbers as the ones on the box!

You just get an incorrect box?

So what's with this...

You just get an incorrect box?

Yeah I don't know about that... Don't know if I should send EVGA another mail or just be happy that the motherboard's ok and leave it at that.

...just like all brand new mobos of that type....

you couldn't tell just by looking in the case?

Sigh..............................

Nah It's impossible to tell without unscrewing and moving the motherboard a little, it's pressed hard against the panel's cushioning so u can't see.

If you are in Europe......some guys got MBs with a different serial number than the box.

Not uncommon.

Glad this was a simple case of a hidden port........but.......you should have seen two when you were putting it together, no?? :eek:

Yea :rolleyes:

Guess I was so excited to get my first computer after 9 years going I missed that detail.

Back