evga 750i ftw sli, reading insane NB temps?

import

[H]ard|Gawd
my motherboard is reporting crazy temps. im getting a little paranoid.
cpuid reads SYSTIN at 82C (180F)
everest reads my motherboard at the same temp.

i can reach in and touch my nb heatsink. its warm, but no warmer than the bottom of an idle laptop, or back of a big lcd.
bios reports normal temps anywhere i can find them. not too sure what they were though.

any idea of software that might give a more accurate reading?

I have the same motherboard and with speedfan 4.34, Im getting 85c for my "system" temp.

I doubt it is right.

Damn, what else have you tried for temp monitoring progs? Those 750's look so tempting, even though I swore off nvidia chipsets, the little quirks bug me.

yeah. speedfan is the same.
prob. just an open sensor, reporting some bs temp.

there is NO way that heatsink is anywhere near 80c.

Yeah crazy thread, a chip reaching 111c is pretty much dead instantly, lol. Maybe I should check out realtemp, but I did have to setup speedfan for last chip, a 6550 before I got the 8400.

Guys, all these programs "guess" at what device/component some onboard sensor is reading and give it a name and many times it is incorrect.

Ask your motherboard tech support where the sensor (it should be listed in the bios) exactly is on the motherboard and what it is susposed to be measuing before anyone gets too alarmed over any temps.

Also the sensor monitoring chips used on the motherboard sometimes have more sensor "ports" that installed sensors. Many times "temp programs" will read that unused port and give wildly "insane" readings etc.

On newly released motherboards expect later bios releases to "adjust" sensor reporting code so that in the bios the temp can change by large amounts from bios to bios as the manufacturer tries to improve the accuracy, (or reduce support calls from users).

Check the eVGA forum, this is documented. Try the latest Everest BETA, it detects it right.

Back