F.E.A.R forced to 1024x768

psychoace

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my geforce 6800 gs with 82.10 drivers. I start F.E.A.R. go to setting and change the resolution but it wont go higher then 1024x768. I am assuming this is driver problem but I have yet found any new drivers that would install on this card. Everything else just gives me the usual "can't find device" error when i try to instlal them. Is it because I have the extra pipes unlocked should I lock them back up before I try installing drivers? I was able to install these drivers without having to lock them.

I had the same problem with my 6800 ti wouldn't go any higher than that resolution. I never did figure it out, I just bought a 7800GTX.

Moose777 said:
I had the same problem with my 6800 ti wouldn't go any higher than that resolution. I never did figure it out, I just bought a 7800GTX.
That is a great way to solve it.....
I htink your problem is driver maturity, same thing was happening to ati's x800gto's.

in serious sam 2, i ran into the same problem.

i remidied it by, adjust the texture levels and the other settings from maximum to just High and then it allowed to choose more resolutions.

I believe FEAR works the same way, try adjusting down some of the graphical settings from Maximum to just High or Medium and then see if you can change the resolution.

Thanks I will try that when I get home. Also noticed there has been new drivers released today and hopefully they will install. Otherwise I will try this also i got a suggestion on the F.E.A.R. board that it might be because my monitor is still set to plug and play and that might be it but i have doubts. Hopefully new drivers will fix it because i would love to play this game at full quality

go ingame, set all the settings how u want, but the resolution, save settings, close game, go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR

open settings.cfg

"ScreenWidth" "1680"
"VSyncOnFlip" "0.000000"
"DeviceName" "\\.\DISPLAY1"
"ScreenHeight" "1050"

and change ur res (im at 1680x1050), change it to ur desired one

Back