EVGA 8800GTX available for STEP UP!!!

Jasonx82

Supreme [H]ardness
EVGA 8800GTX available for STEP UP!!!

Go Step up!!! :D :eek: :D

im number #12

how do you do this? what if you got a 6800gt like 2 years ago and have no proof of purchase any chance you could do this?

AMD_Gamer said:
how do you do this? what if you got a 6800gt like 2 years ago and have no proof of purchase any chance you could do this?

The step-up is only valid for 90 days after the purchase of your card :)

AMD_Gamer said:

sorry you have to have purchased the card in the last 90 days to qualify :( and you need a invoice

AMD_Gamer said:

HAHA, Thats my kinda step-up. :D

i jsut checked as well

stepping up!!!

under 400$ for the gtx for me :) (not really, i nkow, but i still got a good month out of this 7900gto :D)

SNIP3R said:
HAHA, Thats my kinda step-up. :D

lol well back when i was in high school and had no life i would get every new video card that came out,man those were the days but cant do that anymore :( besides the 6800GT has held up like a champ but its starting to show some stress on the newer games and i need to get ready for the new games coming out.

w00t! Just got my 8800GTS ordered before they went on backordered list. My step up from my 7900 GTO is in progress!! :D

#12 ?

Hrmmm where is this number at ?

I just used the step-up program for both of my 7950GX2's about 30 mins ago.

With overnight shipping Its about $370 for both cards.

Step-up for GTS and GTX is now listed as backordered :( . That was fast. 1:15.

SixFootDuo said:
#12 ?

I am so jealous! I missed the step up for my 7950gx2 by 10 days. think EVGA would make an exception if I called and begged?

Woot! I just faxed them my invoice!!! its under processing i believe :D

SixFootDuo said:
#12 ?

The Queue Number is on the step up page after u step up go to the page where u started the process it will tell you :D

nullzero said:
Im #12 on the GTS :)!!!

Next Step: Waiting In Queue: #12 <-- Im 12 for GTX!

Nice we are both 12s haha one for GTX and GTS... I just got off the phone with customer support. Confirmed I was 12.. they said that you were one lucky person they are expecting a couple +hundred today lol.

dborden said:
I am so jealous! I missed the step up for my 7950gx2 by 10 days. think EVGA would make an exception if I called and begged?

10 days....i really doubt it, i have heard stories of a day or two, maybe three, but 10 days is stretching it pretty far.....a day or two can be justified because of the difference between the card was ordered and when it was actually received, etc.....but 10 days is alot

if i were you, i would ebay those bad boys, you should still turn out pretty good, expecially if you have all the original packaging, etc...

Cant hurt but then there is an old saying, if we make an exception for one person then we have to make an exception for everyone.

I doubt they would do it.

BUT good news, sale your card for $400 and pay the difference. 400 - 450 is about the max you could get.

I dont think you can even get $400 for the 7950gx2.... I wouldnt pay more then $350 for it and even then I would consider a 8800 GTS.

SixFootDuo said:
Cant hurt but then there is an old saying, if we make an exception for one person then we have to make an exception for everyone.

I doubt they would do it.

BUT good news, sale your card for $400 and pay the difference. 400 - 450 is about the max you could get.

What he said..

On the phone with them right now. Going to see if I can get on the waiting list for 8800gtzx step up and make an exception. hers hoping!!

You guys are hardcore... I would never be able to justify the purchase of a 650$ video card. Heck, your guys' video card is worth more than my whole computer!

Well, the thing is, not everyone is aware the 8800gtx just came out. There are people now, A LOT of people just now finding out about the 7950GX2. And it's not an outdated card by any means.

Go look on ebay, the average price seems to be about $400 for a used 7950GX2 or was a few days ago.

Sale it and pay the difference. I do that all the time.

In fact, I sold my 7800GTX cards, both of them then used the cash to buy the new 7900GTX's from Newegg and I didn't even send out my old cards until I got the new ones a few days later.

Where there is a will, there is a way. lol

And btw, I am #2 and #5 in Que

nullzero said:
I dont think you can even get $400 for the 7950gx2.... I wouldnt pay more then $350 for it and even then I would consider a 8800 GTS.

I got 460 each for mine but its all about timing. I sold them in OCt then purchased one new to step up now with( i did not want to go a month without my rig). I also ordered a second one because i do not want to wait. I may sell one depending on performance . The step up protects my investment ( in a manner of speaking) in the 7950 if i do not decide to keep both.

hey i have a question. i still have 70 days left in my step up period. if i wait till the end of it, will i save money or will the MSRP just stay the same and it will be the same price for me?

Aw, man. My 7900GT KO Edition cost me $275, and today is the last day I can step up. I might not even get in the queue, and even then, I don't need the 8800 GTS. Maybe next summer or something when I'm (maybe) getting a new LCD and actually need that kind of power. A 7900GT is more than enough for gaming at 1280x1024.

jcll2002 said:
hey i have a question. i still have 70 days left in my step up period. if i wait till the end of it, will i save money or will the MSRP just stay the same and it will be the same price for me?

I believe it will stay the same

Orayn said:
Aw, man. My 7900GT KO Edition cost me $275, and today is the last day I can step up. I might not even get in the queue, and even then, I don't need the 8800 GTS. Maybe next summer or something when I'm (maybe) getting a new LCD and actually need that kind of power. A 7900GT is more than enough for gaming at 1280x1024.

even if it's backordered, you should be able to put your name on the list

if you put you're name on the list before the 90days, you're set. it just might take a month before they tell you you're card is ready. even though it's back ordered, i put my name in. hopefully it's like tomorrow :)

jcll2002 said:

Dood wait the 70 days then get in the queue and then while your int he queue switch your card to the revision 2 which will probably be out.

PS EVGA would not let me step up even thorugh I was only 5 days past the step up period. Those bastards. I can't afford 250 bucks to sell my 7950sgx2 on ebay.

dborden said:
Dood wait the 70 days then get in the queue and then while your int he queue switch your card to the revision 2 which will probably be out.

PS EVGA would not let me step up even thorugh I was only 5 days past the step up period. Those bastards. I can't afford 250 bucks to sell my 7950sgx2 on ebay.
you think it will be out by then? i hadnt even though of that!

I signed up this morning!! ME WANT!!!
biggrin.gif

im number 82, which is surprising cuz it said backordered when i placed the stepup request

i'm going to give it a day before i send my card in, i def dont want to wait for the card to become back in stock while they have my gto!

i just checked ebay, and some of these 7900gto's sell for 300$

maybe i'lll do that instead... then buy an 8800gtx from evga straight up, and then step up if a new rev happens

thought everyone might like to now that ,esp cuz most everyone prolly still has box, manuals, and everything ready for step up

i_am_mustang_man said:
i just checked ebay, and some of these 7900gto's sell for 300$

maybe i'lll do that instead... then buy an 8800gtx from evga straight up, and then step up if a new rev happens

thought everyone might like to now that ,esp cuz most everyone prolly still has box, manuals, and everything ready for step up
honestly who would buy that above msrp?

Back