EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 580 $449.99 w/code and MIR

Hopefully this is a sign of similar things to quickly come because of Kepler. :cool:

I don't think NVIDIA is worried about AMD. I think NVIDIA is just pushing out the old and getting ready for the new.

Had just ordered the regular version last night from Amazon for $439.99 after rebate. Luckily I was able to cancel and pick this one up for only $10 more. Thanks OP!

Not sure why anyone would buy this when you have a better performing 7950 at pretty much the same price and if you are only interested in nvidia, the market is flooded with used 580s.

Decent deal if you don't want to buy used I guess.

Not sure why anyone would buy this when you have a better performing 7950 at pretty much the same price and if you are only interested in nvidia, the market is flooded with used 580s.

AMEN

+, plus more ram if you wanna do some crazy resolutions and it runs cooler and uses less energy.

Still way overpriced. Don't quite understand what makes this a hot deal. Why not just pick up a 7950 with 2x the amount of vRAM and better performance for the same price without a rebate? The 7950s with 1.5gb vRAM will be $399 MSRP and likely still perform as well or better than this GTX580.

Still way overpriced. Don't quite understand what makes this a hot deal. Why not just pick up a 7950 with 2x the amount of vRAM and better performance for the same price without a rebate? The 7950s with 1.5gb vRAM will be $399 MSRP and likely still perform as well or better than this GTX580.

Because the 7950 is overpriced too in comparison to the 7970.

Because some people are loyal to one brand or another, and will rationalize it with weird reasons?

HD79XX has alot of funky driver issues. EVGA SC GTX580 is like a master built sword.

Also the HD7950 also has a problem with water block builders properly fitting a water block for it. If HD7950 was a reference design PCB then the HD7970 water blocks would fit. Only makes sens that the reference design HD7950 was abandoned for cheaper PCB configurations so that video card makers could make more money.

EVGA GTX580 SC is a sweet video card. Hard to pass it up but I'm waiting to see what other 28nm video cards have to offer.

Because some people are loyal to one brand or another, and will rationalize it with weird reasons?

I guess... Can't see any other reason, 580 is really priced high versus what you get.

HD79XX has alot of funky driver issues. EVGA SC GTX580 is like a master built sword.

Also the HD7950 also has a problem with water block builders properly fitting a water block for it. If HD7950 was a reference design PCB then the HD7970 water blocks would fit. Only makes sens that the reference design HD7950 was abandoned for cheaper PCB configurations so that video card makers could make more money.

EVGA GTX580 SC is a sweet video card. Hard to pass it up but I'm waiting to see what other 28nm video cards have to offer.

Outside of crossfire, none of that matters. Water blocks will be developed (it's a new card...) and the drivers will actually improve performance across the board, whereas with the GTX580 you're buying an outdated videocard at an inflated price that won't get any better. ~5%-10% performance increases from drivers? There's already been an improvement in the cards performance since they've come out. The gaps in performance will only further as time goes on.

You're definitely right about crossfire though

Outside of crossfire, none of that matters. Water blocks will be developed (it's a new card...) and the drivers will actually improve performance across the board, whereas with the GTX580 you're buying an outdated videocard at an inflated price that won't get any better. ~5%-10% performance increases from drivers? There's already been an improvement in the cards performance since they've come out. The gaps in performance will only further as time goes on.

You're definitely right about crossfire though

No Crossfire No deal.

The no crossfire/no deal is what, 5% of the market?

You know you have to pay a premium for cf/sli when you get into it, and your needs are different than most customers.

The no crossfire/no deal is what, 5% of the market?

You know you have to pay a premium for cf/sli when you get into it, and your needs are different than most customers.

Discrete graphics cards costing more then $200 are 10% of the discrete market. If 50% of those users want SLI or Crossfire its pretty important.

Lol. IMO, CF & Eyefinity support for AMD's high end is always just enough to work, since I'm willing to bet a majority of their sales are not of the high end, rather, the low&mid end.

Of course, that brings up another issue... AMD's mobile drivers have serious compat. issues (speaking as a owner of 3 current gen. AMD GPU laptops).

Reguardless, this is a deal for those looking for nVidia GPU. Otherwise, it's just a soso deal (mainly good due to eVGA...) vs the HD7950.

Back