Fan orientation opinion needed - Silverstone Raven 03

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Hey all, so I recently finished building my Raven 03, and now I need to start adding a couple fans since its getting hotter.

Here's what the build looks like:

igC5aPyktHqSI.jpg

Currently, the back fan isn't plugged in, so the air flow right now is the default bottom to top.

I'm planning on turning the fan on the back, and also add another 120mm fan in the front. The new fan in the front will be an intake and the one in the back as an exhaust. Now, I'm no expert on this, but would this mess with the current air flow of from bottom to top?

So...I guess first of all, should I even add the fans? And if I do, what do you guys think is the best orientation for them (intake, exhaust, whatever). I was thinking the back could be an intake as well so it will be blowing cool air onto the GTX570, and the air will still be exhausted from the top.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps!

Edit: Oh, and I will be removing that PCI card when I activate the back fan.

well you've already got the exhaust mounted. I'd go ahead and fire it up and see how it goes. My guess is that likely it won't be a game changer so you'll have to weigh the noise vs temp change. Most likely your 2 bottom intakes will push more air than the rear, but if its getting bottled up at hte top it could help on longer gaming sessions.

Try it. I doubt you'll see much difference. I doubt your temps will suffer from a shortage of fresh air or the ability to exhaust warm air...rather aircooled parts simply can only dump so much heat.

IMO just plug in the back fan and be done with it. Add a front fan if you want but it's probably not strictly necessary. You already have two big ass intake fans and the top exhaust, which is more than a lot of cases.

Hm yeah I actually changed the back fan into an intake to blow cool air onto the GTX570. Turns out it didn't really help the temp at idle, but helped quite a lot when the card is under load. But the fan is just too damn noisy. I guess I'm gonna have to look into a really low RPM 120mm fan...any recommendations?

Back