Extend Windows Desktop Over Network?

MorfiusX

2[H]4U
A while back, I saw an application that would allow you to extend the Windows desktop to a PC over the network.

I have a laptop and a PC at my desk at work. The PC is what I use to do all of my testing. But, most of the time, it's just sitting idle. The laptop is my main machine. I would like to use the PC screen as an extension of the laptop.

I already have the monitor port of the laptop in use, so that's not an option.

Anyone know what the app is called?

It's called Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) for short. If you have XP it is built in and you can access it via clicking start, run, and entering mstsc and then clicking ok. . . or you can go to start, all programs, accessories, communications. If you have an OS older than XP just search google for it and it will point you to the correct Microsoft page to download it.

i would recommend VNC it better then the MS RDC, with RDC you log the user out then log in with VNC you can just jump right in and view everything they are doing. I use it at home to administer my server and my laptop.. plus its free :)

i like real VNC a bit better then vanilla VNC but there should be a bunch of different ones out there.

djnes said:
I'm looking for it now. It's not what these other guys are referring to....they bring the monitor of one PC to another...you want to use both screens at once, right?

Here it is now:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4197
I already know about remote desktop and vnc blah blah blah.

djnes understood what I was talking about. Thanks for the link. StarDock also has an application that is similar as well.

You're talking Multiplicity? The Stardock app? That one needs a physical monitor for both systems and shares the Mouse/keyboard between the two via an applet that runs.

Back