Fahcore_11.exe Initialization Failure

So, I've been trying for a while now to get my 8800GT folding. It isn't. I have 177.35, CUDA toolkit 2.0 (which I hear isn't needed, but it got rid of my "can't find CUDART.dll error), on Vista 64 bit. When I run the client, Fahcore_11.exe fails to initialize and spits out error 0xc000007b. I have uninstalled, deleted the folder, and reinstalled, with both beta 6 and beta 8, and I'm still getting this problem. In the meantime, I'm folding on my CPU, but any help on this would be appreciated. Sorry if there's a post on this already, but I haven't been able to find it. Hardware is in sig, if there's anything else I can provide to help you help me, let me know. Thanks again, I want to put this card to work!

Are you launching the program by the shortcut in your start menu?

I think your trying to start the wrong exe.

The program install in 2 folders, just use the shortcut in the start menu.

Wow, I feel pretty dumb now. Thanks for the tip on that, lol. It's working right now. Thanks for covering for my stupidity. :)

No problem. We all had a few of those moments. some just seem to have them more often. ;)

For GPU2 folding, you must use the shortcut since the exe folder isn't the same as the data folder. That explain your problems (cudart.dll is in the data folder, not in Program Files) :)

Back