Fear 7900GTX SLI performance TASS/GC

kleox64

[H]ard|Gawd
Just installed my 7900GTX's and playing about with some of the AA settings, currently at 1600x1200 with 4X AA enabled in FEAR. The issue being that there is no performance decrease when enabling transparent Super sampling & gamma correct AA, I get exactly the same FPS using the FEAR performance test. Note ive tried enabling these in both the game and global profiles.

I think it's because there is so little Transperency AA needed so there is no performance decrease because it's not being used. There isn't any fences there isn't any foilage it's all just pipes, rails and walls.

psychoace said:
I think it's because there is so little Transperency AA needed so there is no performance decrease because it's not being used. There isn't any fences there isn't any foilage it's all just pipes, rails and walls.

Yes it's true. I'm using 7800 GT and there is no fps decrease in F.E.A.R. enabling SuperSampling. Other situation is with Far Cry.

TR AA does not cause a large performance dip in FEAR, there are some transparency surfaces, but nothing like an outdoor scene rendering trees and grass. You can turn it on and be assured all edges are recieving AA, it doesn't take a large hit on perf.

Brent_Justice said:
TR AA does not cause a large performance dip in FEAR, there are some transparency surfaces, but nothing like an outdoor scene rendering trees and grass. You can turn it on and be assured all edges are recieving AA, it doesn't take a large hit on perf.
Have you noticed if enabling TR SSAA puts a noticiable load on that game engine? I enabled it in my setup and, even though the benchmark numbers in the default FEAR benchmark look acceptable, the actual gameplay seems a bit sluggish.

Back