EVGA RMA - do they send a whole new package?

I think it might be different for everyone. I had to RMA numerous 9800GX2s in the past, and the last one I received, before I sold it, was only the card in a static proof bag. I know for step-ups its always the full package. You should probably e-mail them to confirm.

You'll get a white box, a plastic clamshell and the card in an anti static bag. And I think the serial number is on the outside of the box.

Oh ok thx. Now I wonder if it'll be the original black 295, the red one or one of the new co-op.

I got a new, shrink wrapped box back before. Sounds like that was unusual.

Or do they only send you the card? I RMA'd a GTX 295.

For a standard RMA, you send it in... they send out another card in a white box inside of a plastic clamshell, thats it.. Only send them the card, dont send anything else.

For a stepup, you send everything in and you get everything back(basically a retail package).

Or do they only send you the card? I RMA'd a GTX 295.
You will get just the card back in a clam shell, no accessories. The only company that I've ever gotten the entire package back from was XFX. They sent me a retail box motherboard to replace the one that took a shit on me. So I had 2x accessories :D

I did 3 RMA's with my 7800GS card and 2 of them were retail boxed replacements and 1 was a white box replacement.
It depends on stock on hand I guess.

Their RMA form will say card or MB only, NO accessory. Even the MB heat sink fan.

That depends on the motherboard, but i digress. Just send the card in making sure that its in a static free environment and that its well protected from shipping damage(clamshell and double boxed).

Back