Excellent price on 6800, 6800GT, and 6800U (no rebates involved)

jeebus. do you guys think i should sell my bfg 6800OC and get the evga 6800GT?

I think the most i could sell it for would be 250.. so that would make it 70 bucks (plus shipping) to upgrade.

and thats IF i could sell my card for that much (although it does do 16/6 without a problem...)

I have the eVGA 6800GT (cost me $400 though). Excellent card and for this price, it really can't be beaten. Great overclocker as well on stock cooling.

yes i would do it. I just bought a 6600GT agp but thats what i want and thats what im keeping(hdtv support!!)

shit i think i might. i'm worried the price will go up...

i still have a week before my semester starts so i wont be able to put up fliers for my card until then... damnit!! oh and i paid tuition today. ouch.

Thanks! Just picked up a 6800GT! I got next day for $11.99 for a grand total of $331.98! Hopefully this will keep me happy while PCI-Express settles in for another 3 months.

eVGAs are also on sale circuit city but not quite as low prices, but still pretty decent

This kinda blows for me actually. I got in on the chumbo deal for PCIe so now I have an AGP one to sell. This is a nutty deal. LMK if they come through on these GT's. I may hold off a week or two now. Surely this is a get 'em while there hot deal, that won't last... I think... Ugh...

yeah Microcenter is a huge chain we have a super Microcenter here in Ohio in Cincy .. I love that store can't find something go there they have it

What cinched the deal for me was Evga's step-up program. Hopefully, within 3 months, I'll be able to go to PCI-Express.(SLI!) If not I'll be able to sell this pretty easily. :cool:

outpost has BFG 6800 OC for 255 shipped and is a very good merchant. the funny thing is, they made great prices for all the cards except the 6800 NU... i wonder why.

Xelemental said:
does anyonek now if the 239 one can unlock pipes like the BFG 6800 OC? also is this not the OC version, just the regular one?

Neither the BFG nor the eVGA nor any other 6800nu is garantueed to be able to be unlocked.....Your BFG has exactly the same chance of being unlocked as the eVGA or any other brand.

does anyone know if these are temporary deals, or if they'll be around for a bit? (like at least a week)

Not to mention only 5 reviews. 3 of which complained about bad local store experiences. 1 was online negative, one is online positive.

If I get screwed around, I'm using 600lb Visa-gorilla to do my complaining.

Got the Ultra with next day shipping. Total was $488.28

Xelemental said:
actually, micro doesnt tax according to the site. so its pretty hot!

I was taxed $36.30 :confused:

Brian48 said:
Yeah, but that's still better than other retail chain stores such as CompUSA, CircuitCity, BestBuy's, etc.. This is not a fly-by-night online vendor. They're a national, B&M chain just like the former mentioned stores.

True ... I have no experience on their online store since they are local to me ... but my experience is great ... no problems with returns and exchange ... and they have a great selection ... prices are not bad for a B&M store ...

Xelemental said:
actually, micro doesnt tax according to the site. so its pretty hot!

I was taxed presumably b/c they have a B&M store up in Fairfax. Its not worth the 2hr drive thru NoVA traffic to get there after work to pick one up in-store. It came to $341.98 taxed and shipped. I havent gotten a confirmation email yet......

I was going for a 6600GT but the AGP flavors havent come down to the sub-$200 level and the extra money is probably worth it.

Order has shipped! I got the tracking number and it should arrive tomorrow at 3:00pm :)

Nice! I wondered if this was some sort of price mistake, but their main page has the big advert for 20% off the B.Y.O.S Components. Keep us posted on the shipping, I opted for normal ground (because I'm a cheap bastard). :cool:

Xelemental said:
does anyonek now if the 239 one can unlock pipes like the BFG 6800 OC? also is this not the OC version, just the regular one?
you can unlock and get 16 pipes but some people have reported they get artifacts where other says it runs nicely. eitherway, its certainly a nice card and even at a nicer price

Bullitt said:
Nice! I wondered if this was some sort of price mistake, but their main page has the big advert for 20% off the B.Y.O.S Components. Keep us posted on the shipping, I opted for normal ground (because I'm a cheap bastard). :cool:

Rest assured it is legit. I cancelled my original order having found out they had a location in CA and opted for the in-store pickup. I am now ready for the install :)

Well, I broke down. I went ahead and picked up this card (6800GT) for my backup machine. I've already had a X800XT PE in my primary PC for the last 6 months so I really didn't "need" this card per say, but at this price, it was a good incentive to upgrade my No. 2 box and move all the cards down the line through my lesser machines.

Anyway, I walked into the Cambridge, MA store and there they were. Priced as advertised. They had 6 of the GTs left, about 10 of the plain vanillas, and a whopping 16 of the Ultras! I guess most people know the GT is the better value.

I am really taken back at how "long" the card is compared to the 9800Pro it's replacing. I had forgotten how much larger nVidia cards were since my sold ti4600 two years ago.

just sold my 6800oc to go pci-e but i'm seriously considereing buying it again.

I'm tellin' ya, they're backordered right now, regardless of what the website says.

just went to my local Microcenter, they had every 6800 in stock as well as a Visiontek X800XT for $399. I picked up the X800XT for myself, had a hard time choosing from it and 6800GT. I'm gonna be playing mostly Source to the ATI was the better choice for me. All their video cards are on sale, 20% off so this is mostly likely a temporary thing so pick them up at these prices while you can!!!

Nexx said:
just went to my local Microcenter, they had every 6800 in stock as well as a Visiontek X800XT for $399. I picked up the X800XT for myself, had a hard time choosing from it and 6800GT. I'm gonna be playing mostly Source to the ATI was the better choice for me. All their video cards are on sale, 20% off so this is mostly likely a temporary thing so pick them up at these prices while you can!!!

lol.. you shouldn't have a hard time choosing from a GT and XT :) XT ofcourse... if it was ultra vs xt.. then that should be a hard time hehhe...

Back