FarCry = Done. . . Now What??

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
I finished Far Cry. I got up to the 19th level without any cheats. Had to finish the 19th and 20th level with God Mode. Those levels are impossible with no cheats.

Well now i'm ready for another game as close to Far Cry. I've played a lot of demos but didnt care for them to much. I've played Painkiller, Hitman: Contract, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomarrow.

Are there any FPSs just like FarCry??

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

the online play for farcry is a lot of fun. depends if you're a big online gamer and stuff. as for other games like it. um. dont really know any. like the other guy said, wait for more big releases that are comming. i think thats your best bet.

There's not really anything else like FarCry out there right now that I can think of. There are a few new FPS' coming out over the next few months, including Doom 3.

I just play UT2k4 when I get the FPS itch. FarCry makes monkey angry.

Or any old game that you used to play competitively or something like that. QuakeWorld, Q3, SoF2, Enemy Territory, and why not America's Army? Cheers.

-J.

my 10 year old bro beat that game without cheats...
hehe he really did, but im just messing with you. there isnt much of a wait for doom3 left as people have said, and also another thing that isnt far off is the beta for CS: Source. you have to buy the craptacular CS: CZ to get in on the beta. not worth $40, but i bought a cd key for it on ebay for $16 and dl'd via steam. not a bad deal i say.

oh yeah i finished Call of Duty this summer and that game was really intense. i highly reccomend that one too.

Replay it at hardest difficulty level without auto adjusting AI that will keep you busy for a while :D

ThreeDee said:
..go back and finish those last couple levels like a man ...!! .. :p

exactly.... cheater! :D

It's not impossible. The boss or so on level 19ish or whatever, with all his baddies, takes a couple luckily placed rockets but you can get him. Level 20 I'm willing to bet you're not doing it right. If you back yourself into that corner and chain gun the rocket shooting monsters in the face, after enough tries, you'll get it.... stun them by spraying their faces full of lead and they can't shoot their rockets. Seems impossible at first but it's that little trick your missing. Stuff like this you never figure out in god mode and deny yourself the satisfaction of finding it out.

Cigolon said:
the online play for farcry is a lot of fun. depends if you're a big online gamer and stuff. as for other games like it. um. dont really know any. like the other guy said, wait for more big releases that are comming. i think thats your best bet.

I cant figure out how to play online. I have a login and a real CDKey. It says something like the CDKey server can not be reach or something. Any Ideas?

GeForceX said:
Or any old game that you used to play competitively or something like that. QuakeWorld, Q3, SoF2, Enemy Territory, and why not America's Army? Cheers.

-J.

I dont have any other old games. Far Cry was the first FPS game I've ever played.

ThreeDee said:
..go back and finish those last couple levels like a man ...!! .. :p

I think getting to the 19th level is pretty good for my first game.

EquaLiZr said:
painkiller is a good FPS

I tried the SP and MP demo's and didnt care for them that much. Just shoot, kill. shoot, kill. shoot, kill. It got kinda old after like 20 minutes.

Scheizekopf said:
I think getting to the 19th level is pretty good for my first game.

finish game on realistic without any cheats ..stop setting such low standards for yourself .. :)

Eidolon said:
In terms of other games to play...
Try Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. :D

I tried the demo. . . didnt like it all that much.

How about the original Half Life? or Counter strike? the new condition Zero?

try something other than fsp, give sacrifice a try, its a few yrs old, but it's still way more fun than any fps ive played lately.

Why play Half Life. It´s old in every kind of way. Other fps have done it so much better since then.

Installing or buying anything half life related would be a terrible decision. Wait for D3 in a few weeks.

******Far Cry spoiler warning********

The biggest problem I had was at the end where those big cyborg guys come at you at the very last level where you stock up on weapons then go open the 2 doors. Just didn't seem to have enough ammo to take them out.
Here's how I did it.
One way is a cheat of sorts found out by one of our members on our forums. It takes a little time, but you can actually push a chair from one of the rooms you stock up at and place it so that the first door doesn't close behind you. That way you can run back and stock up on ammo again. Eventually the door opening and closing on the chair will displace the chair and you will still be stuck. But it does buy some time.

The second way without cheating at all is to enter the first door and hide in that corner between the two doors. Draw the big guys at you so they stand at the opening, then bounce some grenades off the opposite wall at them. After you run out of grenades it should be easy to kill off any remnants of them. After they are gone you can focus on those annoying hopping sniper things. Piece of cake after that.

cheats are for people with no skill, sorry but you didnt beat farcry, the code did :rolleyes:

Back