Exactly how hard is the lanparty ultra-d's configuration

I'm not exactly a overclocker, but I was just wondering, how hard would it be to learn all this motherboard configuration stuff? I know pretty much everything about computer hardware except memory and motherboards :p. I was looking at this lanparty ultra-D for my new computer, but I hear a lot of people saying that it is hard as hell to configure.

Would I be better off with a different motherboard? I need a really high quality, high performance 939 motherboard that doesnt use SLi (because it costs too much and im probably not going to buy another card anyways)

not to hard really....just a lil bit more in depth about memory timimgs

DFI boards have the most features that you can edit in BIOS. They are high quality, and very stable when configured properly, however configuring them can take some time.
If you dont need the extra features for OC'ing available on the DFI, and want a high quality stable board, get the Asus A8N-E. It'll be stable out of the box, unlike the DFI, and should be a decent overclocker as well.

I WOULD go would that epox 9NDA+ board, seeming that it was neck to neck with the ultra-d on anandtech, but i purchased a 8KHA+ a while ago.. and ive never really liked the company, they seem too shanty with the broken website and the hard to understand manuals and such

DFI, while has lots of different tweaking options, is relatively ez if you are willing invest the time to know the stuff.

if u don't, and just want a plug and go mobo, then get a ASUS one, nice, fast, stable and reliable

Back