EVGA NF41-SLI help

akshun

n00b
I just completed my first build using the NF41-SLI mobo and I have 2 main problems. First, I have 2 sata WD hard drives and 2 IDE hard drives. My computer for some reason will not recognize the sata drives. I can't figure out what I’m doing wrong. Could it be that both of my WD's are bad?

My second problem is I have the Antec performance 1 P180 Case. I have everything working from the front I/O but the Power LED and the Mic. The big problem with the Power Led cable is it’s a 3 prong connector with wires on each end but the mobo calls for only a 2 prong connector with the wire next to each other. Am I just out of luck or is there some kind of work around for this?

Not likely - What BIOS revision is your board running?

My WD "KS" drive wasn't recognized initially, no matter the combination of SATA/RAID drivers I tried installing (or not), nor which port t was hooked up to..In the end, updating from the as-shipped BIOS rev 42 to rev 44 solved the problem. That update also added the option to kill the full screen EVGA logo @ bootup, allowing me to see the POST diagnostic info's. There was also a newer release since, but the only addition was support for FX60 - there should be a "real" update, with more o/c options coming this next week (if the grapevine schedule is right).

Re: the power LED problem, I think I had the same thing happen..I don't really recall what I did, but I think I just tried any combo available, ie: flipping the connector around & seeing if it worked.

get a small pair of diagonal pliers or some other small cutting tool more substantial than a pair of scissors. cut out the middle(empty) connector, leaving just the two with wires. my last several mainboards had 2 pin power led connectors so i have been doig this on my casings. or just cut the connector in half, and put the pieces on the pins sideways. i guess you can also do it a better way, go to radio shack and buy new single pin connectors(or rape some single pin connectors from an old case) and solder them on. re the evga bios update:
when pigs fly

check the evga sli mainboard thread.

Er...don't cut the connector. God knows why, but there seems to be two power LED connection points. One is the two-pin you already found in the block with HDD LED, power, reset. Just above that is another pin block for the PC speaker (crappy old speaker that beeps at POST, not onboard audio) and power LED. The PC speaker gets 4 pins, above that are 3 pins for a power LED. I'm using that with my 3 pin connector (wire, empty, wire) and it works fine (Antec Super LanBoy case, so probably the same front panel wiring OP has).

I'm looking at manual page 26, and it's clear as mud, but it does show pins for PWRLED and SPEAK next to the diagram for PWR LED, PWRBTN, HDLED, and RESET. It's just not obvious these are different pin blocks, but if you check out the mobo you'll find the secnd PWRLED and SPEAK pins just above the other pin block.

You guys are just awesome! Thanks for all that helpfull info. [H] rocks!!!!

Well I got the wiring taken care of but I'm still having the same prolem with my SATA drives. I updated the bios to new EVGA flash via floppy. Tried to install XP again to load the EVGA raid floppy disk. Computer still fails to recognize the hard drives. I have not seen any setting in the bios to enable the SATA drives. Are jumpers needed for the hardrives? Im just lost and dont know if its RMA time for my drives.

Did you go into the bios? Do it.......go to integrated periferals..hit enter...on chip IDE functions...enter.... enable the sata channels you need, 1/2 or 3/4, of course you want raid, go to .raid configuration...enter...enable, enter, escape your way back out, hit save and exit. At your reboot set the raid options with f10 when it tells you to set options for raid, I used stripe, optimal. etc. Good luck!

Back